My husband and I stayed 2 nights in this hotel in between Xmas and New Year. The location of the hotel was excellent, really central but not right in the middle of the city. The receptionist was friendly and the entrance to the hotel was lovely (though we did walk right past it and towards the HI Express which is right next door- very confusing!) but the room itself was pretty disappointing. It was quite small which meant even moving to the other side of the bed was tricky, the decor was aged and depressing and of very dark wood which made the room look even smaller. The room was also quite cold and draughty- the window was single glazed which meant that the wind whistled into the room. It was also very very noisy, which is clearly always going to be the case in a hotel near the main road, but surely another reason to invest in decent glazing? The bathroom was really small but spotless and the breakfast was nice but very expensive. All in all, this wasn't a terrible experience and you could say we got what we paid for, but investing a bit in upgrading some of the basics like double glazing and bright decor would make this a much better option for many.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly refurbished Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland is ideally located in heart of the city's Theatreland district located in the heart of the city centre. The hotel is a perfect base from which to explore the many tourist attractions of central Scotland or enjoy the shopping in Glasgow which has some of the best selction of shops in Europe. The hotel benefits from a central location close to the M8 motorway and within walking distance of both Glasgow's rail and bus stations. All rooms have been completely refurbished in 2015. All rooms have modern individually controlled air con, 40 inch flat screen TV's with the full BT Sports package. The hotel has an award winning brasserie La Bonne Auberge that has been awarded an AA Rosette every year since 1997. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland Scotland