“6th time here but still fab! Xx”
Review of Jurys Inn Glasgow

Jurys Inn Glasgow
Ranked #31 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
West Dunbartonshire
“6th time here but still fab! Xx”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Just been here again for 6th time. Went to bar for grill meal deal via 5pm and it was 2 main courses for the grand total of £10! What a steal! I enjoyed the chargrilled swordfish steak with chunky chips and my husband had the half a grilled chicken with baked potato and corn on the cob (£2 supplement)! Brilliant value and as it was such a wet day, the hot food certainly hit the spot! With 2 large glasses of chardonnay at £6 each and 2 pints of budweisser at £3.85 it came to a total of just under £32. Not bad at all! Served by Dan and Leanne! Very nice indeed + will certainly be back for sure. Xx

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Barry_Rowland, General Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you are a regular guest in our Grill Bar and that you enjoy it so much. We have worked very hard on the concept and thankfully it has been a huge success. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and I will pass on your kind comments to the team.

Barry Rowland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I was 'welcomed' by 4 ladies at reception, none of whom looked up at me when I arrived. Eventually, after standing round for 5 minutes, a foreign lady behind the desk, who had a badge on saying she was a trainee, told me she couldn't help me but someone called Amy would check me in. I was sent over to the other end of the reception. Amy didn't greet me or, for that matter, look at me at all during the check in process, staring at her computer and barking questions at me. She never once made eye contact, which I thought was very rude and absolutely not acceptable at front of house level. You should be made to feel welcome in a hotel.

I also very specifically mentioned in my booking, and again when checking in, that I needed a quiet room. I must have been in the noisiest room in the hotel. Pipes in the bathroom were 'chugging' all night and despite the window being triple glazed, the trains pulling in and out of central station were very clearly audible and loud. This was exactly what I had anticipated before arriving, which is why i had specifically requested I had a quiet room that was not immediately next to the train lines. Very unhappy with the hotel and wouldn't stay again, which is a shame because the room was very nice and the bed was comfy.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Enchantedprincess
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am very surprised and disappointed by your comments as we always get excellent feedback regarding our team. I would be grateful if you could contact me direct to try and resolve the matter. (barry_rowland@jurysinns.com)

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Great hotel clean and in a great location we stayed here in March 23rd and couldnt fault it .
It is within walking distance of everything you need or want to do in Glasgow . Breakfast is very enjoyable and well organised, only downside is we found bar prices a bit pricey and very busy on the Saturday night with not enough staff on to deal with it , other than that well worth the money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
niall_oshaughnessy, Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this review, December 15, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

Kind Regards,
Niall O'Shaughnessy
Deputy General Manager
Jurys Inn Glasgow
niall_oshaughnessy@jurysinns.com
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed here in April on a Saturday night. Hotel, rooms, location and breakfast all good, but bar was really busy late on Saturday night with only 1 member of staff doing his best but badly need a hand. My husband tried to get help but they seem to have weird system that night porters couldn't help as 'they hadn't been trained.' We also had the misfortune to have booked through clever-hotel.com ( via trivago) so had to pay again in full as they appear to be a bunch of crooks, clever hotels not trivago, though not impressed they even appear as a booking option. Nothing to do with Jury's just another addition to a bit of a frustrating and expensive weekend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com

Barry_Rowland, General Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay overall with us. Also thank you for your constructive comments regarding the bar. We will thoroughly investigate the matter and the relevant procedures will be implemented to ensure that such incidents do not occur in the future.

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed in the newly revamped Jury's Inn recently and believe that this hotel should now be rated as a 4* hotel. Check in was efficient, staff friendly and the rooms are nicely decorated, comfortable, clean and spacious with a great view of the Clyde especially by night. Had dinner in the restaurant adjacent to the bar and it was delicious and reasonably priced for the quality of food presented. The breakfast had a great selection of fruits, breads, hot food and cereals and drinks. I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel and will definately book it again the next time I am in Glasgow.

Room Tip: Great location for shops, nightlife etc.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our hotel exceeded your expectations. Our refurbishment has been a huge success and the team are very proud of it. Please feel free to contact me direct if returning to Glasgow (barry_rowland@jurysinns.com)

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Jurys Inn Glasgows surpirsed me by the standard and quality of both the decor and food. Each area is decorated to a high spec which makes you feel like you are staying in a plush botique hotel rather than a Jurys Inn. We ate in the bar on our first night the menu is a grill theme chosing a meat and then sides and sharing platters to start which is very modern and in keeping with the contemopary feel. On our second night we ate in the restaurant which was again modern and intimate the food again was better than we expected. Our room was modern, clean and very well kept as were toilets etc. The service was excellent throught especially the bar and restaurant staff. We would recomend this hotel and will return for our next stay in Glasgow.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is also great to read your comments regarding food as it is an area we work hard on to exceed customer expectations.

Fowey, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I had another quick one-night stay - it's well located in a central spot just by the Station and the Merchant Quarter & shopping (I'm glad I didn't have to look for parking) Décor is basic and no frills, but the room was comfortable, with good views over the Clyde. Staff are friendly and helpful, and the meal service is fair - even if they do seem to cater for large parties of folk visiting Scotland for the first time.

I lay awake listening to the trains and air conditioning noises, and only learned in the morning that I could have had a much quieter night by making sure that the secondary pane of the window was well shut and snug in its groove.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I am disappointed to read that your sleep was disturbed. The triple glazing at the rear of hotel really makes a difference and hopefully you will give us another chance and experience it for yourself. If you do choose to return please contact me direct at barry_rowland@jurysinns.com