“Good value, great location!”
Review of Jurys Inn Glasgow

Jurys Inn Glasgow
Ranked #33 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Stayed here for three nights whilst visiting our daughter who lives in Glasgow. Requested a quiet room and was allocated one overlooking the road rather than the railway line which suited us fine. Unfortunately the morning after we checked in the electricity went down in our room - this appears to have been an isolated incident as no other rooms were affected. The staff were very helpful and moved us to a room on a different floor but on the same side of the building and consequently we had no noise issues on any of the three nights we were in the hotel. Both rooms were extremely clean and modern with comfortable beds. Breakfast was not included in the rate we paid but there is a Wetherspoons pub almost next door which was very convenient for breakfast. We ate in the hotel restaurant the first night of our stay as the pre theatre menu suited our tastes and pockets - £10 for two courses or £12 for three. We found the food to be of good quality and extremely well presented, in fact we enjoyed it so much that we chose to eat there the following two nights! Special mention must be made to Kevin who was our server on each occasion, he was a pure delight; always bright and cheerful and eager to please. In fact the service we received from most of the hotel staff was excellent. The hotel itself is in a good location close to central station and town centre shopping, and although parking could be a bit of an issue we parked just over the river at a cost of £3 per day. We have stayed in other hotels in Glasgow and this one compared very favourably in every way. Many thanks to everyone who made our stay so pleasant - we will be back!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
niall_oshaughnessy, Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I will ensure that your kind comments are passed directly onto Kevin.
The next time you are visiting Glasgow please feel free to contact me direct - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com.

Deputy General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,755)

Reviewed April 24, 2014

The staff member was very helpful and the service overall was great will be visiting again soon ! Very polite and attended to my needs ! Thanks you very much ! And I recommend it to anyone who wants to stay in Glasgow ! Jurys inn is the best !

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Gian12345,

Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I has passed your review onto Rebecca who was delighted, thank you for your kind comments.

Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I have stayed here. Car parking like all city centre hotels is a bit of a game but there is a qpark above matalan with a reduced overnight rate of £7. Reception is swift and the staff are efficient and courteous. The rooms are well laid out with all you need. I was offered a choice of a high or low floor which was nice. A reasonable nights sleep. Some may find the railway a little noisy but it was no problem for me. Breakfast was ok but I would have liked a traditional Scottish one instead of the usual English affair. Check out was swift. All in all I will be staying again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Andyturbefield ,

Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. You will be happy to learn that we are currently reviewing our breakfast offering and will be including the option for a Scottish selection in the coming weeks.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stayed mid week for one night with my daughter. Friendly hotel, clean and staff helpful. Close to river clyde and not far to walk into the city centre and other shopping areas. St Enoch Centre literally just around the corner.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Julie,

Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here twice, both times for an overnight business trip to Glasgow. It's busy with queues of people checking in in the evenings and checking out the next morning - but the waits are not long. Breakfast is fine although the staff are busy and can keep you waiting at the door while they find someone to check your room number before letting you get on with your breakfast. The rooms are clean if a bit small - but overall it's very good value for a city centre hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear DiscerningM,

Thank you for your review.

Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed here for one night whist attending an event at the SECC. Our room was well sized and very clean. However the room we were allocated was next to the train line which was very noisy most of the time. Similar to other reviews the room also had a very noisy AC unit and the noise from next doors shower/toilet flushing made it very difficult to settle during the night.
On a plus side the hotel was very central and the breakfast was delicious.
Would possibly stay here again but would definitely request a room away from the train line.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Helen,
Thank you for your review, I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay.

We are located right in the city centre which does mean there is train and traffic noise however if you are ever returning please let me know and we will make sure you receive a quiet room - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com.

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Room 801 = LOUD

1) Trains (with all windows closed fully)
2) Air con unit/system (even when off) - almost sounds like it's resetting itself/flushing
3) Next door - bath running/toilet flushing

The gap at the bottom of the bedroom door is much bigger than it should be so light pours in at night from corridor

Local area is a little rough - not sure I'd want to arrive late at night.

Check in was friendly and quick. Hotel is clean. I've stayed here before, and had a lovely room over looking the river - definitely request that, on a high floor.

So, not the best start. Let's hope breakfast will make up for the poor night's sleep I think I might be about to have!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Justin,

Thank you for your review.
Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay. Please feel free to contact me direct if you would like to discuss the matter further - niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com.