“Should be called the Poor House - Worst experience ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Pour House - CLOSED

Cuisines: British
Description: New Pub/Restaurant in Glasgow
Description: New Pub/Restaurant in Glasgow
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Should be called the Poor House - Worst experience ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

Booked this on Itison deal as we had not been up this part of town for a while. Firstly ordered nachos to share waited 20 minutes, nothing. The barperson had forgot to order them from kitchen, waited 20 minutes nothing. Nachos came out in a deep dish was just a big bowl of gloop that you couldnt eat with your fingers & we weren`t offered side plates. We left some of the food on the plate but were not asked if were happy. We later ordered mains of Fish & Chips & a cheeseburger waited another half hour for what should only take 10 minutes to cook, again nothing. When enquired to why no food this time said would be right out. Discussion then ensued between barman and manageress after much to & fro from the kitchen, to which we overheard between them that the chef was "out his face". At this point we left without being fed. May I add that we were the only people who ordered food so we spent nearly 2 hours in this pub and never got to a main course. Whilst we were sitting awaiting the food we had plenty of time to survey the staff performance. Had we been the owners I am sure none of them would still be employed there now. All this time there was a large table full of empty bottles and glasses as a large party had previously left. They however thought they were employed to mess around with their phone and laptop behind the bar oblivious to the disaster around them. I have rated 1 out of 5 but only because tripadvisor don`t do minuses. Pour House you need to improve drastically as there is plenty of competition on your doorstep.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank HolidayBrian

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Bypass for Food of Customer Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

I visited here last month to try it out as it only opened in March and used an voucher deal. The deal was for two mains and wine/beer each (substitutions were allowed). The decor has been done really well and did give out a relaxed vibe. We ordered some food from the limited menu. I went for the cheeseburger and asked for bacon as an extra and my friend went with the beer battered fish.

As I was driving, I substituted the alcohol for a diet coke and my friend asked what other beers/lagers could be substituted with the voucher. The server rhymed off a few options which my friend selected one. Service was prompt and our drink orders arrived quickly but unfortunately mine's was wrong - given a coke. This was rectified with no problem.

The food arrived but the bacon add on I had ordered was missing. I decided not to send it back as it would have meant my pal and I not eating at the same time. My burger was below par with a very small portion of chunky chips. The fish was average. We had hoped for the food to be better so it was disappointing.

When we were getting ready to leave my friend went up to the bar to hand in the voucher etc. He was then presented with a bill including the full cost of the beer he had ordered. My friend highlighted that this had been a substitution to our deal and that this had been discussed when we were ordering our drinks. The server was called over who confirmed that this discussion had taken place and that the beer order had been one of the offered substitutions. This was then followed with "I am saying now that it can't be substituted"??!! After some further discussion on why offer this as a sub and then retract it when we are leaving. The staff then agreed to waive the cost of the beer. We were taken aback by the attitude of the staff that for good customer service they would do us this favour - failing to see that we would not have ordered it in the first place it they had not offered it as a substitution!!

After such disappointing food and a very negative customer service experience, we will not be returning.

• Visited April 2012
“Great Pub Grub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

Good local bar, which has just recently opened. Food is really fresh I had the fish and chips and nachos to share as a starter, while my boyfriend had a chicken burger. The food was homemade and the salsa that the nachos came with was excellent.

The staff were really nice and friendly and have got really good ideas for the place including a new tapas menu coming soon and also Tuesdays they now have live music.

A good addition to Finnieston