“Great Stay”
Review of Jurys Inn Glasgow

Jurys Inn Glasgow
Ranked #33 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed overnight here as we were going to the Bon Jovi concert. Had a bit of a wait at check in but noticed that everyone seemed to be going to the concert too!
We were informed that the hotel was doing a special deal of £20 for a buffet tea at the hotel and bus to and from the concert we declined as we had already booked out tickets for the train. We were on the 3rd floor (324) which was at the end of a very long corridor. It overlooked the train station but the noise was very minimal. The room was quite small but enough for what we needed, the bathroom was lovely and clean but very cold. I know bathrooms are supposed to be cool but it was freezing even in the morning when I was in the shower.
Breakfast was lovely and there a large variety of food available. The only complaint is that maybe all the tongs to handle the food shouldn't be placed under the hot lights or on top of the hot plates I had to get a few napkins to wrap round the tongs to lift them to get food.
All in all a lovely hotel and would come back the next time I am heading to a concert.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Barry_Rowland, General Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. The next time you are coming for a concert please contact me direct and we try and make your stay even better. barry_rowland@jurysinns.com. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,758)

Reviewed July 4, 2013

My friend and i stayed one night at this hotel to go to the above concert. The hotel was first class we arrived 2 hours early at the hotel and there was no problem in checking in. We had a twin room overlooking the street,never heard a thing. The room was spotless ,the beds were so comfortab le ,had all the toiletries that you require plus hairdryer and teas and coffee. The hotel put an offer on for the concert 3 course meal, bus to concert their and back for £30, we didnt take it as we had already bought our ttrain tickets to hampden which were £2.10 return(cheap) and very well organised.
We had breakfast which was buffet style, amazing everything you needed and more, nothing was too much trouble to the staff. When we checkout we asked if we needed a taxi, . I cant thank the staff enought for a most enjoyable stay at the thotel i certainly would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: our room was 219 it faces the road and you hear nothing x
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sylvia K

Dear Guest, Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and that the team looked after you so well. If you are ever returning please contact me direct. barry_rowland@jurysinns.com. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed 2 nights here. Room and bathroom were clean and nice. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Rooms were soundproof (didn't hear the trains running at all overnight even though our room overlooked the train platforms). Restaurant was very good for both supper and breakfast. Staff were friendly. Great location to shopping district/restaurants, subway system, and train system.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TanzlyB

Dear Guest, Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and that you mentioned our restaurant as this is an area we really focus on. If you are ever returning please contact me direct. barry_rowland@jurysinns.com. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager

Reviewed July 3, 2013

The hotel has lovely staff throughout.

Breakfast is a bargain for £10 compared to other hotels. Good quality food and good choice.

Room was large, modern and well kept. Had a plug by the bed for phone chargers - something so many hotels forget.

Bathroom was a poor layout.

My room overlooked a train platform. Was less noisy than I thought it would be.

Free wifi and a safe in the room would have been nice.

Good value - I would return but only for a short stay.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest, Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found the team to be helpful and friendly. If you are ever returning please contact me direct. barry_rowland@jurysinns.com. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is a clean modern hotel. Friendly staff nice bar. A lot of people on trip advisor complained about the trains, me and my husband didn't find it a problem! Great location with a nice view over the river. We arrived early to check in and our room was ready which meant we could leave our bags and go shopping.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. If you are ever returning please contact me direct and we will have a room ready for you arriving. barry_rowland@jurysinns.com. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed here for one night. Found it to be clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very good as was the location. The staff were friendly and the bar open late. I'll stay here again next time I'm in Glasgow.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest, Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. If you are ever returning please contact me direct and we will try and make your stay even better. barry_rowland@jurysinns.com. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here for one night at the end of June. Great value. Excellent breakfast - particularly good sausages! Reception staff all very friendly and helpful. Requested a room on the roadside (counterintuitively!) to avoid any noise from the railway. Soundproofing was fine on 7th Floor and the windows could be opened/closed to suit. Very handy for main shopping areas and resteraunts and cinemas. 20 min walk to Peoples Palace on Glasgow Green. Would definitely stay here again. Have been to a few meetings here before so was strange to come for other reasons.

Room Tip: Opt for higher level on roadside
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our breakfast offering. If you are ever returning please contact me direct. barry_rowland@jurysinns.com. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager