“Tasty and healthy”

Harvester
Ranked #1,723 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bulgaria
“Tasty and healthy”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We visited the Harvester on a busy Friday night for dinner. It did not disappoint - service was fast, food was fresh (love the free salad bar!) and tasty (had half-chicken). As someone with a sweet tooth, deserts are always my weakness. I was full from the main meal but could not resist sharing a desert (éclairs). The plate was enormous. Between the two of us, we had trouble finishing it.
Food and drink is great value for money too.

• Visited February 2013

Prestwick
“Very Lean harvest”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

With time to spare on a Saturday afternoon I dropped into the Harvester at the Springfield Quay in Glasgow with my wife and two kids. I wish I hadn't bothered.
I have been to the eatery before and to be honest it never really impressed me first time round.
However having watched their advertising campaign on TV recently decided to give it another chance,in the off chance that I had missed something the first time round.

I should really have listened to my instincts and went elsewhere.
One of their selling points involves being able to add as much salad as possible to the dish of your choice.
Most of the dishes are of a grilled meat nature mainly burgers chicken and ribs.
Both my wife and I in this instance elected to have a Gourmet burger with Habaneros relish and fries.The burgers had been overdone and were tasteless even with the habaneros relish.

My daughter had half a flame grilled chicken breast with fries from the kids menu. The portion that arrived was very small and barely fed her. Just as well you can have as much salad with your meal or she would have left the eatery still hungry

The biggest disapointment however was when my son's Harvester combo meal arrived. According to the menu It was meant to be a half spit roast chicken with a portion of baby ribs.
Whoever wrote the menu should have explained to the chef the difference between a chicken drumstick and a half spit roast piece of chicken and they werent kidding when they described the ribs.as baby.
I pointed out the lack of chicken to the waiter who told us that the chicken was of normal standard portion size but he would speak to the chef to see if he could put another piece of chicken on the plate. I thanked him for this. That was the last time I saw him as he never returned to the table nor was the other piece of chicken forthcoming.
Forgive me for my ignorance but I think I can tell the difference between half a chicken and a drumstick. My son's meal equated to just under a tenner for what can only be described as a plate of chips and salad

The next time I have some spare time to spend on a Saturday it definetly won't be at the Harvester

• Visited January 2013
“Slow but pleasant”
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Popped in for a quick breakfast after a night out however breakfast was not quick. At 11am we were the only people in the restaurant however we waited a considerably length of time for breakfast for two people. Not only this but the very polite waitress had made a mistake with the order. She did apologise and resolved the issue. Atmosphere was lovely however - there was nice music playing and we had a nice seat at the window looking onto the Clyde. Worth the money - cheap and cheerful.

Lanarkshire Scotland
“Beautiful salad and quality food”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

we have had always had great experiences in the Harvester restaurants. Just wish there were more around the country as we have to travel around 25 miles to the nearest. Food is excellent and service second to none! On this particular occasion we were served by 'Simmy' who was very friendly and helpful making sure we were happy with our meals and asking if we needed anything else.

• Visited February 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good food at a good price”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Waited in the very nice bar area for out table to be ready. Very attentive staff. The meals were all very good, although the salad bar was a bit short in a couple of aeas and because we were the last in there, it wasn't replenished. Still, to get a table and good food without a reservation we couln't really complain. Would certainly go back.

Visited February 2013