“Fantastic Ending to a Great Night”
Review of Campanile Glasgow

Campanile Glasgow
Ranked #66 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed at the Campanile Glasgow after a recommendation from a friend. I must say I was delighted. The room had a great view over the car park and we could see some of the local sights, the bridge was amazing and its colours.

We ate at the restaurant and were served by William who had a laugh with us and could do no more for us during the meal, offering coffee's, desserts, side orders, starters but not in an "in your face" approach. He made the meal enjoyable even getting a candle when we requested one as a joke lol. Thanks William.

We then made our way to the bar and were served by Steven who was also good, smiley and well mannered.

We went to the boxing match and returned for some drinks with Brian in the bar who once again gave us service with a smile, nothing was too hard.

Me and my wife had a great time in the hotel, there were 2 things we didn’t enjoy but in the wider scheme of things these were minor.

Our check in process with Andrew seemed forced and almost like we were inconveniencing him by being there and the other small thing was my wife asked a French man for some ice and an extra towel and he never acknowledged her and kept walking away. So we never did get that ice or towel.

I would stay at the hotel again and would tell my friends about you. Thank you for a great night.

Room Tip: Higher floors (4th) looks over the Clyde if you get an even number.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_Campanile, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear Michael H

Thanks for your recent comments after staying with us. I am over the moon to hear that on the whole you were delighted with your stay, and enjoyed all the facilities and services that we had on offer. I will pass on your comments to the team, they will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, especially William and Steven who is a new member of the team and fitting in brilliantly.

I must address the areas that were a disappointment to you, namely the check in and request for extra linen/ice. I do apologise that you felt these two areas were a let down, it most certainly is not the norm. In fact both Andrew and Guillaume generally offer the same service as William and Steven, I do not know what happened on this occasion but will certainly raise this issue with them. We try to adopt the ‘positive moment of truth’ concept, whereby the team try at every guest interaction to make this a positive experience, but it would seem that some of the team require more attention in this area than others which we will work on.

I am pleased to hear that you will be recommending us to your friends and will look out for them when they come to stay with us.

In the meantime, please do contact us directly when next coming to stay with us and we will ensure you are offered the best rates going.

Best wishes.
Deputy General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,186)

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Only stayed one night and slept for 6 hours so didn't see much of the hotel but it was very comfortable. Good beds and very clean. Pay your money and take your choice. Convenient for what we needed and would recomend for short stays.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Manager_Campanile, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Ecunyng

Thank you for your recent review posted on TripAdvisor. Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your brief stay with us, and if we can be of assistance to you in the future please do not hesistate to contact me directly, where I can assure you the best rates will prevail.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed two nights on business trip. Handily close to the SECC. Slightly scruffy throughout. Problems with restaurant Saturday evening with one waitress and a manager doubling as the barman unable to cope with six tables occupied. Gave up and went elsewhere after waiting ten minutes to be seated and after no one approached the table after another five. Apologies from staff but seemingly rushed off their feet - told me unexpectedly busy. Breakfast at 7.30am was much worse with huge queues to be seated and huge queues in the restaurant for hot and cold self service food which was being snatched up as fast as the one waitress and one manager could organise to bring it out from the kitchen and attempt to clear the tables. Eventually managed to grab a roll and some cheese and ham in the fight for any food available.
For £95 a night it has to be better and the management need to sort out their staffing levels which far from being an unusual occurence were prevalent throughout my stay.
I stayed here because of it 's proximity to the SECC but I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Manager_Campanile, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear DocM

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you encountered a somewhat inefficient service during your stay with us. We rostered sufficient staff cover to deal with the business that we originally had booked with us, but we subsequently increased this business last minute to assist a local hotel that required assistance with a group booking, this placed a great deal more pressure on the staff that were working during this period, they tried to cope the best that they could, which obviously impinged on the service you received, or didn’t in this case for which I am truly sorry, as it shouldn’t have. The demand from the additional group placed a great deal of pressure on us from both a food & service perspective, and as fast as we were preparing fresh hot food for breakfast, it was being taken.

I do thank you for bringing this matter to my attention, we have learned lessons from this time and have now put in measures to ensure that should we be faced with such an occasion in the future we are better prepared to address it. I should like to encourage you to stay with us again and to give us another chance to prove to you that this incident was indeed a one off and not indicative of our normal service standards, which are well documented by the previous reviews on TripAdvisor. I would be delighted if you would contact me directly and I would ensure you are suitably taken care of.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed here on a Saturday night and were very impressed with the standard of service and the quality of the hotel overall. The rooms are nice and modern and the showers are really powerful. Breakfast was included and was just your usual self-service buffet. The staff throughout are very friendly and approachable, and the free wifi is an added bonus. The hotel is in a great location for both the SECC and the city centre, you can walk to sauchiehall street in about 15 minutes.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear ForYourEntertainment

Thanks for your recent review on TripAdvisor. Glad to hear that you were impressed with our service and overall facilities and I will pass on your favourable comments to the team with regards to their friendly and approachable manner, as I know such comments drive them and keep their focus on the reason why we are here.

If we can be of assistance to you in the future please do not hesistate to contact us directly, and I will certainly offer you the best rates going.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Budget hotel close to the exhibition centre in Glasgow. Convenient if you are visiting a conference in the SECC. Did not test the breakfast or diner options. The room was clean and nice. The stuff was friendly and helpful.

+ Clean.
+ Close to exhibition centre.
+ Friendly stuff.

- Far away from city centre.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Manager_Campanile, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear Ephyraa

Thanks for your recent comment. Delighted to hear that all went well with your stay and that you appreciated our closeness to the SECC. We are finding that as more and more customers get to hear how close we actually are situated to the SECC and the to be opened Scottish Hydro Arena next year, just a 2 minute walk, coupled with the great value for money that we offer, we are getting busier and busier. Glad to hear that you experienced our clean enviornment and friendly and helpful staff, and if we can be of assistance to you again in the future please do not hesistate to contact us direcly for the best room rates going.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Had a one night stay here and was very pleased with our choice. The hotel is in a good location, 20 min walk to the centre of town, 20 min walk to Ibrox, easy to get to from motorway and with free parking. The rooms are nice and clean and the beds very comfy, we were not troubled by any noise and had a good nights sleep. Small thing, would have like an additional small towel but not really a problem for one night. The staff were extremely helpful and very friendly. Will definitely stay here again when we're next in Glasgow.

Room Tip: We stayed on third floor, and didn't have any problems
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_Campanile, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Dear Linda62bolton

Thanks for your recent review. Delighted to hear that you were pleased with your choice of hotel and managed to get a good nights sleep. I take onboard your comment with regard to an additional small towel. We reduced our bathroom linen provision earlier this year, in line with doing our bit for the environment, but we decided to keep a small supply of hand towels at reception should guests specifically request these items, so please do remember this next time you stay with us, alternatively contact us in advance and we would be happy to ensure that you have this in your room for when you arrive.

Please do let us know if we can be of further assistance to you in the future.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

got a bargain with this one, stopped 27th July.bed and breakfast through booking .com for twin room, £35. good breakfast, beds a bit soft but that's a personal choice I thing, no complaints .....................

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_Campanile, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Dear Jac33

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you felt you picked up a bargain with us and went on to enjoy your stay, I like you love a bargain! We always endeavour to offer the best possible rates whenever we can. We realise that people have differing budgets and a huge market to choose from so try to keep our prices as competitive as possible for the market that we operate in.

Please do contact us directly when next in the Glasgow area and looking for accommodation, I will always ensure you get our best rate going.