“Christmas visit”
Review of Glasgow West End

Glasgow West End
Ranked #13 of 294 things to do in Glasgow
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Fantastic area of the city.A lot of wealthy people live here in amongst a large student and ethnic population.Great variety of quirky shops,places for dining out,bars and hotels.Aston Lane a must to visit plus Great Western Road and Byres Road.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Exciting area of Glasgow with plenty of attractions, great restaurants and bars. Too many things to mention in one review but I would recommend your wander around on foot and just go where your fancy takes you. You can't go far wrong.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

just back from a wander up and down Byres Road and even on a cold, wet 'spring?' day the atmosphere is buzzing. From the Botanic Gardens down to Partick at the foot, it's alive with food and drink shops, retro clothes shops, bars, restaurants, hotels and lots of bustling people. I always enjoy this part of town, it offers everything you could need and is very safe, easily accessed by car, bus or subway. In my opinion one of the best areas of Glasgow.

1  Thank AlanR186
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Loved the Botanic Gardens for its glasshouses and wonderful walks and plants. The boutiques here are mostly independent little shops with unusual goodies for all tastes, and if you sit outside and have a coffe, you will certainly see Bohemian style!,

1  Thank GlobalNomadGlasgow
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I recently visited my daughter who lives and works in Glasgow. My wife and I stayed with her in the West End for a weekend in March. I had previously visited the city about 30 years ago. I was amazed at the change in the city over the intervening years. It is a now a vibrant, clean and beautiful city. We visited the shopping areas in the city centre during the day and walked along by the Clyde. We eat in a number of local restaurants in the West End and visited a number of local bars in the evening. All surpassed our expectations. Glasgow has now become a city on a par with Edinburgh and well worth a visit.

1  Thank Faheyj