“Central Location for business or tourism”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jurys Inn Glasgow

Jurys Inn Glasgow
Ranked #29 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Scotland
“Central Location for business or tourism”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed at the Jurys in for three nights from the 17th of June for business. The hotel is in a great central location as it is a 3 minute walk from Central Station and an 10 minute walk from Queen Street on the edge of the Clyde. Its a stones throw from the bottom of Buchanan Street and all the shops so is a perfect base for a girly shopping trip.

It is a standard chain hotel and offers all the amenities you would expect like freeview tv, wifi, security boxes etc. I found that it had all the basics that I needed for the limited time I was spending in my room.

The room I was in 931 looked over the back of Central Station so there was a bit of train noise if I opened the window and could image that this would be a lot more if you were on a lower floor so ask for a high floor. I didn't have my window open as it was very warm in Glasgow so I took advantage of the air conditioning to keep the room cool.

My room had a double and single bed in it but it wasn't a massive room so I wouldn't want to have 3 people in there for more than 1 night as you would be on top of each other! however if I was looking for a crash pad for a night with friends for a concert or 1 night shopping trip it would be fine.

In the evenings I dined in my room and did find the room service menu limited, It offers Platters which a nice if you want a lighter snacky option, 4 hot mains like stir fry beef or mussels, a selection of burgers or sandwiches and a couple of deserts. I was tried after my work so just wanted quick easy food so had the fish platter twice and a chicken sandwich once. All were good and didn't take too long to arrive. The only problem with room service is you don't get a tray so have to put your plates outside the door after just on the floor. This is because your room service arrives on a trolley that is obviously doing the rounds of lots of rooms and it doesn't have room for trays.

Breakfast is served in the restaurant and i found the selection quite good on the hot and cold buffet. It was VERY busy each day I went down and i went at different times each day so cant say if there is a quiet time.

I did have a slight issue getting the wifi to work on my first night but I called reception and they helped me get it sorted.

I would have liked to have had a relaxing bath after one of my days work but the bath is VERY shallow so decided not to bother.

All in all it I found the hotel to be of a good standard and had no real problems with it.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to avoid the nose of trains from the station behind it. Ask for a river facing...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
niall_oshaughnessy, Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we will take your comments on board. If you are ever returning please let me know - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com. Regards, Niall O’Shaughnessy Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Inverness
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

So we have just returned from a 4 week stay here, for a work course paid by our company. Overall we found this hotel very good, clean and great location next to central train station. However the rooms next to the station i would not recommend as you can here trains till 2330 at night and they start back up again at 0400. However i told the receptionist that i wasnt sleeping and they were very good and moved my room to the other side of the hotel with no problems at all. The food was very nice, we enjoyed going to the restaurant every night and what definitely made our stay was the waiter KEVIN! He was so friendly, very attentive to our needs, always chatting away and always smiling! Overall we enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it to others :)

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your excellent review,
I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay. We are located right in the city center which does mean there is train and traffic noise however if you are ever returning please let me know and we will make sure you receive a quiet room. Thank you for your kind comments about Kevin, I will personally ensure he reads the review. - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com. Regards, Niall O’Shaughnessy Deputy General Manager
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Nice hotel stayed one night on the 17th June easy check in girl behind reception very helpful
Room very nice and clean hotel busy but no noise only problem a small bed not good for two people hardly got any sleep but would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sabndy, Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. The next time you are visiting Glasgow please feel free to contact me direct and I would be happy to allocate a room with a larger bed. niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com. Regards, Niall O’Shaughnessy Deputy General Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

A group of us came down to Glasgow for Dolly Parton. Arrived at hotel earlier than check in time. We got into our rooms no bother. Staff were lovely and friendly. Rooms were clean and beds comfy. Fab hotel in a fantastic location. So close to everywhere.
Breakfast was good. Will absolutely be back here again. Xx

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank KaraCampbell
Hi Kara, Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. The next time you are visiting Glasgow please feel free to contact me direct - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com. Regards, Niall O’Shaughnessy Deputy General Manager
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I arrived late in the evening (around midnight) to check into my pre-booked room.
On arrival at reception, there appeared to be no staff around then someone appeared from a room behind reception about 3 minutes later (no apology for wait).

I was allocated room 819, and as soon as I walked into the room, the air smelt damp and musty. Air con temperature couldn't be adjusted and the room was roasting even with the window open.
When I went to use the toilet, I found that the last person to use it clearly had poor aim as there was dried urine splashed all over the seat.

The sink had stuff stuck to the ceramic as well (not sure what it was as I didn't start trying to pick it off!).

I tried to phone reception to report the issues, but there was no answer and by this time I was too tired to go back down to sort it out as I had been up since 4am that morning on various flights.

This was a reward night for being a regular customer so was free, however Jurys inn have successfuly lost any future custom from me if this is how they reward regular customers - in future I will stay elsewhere in Glasgow as this is the second time I have stayed here now with below average service.

Had I actually paid for this room, I would have been demanding my money back as it isn't really much to ask for a clean room at an £70+ a night hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Good Morning grantos3000

Firstly please accept my sincere apologies for issues you have experienced with our hotel.

Our feedback in relation to the hotel is generally excellent so I was very concerned to read your comments.

If you could please contact me directly to discuss the matter further I would appreciate it.

Kind Regards,
Niall O'Shaughnessy
Deputy General Manager
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

Very pleasant hotel. Warm and friendly staff. Our room was on the 6th floor and overlooked the river and the train. Could hear the trains at night, which didn't bother us.

Great breakfast! Would stay again.

Room Tip: If you don't like trains, then get a room that doesn't overlook tracks.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear stylezee, Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. The next time you are visiting Glasgow please feel free to contact me direct - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com. Regards, Niall O’Shaughnessy Deputy General Manager
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

Normally we opt for either Hilton or Holiday Inn but decided to try Jurys Inn. So pleased we did. The colleagues there were so professional, curteous and extremely helpful. They stopped what they were doing immediately a guest approached the reception desk and provided the necessary service. I had problems with wifi, my error not the hotel's, and the young lady sorted everything out for me on my iphone and my ipad. It appeared that nothing was more important to her than sorting my problem out.
Aside from this, the whole place is immaculate and the location is just perfect for shopping in Glasgow as it is a shopper's empire! We will go there again, without question.

Room Tip: We were facing the Central Station which I quite liked but if you prefer not to have this, then requ...
Hi Elizabeth,