“Great staff - Good location”

Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland
Ranked #23 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Great staff - Good location”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a great hotel when staying in Glasgow for Business,

Trains and Buses within walking distance.

Good restaurant and staff are so helpful.

Breakfast times means you can eat and still be in Office for 7.30

Try and avoid rooms at front - a little too noisy

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MartinL133
Alan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Martin,

Thank you for your recent review entitled “great staff – good location.”

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Alan Taylor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was recently staying there with a bunch of pals,3 rooms altogether, as one of them was celebrating her birthday. I must say the rooms were very clean and modern looking, quite cosy too. Fantastic shower in the room- spent shamefully long time in there in the morning, just to enjoy it, and even though in city centre, noise was well isolated, heating and airco in great working order but the best feature were definitely beds- I have not had slept on such a comfy mattress before- please tell me what type of mattress are you using??? I am going to get myself one like the one we had in the room (third floor).
In summary our stay was very enjoyable and definitely will be staying there again when in the city next time. I would recommend to any traveller.
Low rating on the swimming pool and fitness centre purely because we have not used it, so cannot comment.

Emily McKendrick

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank EmilyM814
Alan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Emily,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel. I was delighted to read that you and your friends enjoyed your time here and found the rooms clean and modern. We replace our mattresses on a regular basis and I was delighted to read that you found them so comfy! If you would like to know the make and supplier, we would be happy to give you this, please contact Carol Dove our executive housekeeper on 0141 331 6801.

Unfortunately you are mistaken as we don’t have any leisure facilities at the hotel.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Castle Douglas, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Got a good rate for a bank holiday Sunday, just £56 for the room. Breakfast not included. Room a bit small but very clean and functional. Dined in the in house restaurant which was well priced and very decent food. Waitress service was excellent. The evening barman was a bit of a grumpy sod but I have seen worse. Breakfast £9 was good enough. Location is good, right in the centre of town and plenty to do within walking distance. Overall, good value for money and recommended.

Dear James,

Thank you for your recent review.

It was great to read that you found us good value for money and that you would recommend us to others.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2013

the hotel is situated within 5-10 walking time of the shops, Central Station and pubs, the staff were very polite and helpful. our room was clean and had everything we needed, including an iron and ironing board (handy when your clothes have been badly packed in a sports bag).

the room was quiet and the bed was comfy.

Breakfast was a help yourself buffet, with plenty of choice (cooked, fruit, cereal etc),

i dont know if i will go back to Glasgow, but if I did I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Alan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Dave,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you would stay again. It was great to read that you found the room nice and quiet and the bed comfy.

We look forward to welcoming you back if you should choose to return to Glasgow.

Scotland
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed here with a group of friends. The rates for the rooms were very good and I had not expected much in the way of comfort! I was pleasantly surprised.

The hotel is very clean and tidy and all the staff were very friendly and efficient. I found the hotel to be very fresh yet maintaining a character feel. I find another reviewers suggestion it is tired somewhat surprising. This is untrue.

The hotel is well placed for exploring central Glasgow. There is a degree of noise from outside but no more than to be expected.

The rooms are small but clean and well appointed.

The hotel offers great value for money and I would return here.

2 Thank trvlr15
Alan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel.

I was delighted to read that you found the hotel s location preferable and you felt that you had good value for money. Thank you for your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Have just returned from an over night stay at holiday Inn theatre land, we booked a penthouse suite as we were receiving a good discount through our priority card and thought we would give it a try. The location of the suite was good it was very quiet as it was on the top floor, on entering the room we were very disappointed to find that the carpet in the bedroom was threadbare also a lot of the furniture was badly chipped the room also had a strong smell of paint, not the standard we would have expected in a suite!..we would certainly not have accepted this penthouse suite in the condition it is in at the moment if i had been paying the full price...We have stayed in the hotel on several occasions and have usually stayed in a double executive room which has always been first class. On checking out we left a questioner and note with Shona at reception who said we pass it on to the manager. We have always enjoyed our stay at this hotel thanks to the very friendly and helpfully staff especially Shona on reception , this experience has not put us of returning to hotel but would not be booking a suite..

• Stayed March 2013
Alan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Glasgow Theatreland.

We are currently in the process of refurbishing our penthouse suites. They have recently been painted and the carpets will be getting replaced shortly.

I was pleased to read that you have stayed with us in the past and plan to return in the future. I will certainly pass your comments onto the staff. I know that Shona will be delighted with your feedback.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Manchester, England
Reviewed March 27, 2013

On previous visits to Glasgow I've stayed in the Jurys Inn (shabby area of the city, noisy due to proximity to the station) and and the Holiday Inn Express by Glasgow Green (shabby area aside from the Green) so this time I thought I'd have a change.

First impressions weren't great. As I walked from the station (not far - maybe 5 minutes, but uphill) I passed some scruffy shops and a building being demolished, and found the Holiday Inn was on a busy-looking corner and directly opposite a large multiplex cinema. Once inside the hotel everything was clean but it did look a little old fashioned, and this continued throughout the building and into my room.

The room was very small but had a comfortable double bed (I slept well throughout my stay), a tiny bathroom with bath and shower, and a wardrobe in the corner with a flat TV on the top. A trouser press and ironing board was fastened to the wall, three large burns from the iron on the carpet from a previous visitor. My window looked across the entrance to the cinema but it was surprisingly quiet, the traffic seeming to disappear as the evening went on, although I suspect it would be noisier at the weekend. According to the information on the TV the hotel had free wifi in the rooms via the Cloud, but I couldn't connect to this.

Breakfast was served in the ground floor restaurant ("La Bonne Auberge") and was the usual buffet arrangement with a good selection. It was small but I had no problem getting a table. Once outside the hotel the city centre is only a minute or so away to your right, Queen Street and Central stations an easy stroll away, as is Buchanan Street subway station. The bus station is also just over the road from the hotel.

Would I stay again? Yes - it would probably be my first choice. Hopefully though the hotel will be refurbished in the near future though as it is looking a little tired.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel.

I was disappointed to read that you found the hotel tired. We have recently spent a lot of money refurbishing our bathrooms and we have an onsite painter and decorator who regularly paints the rooms to keep them fresh and up to date.

I was glad to read that you found the room comfortable and quiet and that we would be your first choice for returning to Glasgow. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.