“Great - A real home from home....”

The Spires Serviced Suites
Aberdeen
“Great - A real home from home....”
Reviewed November 29, 2007

'The Spires' is a great concept. I travelled on my own with two young children and didn't want to be confined to one 'Hotel Room' and therefore this accommodation was ideal.

The two bedroom apartment was spacious and very well equipped. Comfortable and spotlessly clean. With young children the fully equipped kitchen was a lifesaver, no worrying about dining out with tired bored children.

The lounge was equipped with a large tv, dvd player and cable T.V and the main bedroom had a second T.V.

The staff were friendly and helpful on arrival and showed me to my apartment.

Great location, within walking distance of all the main shopping in Glasgow.

'The Spires' is ideal for families.

• Liked — Spaciousness and cleanliness.
  • Disliked — Having to leave to go home.........
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank karen_barbour3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Scotland
Reviewed September 9, 2007

whilst the accomodation was basic it was clean and well presented. However during the stay we had no hot water in the kitchen or shower.

Despite bringing this to the attention of management this was not rectified and we still await an explanation some 2 weeks later.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — no hot water!!!!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Eun
London
Reviewed August 25, 2007

My visit was split between business and leisure. I'll be honest, I was worried when I read the most recent reviews however I knew I wanted a serviced apartment and I liked the look of spires website. I shouldn't have worried - I've now left Glasgow and I am extremely happy to report that my stay was wonderful. OK i waited 5 or so minutes to check in while the maid done her final checks but that was all i could possibly get upset about. my apartment was a really spacious one bedroom apartment with a good sized lounge and dining area. having stayed at other serviced apartments across the UK, i'm disappointed there aren't more spires. the kitchen was excellent and equipped with quality utensils and applianes - not some of the cheap alternatives you so often find so i could cook a meal in confidence! the furniture was comfortable and stylish and their was a warm purple and brown colour echoed throughout which i think shows a nice attention to detail. i used their wifi service and at first found it difficult to connect (i did start to panic!) however the lady on reception was very helpful and sorted my problem out with speed and later checked everything was still ok. towards the end of the week i also got some good suggestions from the reception staff for taking some family who stay in glasgow for dinner (thank you!), i felt comfortable at spires and well looked after. i slept well too. there's the usual city noise but i'm used to that. the bed linen was immaculate and the towels were excellent, quality again. the maids reported daily (as in a hotel). overall i was impressed with both the service and the quality of the apartment and will definitely go to this hotel again.

• Liked — The lstaff, ocation, cleanliness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank brenda101
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed August 21, 2007

Clean; good maid service; convenient location.

BUT:
we booked a 2-bed apartment for a week. With 2 adults and 2 kids we were attracted by the advertised full kitchen which would allow us to cook meals and eat together. Fine: except our apartment had no dining table so that the kids had to eat sitting on the floor around a coffee table. The adults had to live in fear of dropping food on the sofa.

We requested a table and a genuine attempt was made to find us another apartment but they were fully booked. We were later told that the original table had been damaged and had been removed for "health and safety reasons". I have been trying to figure this out ever since.

A letter to the management on our return brought a pleasant reply saying that they had done everything possible to meet our wishes.

The letter said: "we do understand that some of our guests prefer the option of a dining table and therefore if a guest does specifically request this we will do our utmost to accomodate the request".

So the apartment that is advertised to have a freezer, full fridge, cooker, microwave, dishwasher has nowhere where you can eat a meal comfortably.

Advice:
If you want to actually sleep in the advertised 2-bed apartment at the Spires, maybe you better specifically request, in advance, that there are actually some beds.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank oceanperson
Dundee
Reviewed July 21, 2007

I stayed there with my girlfriend and they later accused me of stealing a CD player and said they had contacted the Police. After hearing nothing I contacted the Police myself. They told me Spires had never contacted them. I drive a Lotus Elise, which has barely enough luggage space for 1 small haldall. Where would I put their CD player? Why would I jeopardise the £400 deposit for a CD player. This was clearly a scam, please don't be robbed like I was, save yourself hassle and please choose another hotel!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The fact they illegally took money from my credit card and lied about contacting the Police
  • Stayed November 2005, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Avoid_Spires
Carnoustie
Reviewed June 21, 2007

Spent 4 nights at The Spires Glasgow early June. Only 2 of us, but we were upgraded to a 2 bed, 2 bath apartment, that actually slept 6. The flat was spacious, spotlessly clean and very well equipped with dishwasher, washing machine, fridge/freezer , multi channel tv, etc. A few basics, tea, coffee, milk, biscuits, etc supplied. A maid came in daily to tidy, change towels etc and even dried up the dishes we had left on the draining rack. There is a Marks & Spencer and Sainsburys within 2 minutes of flats, so great for stocking up on essentials. J D Weatherspoon pub just across the road, very handy for drinks and eating if you can't face a 5 minute walk in to town after a long day of doing all the touristy attractions.

Can't say we have anything negative to report, we had a super time.

• Liked — Convenient and smart
  • Disliked — .
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HST37
Borlange, Sweden
Reviewed April 27, 2007

The entrance to the apartments was a little hard to find. It’s a good place to stay if you like anonymity as they don’t see any one, even when we checked in we got our own keys from the safe. The location was perfect, walking distance from everywhere we wanted to be. The only complaint I would have was that the apartment had a funny smell (maybe from the previous guests cooking) and the cutlery was dirty (dried jam) and the breadboard was lying on the side covered in crumbs. However, for the price we paid, it was a bargain and we will definitely be returning.

• Liked — The fact that they were apartments
  • Disliked — The smell
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple