My husband & I stayed for 2 weeks at the Holiday Inn in Glasgow at West Nile Street. When we arrived the receptionist said ' Oh you are here for 2 weeks". The room we were given had no place to place our clothes, and only room for 4 hangers to hang our clothes. Only 2 small drawers at one side of the bed was available. I called down and asked for another room. A young lady called back later and said " Well you are all paid up, so you need to take this up with Expedia". I replied, so are you saying since I paid in advance, you don't care about helping us? She confirmed we need to take it up with Expedia.
Later I went to the front desk and talked to Daniel and told him I was not happy with the room , or the comments from the young lady. He apologized and asked if we could wait 2 days and he would give us another room. The first room was fine for an overnight stay but not for an extended stay. Daniel was very helpful to us throughout our stay. I think customer service training would help some of the staff as telling me to take my issue up with Expedia was not the right answer. The cleaning staff, and the dining staff were very pleasant to us. I am from Scotland initially but have lived in the USA for 38 years. My point in writing this review mainly is to not have travelers have an unpleasant experience after traveling so far and want them to come away with a positive impression of the people of Glasgow.
Overall the experience was a good one and I learned a lesson that to be sure that I ask the travel agency to ensure the room is sufficient. The other issue is that when the Hotel is booking a room it would be obvious that someone staying for 2 weeks would need sufficient places to hang and place their clothes.
Hope this helps,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly refurbished Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland is ideally located in heart of the city's Theatreland district located in the heart of the city centre. The hotel is a perfect base from which to explore the many tourist attractions of central Scotland or enjoy the shopping in Glasgow which has some of the best selction of shops in Europe. The hotel benefits from a central location close to the M8 motorway and within walking distance of both Glasgow's rail and bus stations. All rooms have been completely refurbished in 2015. All rooms have modern individually controlled air con, 40 inch flat screen TV's with the full BT Sports package. The hotel has an award winning brasserie La Bonne Auberge that has been awarded an AA Rosette every year since 1997. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland Scotland