I stayed at the Jurys in for three nights from the 17th of June for business. The hotel is in a great central location as it is a 3 minute walk from Central Station and an 10 minute walk from Queen Street on the edge of the Clyde. Its a stones throw from the bottom of Buchanan Street and all the shops so is a perfect base for a girly shopping trip.
It is a standard chain hotel and offers all the amenities you would expect like freeview tv, wifi, security boxes etc. I found that it had all the basics that I needed for the limited time I was spending in my room.
The room I was in 931 looked over the back of Central Station so there was a bit of train noise if I opened the window and could image that this would be a lot more if you were on a lower floor so ask for a high floor. I didn't have my window open as it was very warm in Glasgow so I took advantage of the air conditioning to keep the room cool.
My room had a double and single bed in it but it wasn't a massive room so I wouldn't want to have 3 people in there for more than 1 night as you would be on top of each other! however if I was looking for a crash pad for a night with friends for a concert or 1 night shopping trip it would be fine.
In the evenings I dined in my room and did find the room service menu limited, It offers Platters which a nice if you want a lighter snacky option, 4 hot mains like stir fry beef or mussels, a selection of burgers or sandwiches and a couple of deserts. I was tried after my work so just wanted quick easy food so had the fish platter twice and a chicken sandwich once. All were good and didn't take too long to arrive. The only problem with room service is you don't get a tray so have to put your plates outside the door after just on the floor. This is because your room service arrives on a trolley that is obviously doing the rounds of lots of rooms and it doesn't have room for trays.
Breakfast is served in the restaurant and i found the selection quite good on the hot and cold buffet. It was VERY busy each day I went down and i went at different times each day so cant say if there is a quiet time.
I did have a slight issue getting the wifi to work on my first night but I called reception and they helped me get it sorted.
I would have liked to have had a relaxing bath after one of my days work but the bath is VERY shallow so decided not to bother.
All in all it I found the hotel to be of a good standard and had no real problems with it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jurys Inn Glasgow is a four star hotel ideally located within a ten minute walk of Glasgow's 3 major stations - Glasgow Central, Queen Street and Argyle Street. The hotel is an easy 3 minute train journey or 20 minute walk from the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre and The Hydro Entertainment Arena, and is an ideal place to stay when visiting Glasgow both for business and leisure. For those planning a shopping trip the hotel offers a short 3 minute walk to St Enoch shopping centre as well as easy access to a plethora of nearby restaurants and bars to unwind in after a busy day in Glasgow. Jurys Inn Glasgow features all day Costa Coffee bar and a stylish onsite bar to relax in after an eventful day in the city. You can enjoy a great selection of seasonal food and drink in our trendy restaurant which opens from 6:30am to 10:00am for breakfast and from 5:00pm to 10:00pm for dinner. Guests can also avail of 24 hour room service. If arriving by car, parking is available within a 3 minute walk of the hotel at Qpark Jamaica Street. Our comfortable bedrooms are suitable for up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. All of our 321 bedrooms have air conditioning and are furnished with large soft beds, spacious bathrooms with complimentary toiletries, a hair dryer, a flat screen TV with Freeview, tea, coffee and hot chocolate refreshment dock and Free WiFi. Guests who book direct with us can enjoy Free Premium WiFi, best price guarantee, no booking fees and also earn points and get rewards with our loyalty programme. Enjoy warm welcome, comfortable bedrooms, seasonal menus and a memorable visit to Glasgow with Jurys Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, TravelUp, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Jurys Inn Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jurys Inn Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Jurys Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Jurys Hotel
- Jurys Inn Glasgow Scotland