“The usual soft play experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gambado

Gambado
Ranked #7 of 49 Fun & Games in Glasgow
More attraction details
Owner description: Gambado Glasgow became part of our growing family in October 2011. It has some of the best play and party facilities in the region with new and exciting equipment and activities arriving soon.Gambado Glasgow has a range of activities for children of all ages which will keep them entertained for hours! Younger children can play and develop in absolute safety in our toddler areas, which include a sensory play area, whilst older children can try out some of our more challenging equipment, like our state of the art climbing wall or our thrilling go-karts. At Gambado we also understand the importance of making parents’ visit as enjoyable as possible too, so we provide plenty of comfortable seating, a tasty cafe with great coffee as well as free Wi-Fi Gambado Glasgow is also the ideal location for a very special birthday party. With VIP areas for the parents to relax in and our entertaining party tea rooms.Our team will ensure a smooth and fun party for your little VIPs. Gambado Glasgow is also available for private hire.We look forward to seeing you soon!
scotland
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“The usual soft play experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

We booked this through one of these discount vouchers sites and it was well worth it as I would only pay the normal price if we were really bored. We got a 14 yr, 9yr, 7yr, 5yr, 16mth old and 2 adults in for £14.00. This included 3 lunches for the kids. What I like most about this place is that the go karts are free because these normally raise the price a bit at the other play areas that are less expensive to get in to but charge for the go karts. It was busy but enough space to sit. There is food served but it didn't look too appealing. Also I saw some people had brought there own Costa coffees in. I did not realise this was allowed so, would have done this myself had i known. However the latte in there was fine. It was 2 hours long and long enough. We booked a couple of days before and we managed to get the bank holiday monday.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Poor value for money,avoid the disgusting packed lunches”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Took my 2 kids to Gambado. Looks very similar to Monkey Business after so called refit. Kids had jungle lunch.Sandwiches were stale and no butter on either the cheese or jam.No doubt to save money.Small juice.Small crisps.Very very poor value for £3.70. Very pricey to get in. Unless you enjoy getting ripped off I would take kids elsewhere.£26 total cost .Its just not worth it.

2 Thank Perry M
Renfrew, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Build-a-Bear birthday party!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I held my daughter's 7th Birthday Party at Gambado Glasgow at the weekend (25th May 2013). Having been completely stressed in past years over hiring halls, thinking about what games to play, the music drama and hiring bouncy castles etc, it was brilliant to simply hand over the cake, sit myself down and let the staff tend to everything. Each party room is colour coded so when each guest arrives at the receiption, they are given a colour coded wrist band to wear to corresponde with the party room your party is in. I think this is a brilliant idea because you can see clearly what kiddies are in what party!

I had 10 guests and I opted for the Build-a-bear party. Our party host, Nicole, was absolutely fantastic!! After the initial excitement of choosing what teddy they wanted, they then got to work stuffing their new wee friends, they then had a wee play in the frame, before their meal and the cake ceremony. As well as singing the traditional "Happy Birthday" song, I think the kids especially liked it when the all sang "Jingle Bells" at the top of their voices (for some unknown, but really funny reason, bearing in mind it's May!!!!!!).

The service and attention to detail of the staff was first class and I can't thank everyone enough to help make my wee girl's day that wee bit more special. I'd also like to send a big thank you to the Manager, Lynn for all her help!

Even at the end of the party, again Nicole worked her socks off cutting up the cake and placing into the party bags (supplied as part of the party and again, no stress for me!!!) and then wrapped up the remainder of the cake and gathered in all the presents for us to take home.

Yes, it is expensive and you do have the worry of people not turning up, but it is a stress-free option for the parents, no mess at home to deal with, the kids have blast and it's wonderful to see all the party-goers going home with a present too! A fantastic day for everyone!

I'd thoroughly recommend having a party at Gambado, Renfrew. Well done!!!!

East Kilbride, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“never again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Absolutely horrible. Overpriced, me and my 2 kids, nearly £20 including the registration fee. Registration.... what for? didn't even take correct details. Smaller than other soft plays the kids have been to. After around 5minutes the kids came out and asked is this it dad?

Its only saving grace was that the go carts were free.

Renfrew, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

On arrival, I was greeted with a warm smile from the receptionist, who not only spoke to me but took time to speak to my children too and learn their names. She advised me that, as it was my first time, we would be subject to a registration fee of £2.50 but also informed me that, upon registering, I would receive a £2.50 voucher to spend at the cafe as well as a voucher strip of various other discounts - fantastic! I questioned being registered, because I was not aware of other soft plays doing this and the receptionist told me that, should there be any incident in the centre, we would have records and contact details of exactly who had been in and furthermore, if there was, god forbid, a fire, they would also have a record of people in the building to give to the fire brigade. Gambado, you have certainly taken the public's safety very seriously and for that, I commend you and was happy to wait a few moments whilst we were registered!
Upon entering Gambado itself, I was amazed! Free Go Karts, free climbing wall, a candy floss machine, FOUR different play areas and an enormous seating area! The place was bright and airy and I could barely get my children to stay with me to take theircoats and shoes of before they ran, delighted out of sight!
I sat in some very comfy sofas and looked at the menu - I must say, the choice was brilliant!
At the cafe bar, I was torn between a panini or a pizza but the helpful cafe staff engaged in conversation about her personal favourites and whilst we were chatting, a customer arrived to collect their food - a panini - and I was sold!
The food was wonderful! Considering it's a soft play, you'd expect food to be average at best but it was the opposite! One of my children had macaroni and the other had chicken nuggets. Both tasted wonderful (yes, I couldn't resist sneaking a mouthful of each!)
I was unsure of any time limit and didn't want to be called out when I wasn't expecting it so I asked a member of staff how long I could stay for and the answer was... as long as i liked! Apparently Gambado only cap your time to 2 hours if they are at capacity and, judging by the size of the place, this is a rare occurrance! We stayed for FOUR HOURS! The coffee was delicious - the staff are clearly very well trained, and read the free newspapers provided and my children had a ball! At one point, my youngest came running up but I didn't recognise her because she was dressed in an elephant costume from their imagination zone! What fun!
I couldn't resist jumping in with the kids but was concerned about a few things - the first was where to put my things whilst I was playing and the second was whether or not I was allowed in at all but the lovely staff advised me that they had customer lockers and not only was I allowed in to play but I was encouraged to! I feel like Gambado have thought of everything!
When we finally left, I was asked for my blue registration card, which I received upon registering. I produced it and the receptionist simply swiped it and brought our names on the computer and checked us out. She wished us a pleasant day and listened intently as I told her how much fun we had. She then used this opportunity to promote the various passes Gambado offer and I must say, I was tempted... then she mentioned the special offer they have on at the minute - a pass covering the entire summer holidays for an excellent price! How could I say no?
Suffice to say, I bought one for each child and I look forward to returning very soon!
Thanks Gambado, well done for thinking of your customers - I'll certainly be spreading the word!