I checked in mid-day. I am a Priority gold card member. Ask If I could have an upgrade. Yes I could have one if I wanted to pay £30. Was given a room on 4th floor. Had a look and found I would be looking down on air-conditioning units. I have experience with them in the past as droning lasts until around 12am. Next room I was given was 309. Room very small, with TV perched on top of wardrobe which was a strain on my neck looking up. No sound insulation on window. I though perhaps the window was open as the loud noise of traffic and people on the street continued most of the night. Fan in bathroom also droned until 10.00pm. Room was opposite lift and people coming out of lift were noisy. Didn't find staff helpful, especially in Restaurant. Though must say Lynsey on reception was helpful and printed off my travel documents. I would agree with previous poster that Holiday Inn Express is better as I have previously stayed there. Breakfast was poor. Although the choice was plentiful. The hot food was lukewarm and dried out. My Daughter and Son-in-law had an executive room 301.They loved it, decor and size of room was excellent. Again the window features as a problem with noise. Bathrooms in both rooms are very small. I am only 5ft and I couldn't stretch out. Location from Bus station and shops is excellent. Won't visit this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly refurbished Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland is ideally located in heart of the city's Theatreland district located in the heart of the city centre. The hotel is a perfect base from which to explore the many tourist attractions of central Scotland or enjoy the shopping in Glasgow which has some of the best selction of shops in Europe. The hotel benefits from a central location close to the M8 motorway and within walking distance of both Glasgow's rail and bus stations. All rooms have been completely refurbished in 2015. All rooms have modern individually controlled air con, 40 inch flat screen TV's with the full BT Sports package. The hotel has an award winning brasserie La Bonne Auberge that has been awarded an AA Rosette every year since 1997. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland Scotland