“3 Hour Stay!”

Fraser Suites Glasgow
Ranked #19 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I agree, in total, with reviewer of 1 week ago, MRJ20142014, from London. Not much more I can add but that we left after 3 hours! To accept guests into a hospitality establishment with a live band in the restaurant below, without telling you, is unacceptable. I also agree with reviewers that the Reception staff need training in how to welcome people. Equally "non-plussed" when we said we were leaving. Other guests also left that night. The decor is dull, we were very warm, and unable to hear ourselves speak. We went into the street to go for a meal and after being accosted by people begging for money 3 times, we decided to get a few provisions at the small supermarket nearby. It had a security guard! Vibrant Merchant City it is not! We left upset but very soon we were happy and settled in the Hilton. Now, that is where you get hospitality at it's best!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Patricia C
Robert M, Operations Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Patricia C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent experience at Fraser Suites. I am extremely concerned that you left after only 3 hours. We have never encountered this with a guest before. With the eyes of the world on Glasgow due to the upcoming Commonwealth Games, the city is experiencing a carnival atmosphere and being in the heart of Merchant City we are a prime site for the celebrations. The bars and restaurant below the property have a varied program of events daily, and the live music on the day you stayed actually finished at 10pm. I am sorry you were not told this and as a result chose to leave at 6.30pm .

I disappointed that you felt our customer service fell short of expectation. We pride ourselves on delivering gold standard customer service, having recently won the best hospitality accolade for Serviced Apartments at the 2014 Scottish Hotel Awards, I am extremely upset that we did not delver on this occasion.

I would like to discuss your experience with us further and hopefully be permitted to invite you back to our property for a chance for us to change your opinion. Please do not hesitate to contact me on Robert.mclaughlin@frasershospitality.com

Robert

Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Although first impressions were great; check in was very pleasant and quick, the apartment was very spacious and rooms good size (there were 3 of us staying in a 2 bed apartment). We quickly discovered that the rooms were extremely hot!! Luckily myself and partner found a fan in our cupboard so were quick to plug that in along with opening ALL of the windows. Although none of the heaters appeared to be on, we realised that when our card was in the slot which turned the elctricity on the bathroom towel rail came on. Obvioulsy this is on the dry things out, but there was no need for it to be on full blast. With the fan myself and partner managed to sleep ok on the first night, however my friend who is from Australia and used to the heat didn't!!
On our second night we asked reception if they had any fan's for our friend, only to be told they were all out and that as we were on the 3rd floor heat rises so there is nothing they can do about it....once again another sleepless night for our pal.
You might be thinking I'm moaning for no reason, however we were in Glasgow for a close friends wedding and manage of the other guest and bride and groom were also staying in Fraser Suites. On the wedding day we spoke to one couple who actually ended up moving hotels to escape the noise from the downstairs bar which they were told would close at 3am. Even the mother of the bride commented how she would have moved hotels had it not been for not wanting to upset the bride to be.
I nice temperature is not a lot to ask for when your paying £184 a night!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Verity L,

Thank you for your recent review, I am pleased that we wowed you on arrival, and that our check in was pleasant and efficient, we pride ourselves on delivering gold standard customer service.

I am also pleased that you found our apartments spacious, being nearly 21/2 times the size of a standard hotel room our rooms certainly give you the space to relax during your stay.

I am sorry that you found the heat within your room was unacceptable and that reception were not sympathetic when you raised your concerns with them. We have taken steps to ensure that all of our rooms have electric fans in them to provide some relief from the heat. I have also instructed all my housekeeping team to ensure towel rails are switch off to stop them contributing the heat in the rooms.

I hope this experience has not put you off staying with us in future and please visit our website at frasershospitality.com to receive the best rate for your next stay.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I travel to Glasgow quite regularly and have stayed at a few different hotels in the city in different locations. This was my 3rd time staying at the Fraser Suites and I always end up coming back to this hotel. I've never had a bad experience there and the staff are very helpful.

Rooms are great. The fact that even in the studio bedrooms you get the kitchen facilities, lounge area, make it so much nicer than a regular hotel room and generally it's for the same price or less (if you're lucky!) Good location for the bars, restaurants in Merchant City and only approx £5 for a cab to the other side of the city. I've just booked it for my next visit too! I highly recommend staying here.

Dear EB_02,

Thank you for your delightful review, I am pleased that you enjoyed yet another stay with us and delighted that you have already booked to return!!

I am pleased that you find our team here at Frasers helpful, we pride ourselves in delivering gold standard customer service. Being located in the heart of merchant city with some of Glasgow's finest restaurants and bars on our door step we are certainly an ideal base whether you are visiting Glasgow for work or leisure. If you are staying in a Studio, 1 bed or 2 bedroom apartment, we offer the space and facilities need to truly have a home from home experience.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

I stayed in Frasers suites for more than 8 months. It is best however the only one and bigger problem of staying for longer durations is the beds. The beds are new but at its worst state I.e. It will sink you in which will eventually end you up in developing severe back pains. This kind of beds are only okay for short stays like 2-3 days.
Even after several requests the house keeping management couldn't arrange for a single hard mattresses in my entire duration of stay.
Since it has serviced apartments it is probably the best option for working people. But the beds make your longs stay uncomfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of Fraser Suites Glasgow, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that you found our new Sealy beds were not adequate for your long stay. We certainly could of arranged for a firmer mattress to suit your requirements.

Being market leaders in the extended stay market, we pride ourselves in delivering gold standard customer service and ensuring that our guests have that true home from home experience especially when they are away from their own home and family for long periods.

I hope you return to stay with us soon, please contact me directly on your return and I will arrange a suitable mattress for you.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

A great location just off the Royal Mile. Staff were very friendly and attentive during our 3 day stay. Rooms are al little small. The decor was a bit jaded with evidence of wear and tear being evident. I would recommend for a short stay because of location.

Room Tip: top rooms can be quite warm. Despite a lift some rooms have extra stairs to get access.

Dear Darwinchris_11

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Fraser Suites Glasgow is located in the heart of Glasgow's merchant city. I think your review is for our sister property in Edinburgh which is located on the Royal Mile in the heard of the old town.

I hope you enjoyed your visit to Scotland and I hope you come back again soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

very comfortable indeed and excellent value. Well located (did ask for room at back and would have been noisy on the Saturday night. Don't miss the Kinetic theatre at end of street. A whacky afternoon out (probably a little scary for kids.) The Cossack restaurant attached to theatre had wonderful Borscht (and vodka) too. Again only criticism the waterfall shower, useless if you don't want wet hair so had to bath.
Really comfortable, huge studio suite with sofa and kitchen

Room Tip: probably safer at back on weekends
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Robert M, Operations Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear Indigor,

Thank you for your delightful review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and for your recommendation for something to see and do in Glasgow. Being located in the heart of Glasgow's merchant city we are ideally situated to explore all this city has to offer.

I am pleased that you liked the space that our studio apartments have to offer (almost 2 1/2 times the size of a standard hotel room) with all the facilities to let you enjoy a home from home experience. Our powerful rainfall showers are always a big hit with our guests, I'm sorry to read that you couldn't benefit from it, we do have shower caps included in our luxury welcome amenities for you to use.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Fraser Suites again soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

The hotel, staff and room where Excellent, it is in very nice place in Glasgow, short distance from good shops and restaurants, it is very nice that you can make coffee and tee in the rooms and the rooms are from Studio apartments up to 3 bedrooms apartments, It is clean and nice to stay there and we are looking forward to stay again there in the future when we are visiting Glasgow.

Room Tip: We did see in to few rooms and all where nice and comfortable, but room 412 is the best and got 3 be...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Thor Olafur h,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am pleased that your found our apartments ideal for your requirements. Being located in the heart of Glasgow's bustling merchant city, we are ideally situated to discover all that this beautiful city has to offer. Our spacious apartments are an ideal home from home from our studio apartment to our 2 bedroom apartments each room with a kitchenette to allow you to make the most of your visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Suites Glasgow again soon.