“Good hotel when on a business trip to Glasgow” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland

Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland
Ranked #24 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
London, United Kingdom
“Good hotel when on a business trip to Glasgow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I regularly stay at this hotel when in Glasgow for business purposes. It is centrally located and very near the main bus terminal, so easy to get to and from the Airport.

Standard rooms are not large, but there is enough space to work of an evening and wifi is complimentary. The main attractions for me are the excelllent restaurant and the courteous, friendly staff.

A couple sharing a standard room might find it cosy, with limited room for relaxing, but the beds are extremely comfortable and the bathrooms are bright and spotlessly clean.

Room Tip: There can be noise disturbance if you are on the lower floors, facing the main road and so a room on...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Alan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel.

I was delighted to read that you regularly enjoy staying at the hotel and comment that the staff are courteous and friendly.

We do have some larger executive rooms that you can upgrade to for an extra cost at check-in.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Alan Taylor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Crawley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed here for 2 days, good value and very handy for the city. Not much of a view from our room-brick wall of the building next door! But for the price it had all we wanted for a few days. Breakfast was self service, not a very good choice but enough.Room clean,tidy and the bed was comfortable. The staff were very good and knowledgeable about the city.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mike,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel.

We do have rooms facing the front of the hotel that might have been better suited to your needs. Our breakfast buffet has many different options. The full hot breakfast that has 7 hot options and a continental selection from cold meats, cheeses, yogurts, fruits, breads and preserves. We also have cooked to order selection included in the price including kippers, pancakes, porridge and a variety of eggs.

I was happy to see you found the room clean and tidy and the staff good and knowledgeable.

Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

We stayed during a shopping trip to the city and booked an exec room.
On arrival we were upgraded to a suite which was very nice and we enjoyed a nice meal in the restaurant followed by a comfortable evening watching tv in the room.

The location is spot on for the shopping in Buchanan street and we were able to pop back twice depositing bags and having a quick glass of wine to recharge the batteries.
Park opposite and the hotel has a discount agreement and it is a quick walk over the street.

All in all good hotel in a great location

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Craig,

Thank you for you recent review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and also had the full La Bonne Auberge experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed one night in this hotel.
The room is a very good, it has what I need for a business trip.
Bed is Ok, and it has a very good bathroom.
Staff is helpfull.
Don't have parking, and I stayed in the first floor, right next to the breakfast room, so, a lot of noise early morning.
But the hotel filled my expectations.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Pedro C
DanielSBell, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Pedro,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and found us good value for your business trip.

Whitley Bay
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Well located just off the top of the Style Mile and less than a ten minute walk from the central station this is a good hotel if you want the shops and the Theatre.

My room was decent, if a bit chilly because of a window that seemed to be fixed open. It was also noisy as result (the bus station is over the road and heavy goods deliveries to the shops must come in very early in the morning because it got busy around 5am). The only request I'd made to the hotel was for a quiet room so I was a little upset.

Bathroom was cramped, and there was a strong smell of damp that I couldn't source.

The bed was comfortable and the pillow chioce is a nice touch.

Other than that the hotel was clean and the staff were helpful, but these are expectations not commendations so on the whole it's an average. I would mark the staff as good, but there isn't an option so it's average for them too.

Room Tip: Those seeking peace should avoid outer rooms and make sure you are away from stairwells.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Karl_Ward
Dear Karl,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our central location. I'm sorry that we didn’t manage to honour your request for a back facing room and should you ever be returning please contact myself direct so I can ensure you have a wonderful visit.

Southampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I require a special diet and the head chef Gerry Sharkey could not have been more accomodating.
He persoanlly went through the menu with me and tailored it to suit my needs for breakfast , lunch and dinner.
Really enjoyed my stay thanks to the efforts of the kitchen as sometimes meals can be problematic for me when i travel.
Top service - thank you!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Douglas J
DanielSBell, General Manager at Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear Douglas,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay here and found the catering to be excellent and tailored to your needs.

Gerry was also delighted when he read your review.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I checked in mid-day. I am a Priority gold card member. Ask If I could have an upgrade. Yes I could have one if I wanted to pay £30. Was given a room on 4th floor. Had a look and found I would be looking down on air-conditioning units. I have experience with them in the past as droning lasts until around 12am. Next room I was given was 309. Room very small, with TV perched on top of wardrobe which was a strain on my neck looking up. No sound insulation on window. I though perhaps the window was open as the loud noise of traffic and people on the street continued most of the night. Fan in bathroom also droned until 10.00pm. Room was opposite lift and people coming out of lift were noisy. Didn't find staff helpful, especially in Restaurant. Though must say Lynsey on reception was helpful and printed off my travel documents. I would agree with previous poster that Holiday Inn Express is better as I have previously stayed there. Breakfast was poor. Although the choice was plentiful. The hot food was lukewarm and dried out. My Daughter and Son-in-law had an executive room 301.They loved it, decor and size of room was excellent. Again the window features as a problem with noise. Bathrooms in both rooms are very small. I am only 5ft and I couldn't stretch out. Location from Bus station and shops is excellent. Won't visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: Room 309 not a good choice opposite lift and facing on to front entrance and a very busy road
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank fluffysheep
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel.

I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel. I have passed on your review to our maintenance team, who will check the seal in the window of 309 and we will use your review in a constructive manner.

I was pleased to read that your daughter and her husband enjoyed their stay with us.

Should you be returning, please contact myself direct so I can personally ensure you have a fantastic visit.