We arrived at the Holiday Inn after booking 2 exec rooms ( 1 twin, 1 double). Our friends were given a further upgrade to a suite. We on the other hand could not even get into our rooms as workmen were repairing the windows. At the desk we had been told the room was ready and the workmen just finished. However, on getting to the room they told us it would by 20 minutes or so. after sitting in our friends room for the 20mins we went back to our room to be told it would be a further 30 mins. Our friends had to go out so we sat downstairs in the lounge. After an hour the room was able to be accessed. Oh dear, the workmen were finished and we could get in but had difficulty moving around the room. When we booked it no-one had told us they do not actually have twin exec rooms but use a fold down bed - yes you pay extra for this privelidge and have a lot less useable room! I went downstairs to say we were very dissapointed. I handed a comment card into reception saying that the room should never have been let till it was ready, we should have been told about the fold down bed and we lost out going out for the afternoon with friends. The manager was nearby and overheard and musr have looked at the comments as after returning to my room he phoned me. He apologised for what had happened and agreed the room should not have been let, he also agreed we should have been told about the fold down bed and apologised for our ruined afternoon. He asked what he could do to make up for the disappointment & all I said was we should not be expected to pay for lesser facilities than a standard room. He agreed and said we would not pay the upgrade price. At dinner that evening he also arranged for us to have afreebottle of wine which we thought was more than enough. However, the following morning 2 bottles of wine had been 'comped' and all our desserts. This was very good customer care. We thanked him very much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly refurbished Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland is ideally located in heart of the city's Theatreland district located in the heart of the city centre. The hotel is a perfect base from which to explore the many tourist attractions of central Scotland or enjoy the shopping in Glasgow which has some of the best selction of shops in Europe. The hotel benefits from a central location close to the M8 motorway and within walking distance of both Glasgow's rail and bus stations. All rooms have been completely refurbished in 2015. All rooms have modern individually controlled air con, 40 inch flat screen TV's with the full BT Sports package. The hotel has an award winning brasserie La Bonne Auberge that has been awarded an AA Rosette every year since 1997. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland Scotland