“Very friendly and accommodating staff”

Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland
Ranked #21 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
dublin
“Very friendly and accommodating staff”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Just back from a trip to Celtic Connections in Glasgow and had a fantastic time there. What really made it was the people and particular the staff at the Holiday Inn. We weren't even staying there but friends of ours were so we were so we hung out with them for a few hours two days in a row. We were catching a flight back from Prestwick Airport the second evening and reception even printed off the train times for us. We were met with politeness, courtesy and friendliness all of the way by Emily and all of the staff there. I'm afraid I can't vouch for the accommodation but one of our friends had rented a penthouse to propose to his girlfriend and do the whole champagne thingy - we heard it was great. Thanks for making us welcome. We're back again in 2 weeks and we'll pop in to say hello.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Alan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. During Celtic Connections there is a great atmosphere in our public areas with a late licence for public until 4am.

Alan Taylor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
stockton
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Hotel location is great, within easy walking distance of the train station, shops and restaurants. Rooms very comfortable and clean. Service and food good, we ate in the restaurant for breakfast and also an evening meal. Great stay will definitely return. :-)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank karen-stockton
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found it to be a great stay.

Troon
Reviewed January 12, 2013

WE booked the holiday inn on a special offer as we were visiting the theatre in Glasgow. Went to the hotel early before check in time to see if we could leave our cases. We were not only told that a room was ready but we were being upgraded to an executive room. I had not expected this as we were on a very good rate. Room was excellent. The hotel is very convenient for shopping and the theatre. The only downside to the stay was that the breakfast items were only warm not hot at the self serve buffet. Otherwise a very good stay and I found the reception staff to be very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found it to be great value.

Airdrie, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Location of the hotel is ideal. Very close to bus and train stations. Concert Hall and cinema are just cross the street. Had a dinner and breakfast in La Bonne Auberge restaurant and it was amazing. Staff are very nice and friendly. Would definitely recommend if you are looking for a hotel in Glasgow city centre.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Alan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Chris,

I was delighted te read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found the staff to be nice and friendly.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed here for one night as was meeting a friend before catching a flight from Glasgow the next day. I didn't arrive at the hotel until around 8pm and the staff on duty at reception were not the most friendly I have come across! It took a while for them to find my booking but they did explain why so fair enough.
The hotel lobby and bar area looks lovely but when you go up into the hotel rooms they are very dated and shabby! The drawers are falling off and the bed side table is all scratched. I had a shower on arrival and it was freezing! My room had a view of an alleyway so not great and was right next to the lift so could hear people coming and going all night!
I didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on food. Left very early the next day as sleep was so disturbed by people coming back in the early hours. I got a good deal on the hotel but regardless of that I wouldn't stay again as there are much nicer hotels in the city for the same price!

• Stayed January 2013
Alan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your recent review. I was surprised to read some of your comments.Our front desk staff are usually highly praised for their friendliness and willing to help. We constantly monitor all our bedrooms and would certainly not sell a bedroom with drawers falling off. We also have had no reports of any hot water issues. I am sorry that you didn’t have the great customer experience that 99 percent of our guests receive.

I do hope that this wouldn’t put you off returning to the hotel and if you are ever returning, please contact myself direct so I can ensure you have a fantastic stay.

Isle of Wight
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed for one night as a stop over between Christmas and the New Year at this hotel and found it clean and comfortable. The lounge area is not extensive and can be a little crowded, but the location of the hotel is ideal for those wanting to be fairly central for the city's many attractions and who plan to be out and about most of the time. Breakfast was very adequate with a good selection of cooked and continental style food available, but we were disappointed with our evening meal which, though presented very well, was a set menu and came in rather modest proportions.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Francis,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel. It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay. I was surprised to read that you thought the portion size was modest and have passed your comments to our chef.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

london
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night just before Christmas on a very special £20.12 promotional rate available to Priority Club members. The stay was worth the price I paid, but not much more (the regular rate is more like £65). As others have said the room decor is now very dated, and the dark wood surfaces shabby. The TV on top of the wardrobe is a very odd design feature, and I wonder who uses the trouser press anymore? The bathroom has been refurbished to a high quality, but is tiny.

Asked for a quiet room at the back, but was still woken at 6am by the bins being emptied. Woken again at 8am by housekeeping knocking once and barging straight in - stopped only by the doorchain. Then heard them do the same next door - rudely surprising another guest. If the reservation is only 1 night why do housekeeping even need to come in? I can only assume they don't know who is staying and who is leaving. I complained to reception who told me this was the first time they'd heard of it. Wasn't given a wif-fi log-in for the free hour, so had it sent up to the room, but the signal was so weak I had to use my phone connection instead. Next time I'm in Glasgow I'm trying the brand new Premier Inn next door for £19.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Alan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Joe,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel. I was sorry to read you didn’t enjoy your stay at our fantastic promotional rate of £20.12, which we thought was excellent value for money. All of our rooms have a trouser press and ironing board that are frequently used by our guests. As you said we have recently re furbished our bathrooms.

Again I am sorry you didn’t enjoy your time here at the hotel and thank you for leaving your feedback.