“Great location”

Ranked #23 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great location”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

3 of my friends and I spent 3 days in Glasgow last weekend and found the 2 bedroom suite we had very nice. It was spacious,clean and had everything we needed for a comfortable stay.The reception staff were very helpful and pleasant and the free coffee,tea etc in the lounge area was lovely.It is very central and near numerous shops,cafes and restaurants.We had a great time and would return and recommend to anyone who wanted to visit Glasgow and be centrally located.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Robert M, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay and that our Front Desk staff were helpful. I hope we can welcome you back to Fraser Suites Glasgow in the near future.

Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Korean first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed at the Fraser Suites for three nights for our wedding. We had a lot of our family staying there too. When we arrived on the Thursday night we were delighted with our room which was a one bedroom apartment with bedroom, living room/kitchen and bathroom. However it was at the front of the building on the first floor and the noise from the pub downstairs was unbearable. There was loud music (as in, loud enough that I could hear the lyrics) until three AM and then a further hour of people hanging about outside talking and shouting. Obviously this is not the hotel's fault but I cannot imagine this is not a common problem and they really need to work on their soundproofing. I went down to reception and asked the guy on the desk to come and listen to it, which he did, and agreed it wasn't acceptable and said he would try to get us moved the next day.

When we went downstairs the next day, the lady on the desk was dismissive and frankly rude, told us no one had ever complained about it before (I really don't believe this) and told us that we had been upgraded to the room we were in and would therefore have to downgrade to move rooms. No one had told us we had been upgraded which is really weird. She told us that she would have a look at moving us but that the hotel was quite full so no promises. I was almost in tears at this point imagining being kept up til 4am the night before our wedding, but she was just very dismissive and unpleasant. However, later in the day the manager came to speak to us and was very nice and apologetic and arranged to move us into a room at the back of the hotel. Unfortunately this was a smaller room but since it's what we'd booked, no big deal. The new room was much quieter and was fine.

All in all, the rooms were very nice, the staff were mostly fine and breakfast was fine but unfortunately our first night just gave us a really bad impression of the hotel overall. You expect some noise from a location like that but not to that level and not to the point of being completely unable to sleep. I think even so it would have been okay if not for the way it was dealt with by the staff the next day. We had also made a few requests such as being on a different floor to our family which we were not, and there were a number of issues with various family members' bookings which were badly handled - confusion with who had booked how many rooms and so on, problems with the disabled room which we had booked for my grandfather, who uses a wheelchair, and which they did not have available - which you just don't expect from this kind of hotel. The wifi was also very poor, the signal was hopeless and we ended up using the next door restaurant's wifi!

I expected more from this hotel given both its reputation and the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back, away from the pubs!
Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and comments regarding your stay. I am very disappointed to hear of your experience on the first night of your stay. I can assure you that this is not the standard of service expected from our Front Desk staff and your comments have been taken on board and passed to our Front Desk staff for further action.

I am pleased to hear that a Manager spoke to you and dealt with your complaint at the time and we were at least able to move you to a more suitable room. We always endeavor to make our guest's stay as comfortable as possible and will do what we can to accommodate requests where we are able to.

I would be happy to discuss your review further with you to assure you of the steps being taken to combat some of the issues you experienced and I hope we might be able to welcome you back to the property at some point in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact us.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

We currently live overseas and always stay here when we are back in Glasgow.the amenities in the room are good and allow you to cook your own food but with the selection of restaurants nearby that doesn't make any sense. It is noisy but as you are in one of the most bustling areas of a major city why would you be surprised.i will continue to stay here and see that they have started a programme of renovation which should se a further improvement.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Fraser Suites Glasgow and also managed to enjoy some of the fantastic restaurants in the area.

I hope we are able to welcome you back to the property in the near future and you are able to experience one of our newly refurbished apartments.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We've (young couple) stayed at the Fraser Suites Glasgow hotel for 5 nights at September 2012. I have only good things to say about it, almost can't believe that the rating is "only" 4 stars. All the small but important details were taken into consideration. We had a huge room (compared to other European cities) containing a king size bad, big TV, a kitchen area including microwave, a lot of kitchen dishes, cooking tools (pasta strainer, vine opener ,even a potato masher) and more things that you can't believe that you'll ever need at a hotel, but can be very useful. There was a lot of storage space, the room was very spacious and clean. Our room was on the 2nd floor, facing the alee, so it was quiet all the time. The staff was very nice, professional and helpful. You could also get tee/coffee and chocolates in the lobby all the time for free. Another great point was the location- 5 minutes walk from the restaurants and shopping areas and public transportation. I think that if there were a WIFI connection it could be much better, but still, we had a great time and will certainly be back again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff to be helpful and that the apartments/amenities exceeded your expectations. We aim to make every guest's stay as great as possible.

We are working on boosting the WiFi signal throughout the whole building. Wired internet access is also available in every room (cables available from Front Desk) which often provides a better connection.

I hope that we are able to welcome you back to Fraser Suites Glasgow in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you wish to re-book.

Cumbria, England
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed here in June 2012.
Staff friendly, helpful, check in easy.
Rooms are large with all the usual. Kitchen with microwave etc, all open plan.
A plus about staying here is as it's a suite, there is plenty of room.
I would advise not to have a room at back of the hotel as the noise late evening and early morning very loud and windows aren't double glazed.
This may not happen week days, I stayed weekend!
The indian restaurant next door.......the name of, I have forgot.........is fantastic, food and sevice top notch!
So if you want a room with kichen, don't want to eat out or on a budget Fraser suites id for you.
I will be returning!

Room Tip: Don't have a room at back of hotel at weekends......noise, bars dumping bottles into skips!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that your overall stay was an enjoyable one and that you would return to Fraser Suites Glasgow. We aim to make every guest's stay as comfortable as possible.

Many of our rooms are double glazed which eliminates most of the noise which goes hand in hand with our city centre location and our back facing rooms are generally our most quiet. We are working with the bar/restaurant below to ensure that our guests are not disturbed with any noise.

The Indian restaurant adjacent to the property is Cafe India. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your meal with them.

I hope we are able to welcome you back to Fraser Suites Glasgow in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you wish to re-book.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights over the weekend. The rooms are very spacious and well equipped for the length of stay, although somewhat basic.
Our room faced onto the main street and was incredibly noisy particularly during the night due to the restaurants and bars below, along with traffic. We asked to switch rooms but were told they were fully booked throughout our whole stay so could not change at any point. This was not true when looking at their website and seeing there were rooms advertised as available! In this way we found the staff unhelpful.
Also when our room was serviced we were not given sufficient towels for 2 people to shower which was a little annoying.
I would stay here again for the location but only if I had a back room!

Room Tip: Stay towards the back of the hotel!
1 Thank Applegate08
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am disappointed to hear that we were unable to move you during your stay as our priority is to make every guest's stay as comfortable as possible every time. I have ensured that your comments have been passed to our staff at Front Desk and Housekeeping in an ongoing effort to make sure our customer service is gold standard.

I do hope we are able to welcome you back to Fraser Suites Glasgow in the near future and would be happy to allocate you a back facing room. We are currently undergoing a refurbishment and would be delighted to show you the new look apartments once complete.

If you wish to re-book or discuss your review further please do not hesitate to contact us.

London
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed in an apartment in Fraser Suites. The location is brilliant, only 5-10 mins walk from Glasgow central station. The apartment itself was very good, there was a large bedroom, bathroom and a separate kitchen/lounge. It was very well equipped with a hob, microwave, fridge, utensils, crockery, ipod dock, two TVs and wifi. It was generally in very good repair apart from the bath which was missing some of its enamel and going a bit rusty in places.

The only real problem is noise. The double glazing does almost nothing in blocking outside noise, The building is above a bar/nightclub that opens until 2 or 3 am and hence it was very difficult to get to sleep. In all, it is ok for a night or two but I wouldn't like to stay longer. That is a problem for them as extended stays are the intended market!

Room Tip: Room 125 appeared to be right over the bar below, so I would try and avoid.
1 Thank bigandos
Thank you for your review of our property. I am delighted to hear that you found the apartments to be spacious and well equipped. With regards to the bath, I am happy to let you know that our property is currently going through a full refurbishment programme which includes brand new bathrooms, which will greatly improve the standard of the bathrooms and the apartments themselves.

I am disappointed to hear that you found noise to be an issue. We have had many of the rooms double glazed to combat noise from street level which comes hand in hand with a city centre location. Our apartments at the back of the property are quieter and we can allocate these at time of booking subject to availability. We are also working with the bar/restaurant below to combat any unnecessary noise.

I would be delighted if we were able to welcome you back to the property in the future and show you the improvements that are being made.