Stayed here 10 years ago and was very unimpressed then - soggy floors, mysterious stains on the curtains. My friends and I only stayed 5 hours!
However, went to an even in Glasgow this year and the accommodation was arranged for me, this is where we stayed, and I went with an open mind...
Location - a short 15 minute walk from the city centre (or a 2 minute train journey and a 3 minute walk) so good access to shopping and attractions etc
The bunk beds:
1) there were screws missing from the beds, meaning the ladders were attached at the top bunk, but not to the bottom bunk
2) some people got mattresses, I got a block of uncovered foam, with a mattress topper.
The showers (I used the shower on the top floor):
1) the temperature control dial had fallen off the shower unit
2) the shower head was on a flexible cord, which you could move around, but there was nowhere to fix it to the wall to allow you to use both hands whilst shampooing.
3) the tiny hook on the wall to hang my towel was very loose, and nearly fell off when I placed my towel onto it
4) there was no space to leave anything in the shower cubical, I had to leave my toilet bag and clothes on the other side of the door.
All we needed for our time in Glasgow was somewhere to store our luggage during day while we were out, and a place to sleep once we got back. This hostel did provide this, at a convenient location. However, I will not be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IF YOU ARE NOT A BACKPACKER DONT COME HERE YOU WONT BE HAPPY!!!!! Can i be any clearer than that? . We are a 1 star backpacker hostel in the city centre of Glasgow. We offer basic self catering accommodation at the cheapest price in town! We cater strictly to the 18 to 35 age group. so if you are old and cant climb bunk beds don't come here! If you like to meet people and have a great time you will love it here. We will do our best to make sure you have some fun or we will point you in the right direction to find it! We are 150 meters from the best party street in town. 5 blocks of pubs , bars , casinos, fast food, theatres ect. No children allowed. No grumpy old people allowed. if you are antisocial cheapskate who has to update facebook every 15 seconds because you have no idea ho to communicate AFK and only booked here for the price you will not be happy here. All facilities are shared.All rooms are coed we dont have male or female rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Bluesky Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluesky Hostel Glasgow, Scotland