“Duran Duran Concert”

Ranked #61 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Duran Duran Concert”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

stayed in campanile twice last year, done shopping also to see duran duran, hotel clean and tidy,staff wecloming and family.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Manager_Campanile, Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this review, July 29, 2016
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Campanile Glasgow.

Best Regards

James McDaid
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 25, 2011

stayed here as we were going to the secc on arrival at the hotel we were given room 5 when we went into the room it was freezing cold not a warm welcome at all as it was snowing out side and we were booked in the room should have been warm the room it self was clean had a really good night sleep but it was the maid who spolt the stay coming into the room at 8 .30 then knocking every half hour apart from these two things is would have been a lovely break

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GILLGREENALL
Manager_Campanile, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this review, January 1, 2012
Dear Gillgreenall

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with and for clarifying the date upon which you stayed. The 6th December was indeed when we had experienced a particularly cold snap of weather with heavy snow falls, and whilst for economical reasons our rooms are key activated meaning that the heating will kick in once the room is occupied, it did take longer than normal to warm up due to the freezing outside conditions. I am glad that you found the room to your satisfaction though. I am looking into the matter of the housekeeping staff disturbing you, but would be grateful if you could provide me with further information as my housekeeping team do not start work until 0915 when they are issued with their daily tasks. My Housekeeping team will not disturb anyone that displays the ‘do not disturb’ sign on the external door handle, and check with reception for guests departing in order to clean vacant rooms as quickly as possible, but I do apologise if this was not the case and for any inconvenience that this may have caused and will reiterate the procedures that we have in place to the whole team, in order to prevent such an incident from happening again.

Please do contact me personally when you next come to stay with us and I will ensure that your stay is enjoyed without incident?

Carnoustie, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2011

The room we were given was a disabled room and looked nice, but was freezing, heater did not work properly and no heater in the very large bathroom. The toilet also leaked and the water sat in the middle of the tiled floor. The staff were helpful and moved us to another room, which was much warmer, however if we had required a room suitable for someone with a disability this would not have been possible.

Room Tip: If you are given a disabled room - check it out before you unpack!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shirley G
Manager_Campanile, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this review, December 21, 2011
Dear Shirley G

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am so sorry in the first instance that you were allocated an easy access room without asking for this. Our policy is to release these rooms last of all unless otherwise requested. And whilst these rooms are larger all round, they are equipped with a large en-suite, which is completely tiled and big enough to accommodate the turning point of a wheelchair. I do apologise that you encountered a few issues with the heating/defects and the inconvenience that this caused you, and glad to hear that my staff sorted the room change as soon as they possibly could. I do have my maintenance team working through this notoriously quiet period to fix all defects that have been logged, and pleased to see that they are making great progress.

If we can be of assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me personally and I will ensure that you are allocated a completely functional room, manager.glasgow@campanile.com

scotland
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Stayed overnight check in was quick staff helpful and free car park. stayed in a twin room which was very clean had tv hairdryer tea coffee making facility and bath with shower. Beds were comfy but a bit soft if you are used to a firm mattress. Buffet breakfast was served between 8 & 11 with a choice of continental or full English at an additional cost. Breakfast was good and hearty with plenty to choose from and eat as much as you like. Location is excellent and only a 5 minute walk to the SECC. All in all good quality hotel that is reasonably priced

• Stayed December 2011
Dear FoggyScotland

Thanks for your review of our hotel. I am delighted to hear so many positive points and that we satisfied your needs on this occasion, and if we can be of assistance to you at anytime in the future, when you are next in the Glasgow area and looking for accommodation, please be sure to drop us a line, we would be delighted to welcome you back and take care of you.

England
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on business for two nights. Whilst the room was fine and very warm and cosy, the bathroom was not cleaned brilliantly every night. Also, the service in the restaurant for both dinner and breakfast was very poor. I was forgotten about after being shown to a table for about 30 minutes before I made a bit of a fuss to get served - not really good enough to be honest.

I would stay here again, but only if other places were sold out.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear PhilGlew

Thank you for your comments relating to your recent stay with us. I do apologise if you feel that your bathroom was not serviced to our usual high standard. The cleanliness of our hotel is paramount and something that our guests normally comment on quite highly. We pride ourselves in keeping a spotlessly clean hotel, as best we can. I have passed your comments on to my Head Housekeeper and, whilst she personally checks all rooms once they have been cleaned will ensure that extra focus is placed specifically in the bathroom to monitor the standards.

I am mortified with regards to your comments about the service that you received in our restaurant, as this is not the normal way we go about our business, as you will see from previous TripAdvisor comments. Generally we receive positive remarks about our staff, but not on this occasion and I am really sorry about this. I have identified staff members that were working during this period and will be taking the appropriate action though our company procedures, as we have SOP’s that detail every aspect of our F&B service, which quite clearly did not happen on this day.

PhilGrew, I should like to restore your faith in us, and ask that you give us another try, as what you experienced during your stay in our restaurant is not normal practice. Whilst we try everyday to get things right, sometimes we get it wrong, and it would appear on this occasion we completely lost our focus for whatever reason, and I would encourage you to contact me personally in order for me to put right the negative aspects of your last stay, manager.glasgow@campanile.com

Aviemore, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Good friendly small hotel with dog friendly policy

Room Tip: All rooms good
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Manager_Campanile, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this review, December 13, 2011
Dear Janetharris

Thanks for your recent comments with regards to our dog friendly hotel. We certainly do enjoy the company of well behaved dogs, and have several regulars, ‘coco’ & ‘sammie’ to name but a few. So if we can be of assistance to you in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Spent the night at Campanile 6th December and was totally satisfied with our room and the service provided. Staff on reception desk were friendly and welcoming..much nicer than the Glasgow weather. Room was clean and comfortable but got a bit cold through the night though. TV. hair dryer , free WiFi and the shower was a blessing after a day out shopping. Will certainly return when travelling in the area again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Manager_Campanile, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this review, December 10, 2011
Dear CindyB,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay with us. It warms me to read your great review and how satisfied you were with your stay. We certainly need warming up with the recent bout of wintry, windy weather that we have experiencing of late here in Glasgow!

I hope you had a successful shopping trip and picked up a few bargains along the way, Glasgow certainly has a splendid array of shops, and the great thing is they are all within easy walking distance of the hotel.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.