To start the staff were fine and the breakfast buffet ok but this hotel is really let down by location.
I was staying on the 'track side' of this hotel on the 8th floor which commands a great view of the clyde, and all the trains coming into central station. Despite the hotels best efforts to insulate you from the noise this is not a place for light sleepers as the screech of brakes and clunk and clack of carriages is your lullaby.
On top of this in the morning it was an early (as in 5am) start for the other residents, the majority of which were contractors and coach parties. So there was a lot of movement and bathroom noise accompanying that. Fine if your part of the group but not great for the individual or family residents.
I realise this is a budget chain but when the 'Euro hostel' across the road at 'from 13.95GBP' is more tempting maybe they've got the wrong spot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jurys Inn Glasgow is a four star hotel ideally located within a ten minute walk of Glasgow's 3 major stations - Glasgow Central, Queen Street and Argyle Street. The hotel is an easy 3 minute train journey or 20 minute walk from the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre and The Hydro Entertainment Arena, and is an ideal place to stay when visiting Glasgow both for business and leisure. For those planning a shopping trip the hotel offers a short 3 minute walk to St Enoch shopping centre as well as easy access to a plethora of nearby restaurants and bars to unwind in after a busy day in Glasgow. Jurys Inn Glasgow features all day Costa Coffee bar and a stylish onsite bar to relax in after an eventful day in the city. You can enjoy a great selection of seasonal food and drink in our trendy restaurant which opens from 6:30am to 10:00am for breakfast and from 5:00pm to 10:00pm for dinner. Guests can also avail of 24 hour room service. If arriving by car, parking is available within a 3 minute walk of the hotel at Qpark Jamaica Street. Our comfortable bedrooms are suitable for up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. All of our 321 bedrooms have air conditioning and are furnished with large soft beds, spacious bathrooms with complimentary toiletries, a hair dryer, a flat screen TV with Freeview, tea, coffee and hot chocolate refreshment dock and Free WiFi. Guests who book direct with us can enjoy Free Premium WiFi, best price guarantee, no booking fees and also earn points and get rewards with our loyalty programme. Enjoy warm welcome, comfortable bedrooms, seasonal menus and a memorable visit to Glasgow with Jurys Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Jurys Inn Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jurys Inn Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Jurys Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Jurys Hotel
- Jurys Inn Glasgow Scotland