“Glasgow overnight stay.”

Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland
Ranked #21 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed March 7, 2014

As we were visiting our daughter for a birthday celebration on the Saturday we needed an overnight hotel. We would usually stay with her but at the moment I am waiting on a hip replacement operation and cannot manage the three flights of stairs to her flat!!!
As we were travelling by bus we needed a hotel near Buchanan Street bus station. Perfect!
Reading other reviews I am surprised to see that our experience has been the opposite of others. For example, we seemed to have a corner room just opposite the cinema, also if I'm not mistaken was just above the main restaurant entrance (1st floor). Our room was just beside the lift which was a bonus. We didn't have any problems with noise (maybe we were just lucky). The room, although not large was well appointed and immaculately clean.
There was a slight glitch when we arrived with our time pre-booked for dinner , but it was sorted very quickly. We were there the evening of valentines night, coincidentally and had an excellent evening meal also lovely breakfast the next morning.(The fire alarm was our early morning call!!) And within 20 minutes there was a note of apology for the inconvenience under the door.
I personally would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and would certainly use it again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
AlanTaylor161, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Lynda,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend us to others.

Thank you again for taking the time to review the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Alan Taylor

Write a ReviewReviews (1,099)

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Very Good location .
Excellent hotel
But then Noisy: you can hear people talking from other room if they are occupied and once they sleep off then you can hear the shoutings from the road .Note that was a Saturday Night .

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
AlanTaylor161, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for leaving a review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.

I am sorry about the noise. Glasgow is very busy city especially on the weekend. We have lots of rooms at the back of the hotel so if you are staying again just request one when you make your reservation and we will try our best to allocate you one.

Once again thanks for the review and I hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stayed for a weekend away with my husband, location great but worst bed ever slept in, very noisy so very bad sleep both nights, posters on 2nd floor clearly for back of house rather than for guests to see as knowing that a package us more profitable for a hotel isn't the best selling point for a customer. Stuart in restaurant and bar is an absolute shinning star for the hotel superb service from him just a shame about the rest of the hotel

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for leaving a review.
I am sorry that you did not find the bed comfortable. All our beds are less than 5 years old and are turned every 3 months. We also have a micro fibre matress topper on each bed to maximise the comfort of our guests. If you had advised us that you did not find the bed comfortable we would happily moved you to an alternative room. As we are located in the heart of Glasgow’s city centre there can on occasions such as weekends be street noise. I am sorry if you were disturbed.
I have a great team at the hotel who take a great deal of pride in looking after our customers. I will pass on your comments to Stuart.
Once again thank you for the review and I do hope you stay in the hotel in the future

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Very good room and amazingly quiet for a city centre hotel. Was in a room at the back. Bathroom and bath quite small. Wifi was better than most Holiday Inns. The seating in the bar area is a bit limited but the service was very good.
Location is great with lots of eating options close by. Parking in multi storey opposite cheaper than most city centre hotels. Get reception to validate ticket. I was £4.30 overnight.
A good choice in Glasgow but book early for a sensible price.

Room Tip: Get your parking ticket validated at reception for the multi-story car park opposite for sensibly pr...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
AlanTaylor161, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your recent review entitled great location.

I was delighted to read that you found us good value for money. We continually invest in our Wi-Fi to make sure we keep up to speed.

Thank you again for taking the time to review the hotel.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

My friend and I stayed here for a night of celebration. Twin room was cosy and beds were very comfy. bathroom was impressive and all the mod cons. breakfast was amazing and quick friendly service from waitress. Only negative I can say is hardly slept due to noise levels outside between revellers and police cars but all in all id recommend hotel and would stay again for the price.

Room Tip: stay clear of front rooms due to noise!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel.

Unfortunately we cannot escape the city centre noise, we do have rooms at the back of the hotel that would be quitter for you. All our windows are double glazed and should cut out most of the outside noise.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you would use us again.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Great hotel, lovely staff. Brilliant bed and the temperature of the room was perfect. Central location made the shopping trips easy. Local to great Indian restaurants. all in all couldn't fault this hotel. We will certainly be returning.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you would certainly use us again.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Started off badly and didn't get much better. Was met by a grumpy workman who had the main entrance blocked off doing repairs. Was told. "use the side entrance" after wandering right round the hotel I met a nice guy putting some rubbish out who took me to a restaurant entrance which turned out to be the side entrance. Unless you knew the place you wouldn't have any idea! Checked in ok but no details of anything given and pointed out the lift. You have to put your card in to make it work. This wasn't explained and there is no sign on you just have to work it out!
Room was ok but massively overdone the mirrors there everywhere! I do hate though hotel rooms with dingy lighting and no central light. The bathroom also had a musty damp smell.
I went out for a meal and came back to the hotel 10.30 ish. The bar only had about 5 people in but the service was agonisingly slow. The bar man was taken up making a coffee but he didn't even acknowledge me for some time. To cap it all they started vacuuming at about 11.45. Didn't exactly make me feel wanted so I and all the others in the bar left.
Breakfast was ok, nothing special basic buffet but I have eaten warmer food.
When I checked out no mention was made of the car parking, if you get your ticket validated on leaving apparently you save a considerable amount on the car park opposite. I only found this out when talking to a colleague on my return.
They advertise this as a boutique hotel. It certainly isn't. Too many little things get missed and fall short. Staff could do a lot more.
The location is really the only thing I could give anything other than 3 stars for. Its brilliantly centrally located.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your review of the hotel.

Unfortunately when you arrived we had an outside contractor repairing our front doors. I am very sorry if they were not polite and explain where the alternative entrance was. Although they are not hotel members of staff when they are working in this hotel they should have the same high standards of customer service that the hotel staff employ.

Both our lifts are card operated for security purposes and our receptionist would always mention this during check in. There are also signs in both lifts telling guests how to use the card reader.

The bedrooms have 2 side lights and a lamp on the desk. There is also a main light at the entrance of the room.

I was sorry to read that overall you didn’t enjoy your stay. As you can see on this site, we are usually highly rated for service and product.

I hope if you are returning to Glasgow again you will choose to stay at the hotel so we welcome you back.