“Fantastic place for the kids”
Review of Gambado - CLOSED

Gambado
More attraction details
Owner description: Gambado Glasgow became part of our growing family in October 2011. It has some of the best play and party facilities in the region with new and exciting equipment and activities arriving soon.Gambado Glasgow has a range of activities for children of all ages which will keep them entertained for hours! Younger children can play and develop in absolute safety in our toddler areas, which include a sensory play area, whilst older children can try out some of our more challenging equipment, like our state of the art climbing wall or our thrilling go-karts. At Gambado we also understand the importance of making parents’ visit as enjoyable as possible too, so we provide plenty of comfortable seating, a tasty cafe with great coffee as well as free Wi-Fi Gambado Glasgow is also the ideal location for a very special birthday party. With VIP areas for the parents to relax in and our entertaining party tea rooms.Our team will ensure a smooth and fun party for your little VIPs. Gambado Glasgow is also available for private hire.We look forward to seeing you soon!
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fantastic place for the kids”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I visited the newly refurbished soft play today with my 4 year old and baby. And it's even better than before. Most reviews say it's more expensive than some of the other soft plays which it is slightly but in much opinion its totally worth it. My son has some additional needs physically and most place do not allow adults to use the soft play therefore my son cannot really use it properly but because we can help him he can fully explore Gambado and he has an absolute ball. Today was his birthday and I cannot thank them enough for making him feel that little bit special. I was shocked to read one of the other reviews regarding a manager called Becky. I have spoken to Becky at length about our visit today and met her in person and you could not find a more helpful, friendly person! She is great with the kids, approachable, hard working and obviously loves her job. I really don't think the post further down is a fair review. Becky made my son feel so special she really made his day as he has had a very difficult time lately she went out of her way to ensure he had fun at Gambado. She showed me that their is still some kind people In the world and it makes me feel at ease knowing the staff at this soft play are as committed to there job as she is. Gambon is a great place and the new free race track is amazing! As are the new baby areas. I really think gambado is a must go soft play in Glasgow. It's certainly the best one iv ever been in! Also the chocolate cake and coffee are yummy! Making it a hit with mummy too :-D

glasgow
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My sister and I took our babies to Gambados for the first time today. Our children are aged 11 months and 6 months. As we approached the desk we were told that as its our first time we MUST pay a Registration fee, This was fine until the girl at the desk taking our information decided it wasnt important to spell our names correctly or even take our childrens CORRECT surnames!! I explained my surname was different to my sons and was told "aw it doesnt matter"!!!!

After paying to "register" we went upstairs to the play rooms which seemed good. My sis and i still couldnt believe the girl at the front desk didnt think it was important to take our childrens correct details... So i asked a girl if i could speak to a manager and was told they would be floating around somewhere. I explained to the girl my problem and again was told "they can do that, but if you really feel its important say to them!!!!

Why did we have to pay to register if the company/staff dont think its important to take our actual details??? There was also lots of other info required on the Registration form eg. email address, i was not asked for mine but the girl entered a random address on her own.

It seems to me that staff are just trying to get the job done quickly regardless if its done correctly or not.

What about security? What if something happened and you dont have our correct details, names etc?

Also, the play area for young babies was terrible. Its had 2 bouncing chairs and two activity stations in which none had working battery's in them so didnt work.

So all in all very disappointing

Visited November 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Always a great experience”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I am from Newcastle but regularly visit Glasgow with my three sons (4, 6 and 8) to see my brother and his twin boys (5), I often like to treat the boys to a day out when we're all together and have taken them all to Gambado several times on the insistence of my nephews. It is a little pricier than other days but it is always worth it to see the smiles on their faces and I don't mind paying a little extra knowing that they're all having fun.

I took them along this weekend on Saturday, last time I went one of the managers was telling me they were just about to have a big refurb and I was very impressed this weekend! It was great before but is now even better, there is a new go-kart track that my boys absolutely loved and the climbing wall is still there - even better that they are both free!

The kids always have a great time in the soft play area and there is a new "imagination zone" which they were still raving about in the car on the way home last night.

Having read a couple of negative reviews on here I felt I had to comment as I think people are always quicker to complain than they are to praise but I have never felt any less than 100% at home there and the place has a vibrant, fun atmosphere, I get to play a bit of air hockey with my ultra-competitive brother whilst the kids are having a great time, they get fed and they love it, I will be coming back and thanks for always giving my kids a good laugh - and my parents a good laugh when they saw the picture of my youngest dressed as Scooby Doo!

Visited October 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Where's the staff?”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Initially i would like to commend this venue for its facilities; great play frames, atmosphere and service. It is truely an enjoyable day out with the kids.
Today i was slightly dissappointed though at the small number of managers on the floor, especially as it was so busy.
From what i have noticed, managers wear the blue shirts with the Gambado logo and the remaining staff wear the orange polo shirts. I couldnt help but notice the lack of "blue shirts" roaming around the centre. The full time i was in here i seen and conversed with one manager, named Lyn, who was more than welcoming and accomodating to the little ones and myself. She seemed a little flustered to be honest, and no wonder! If i was was juggling customers, food, children and the sorts i'd expect a little help from my co-workers (managers) too. It seems a little unfair that she was out on the floor herself for the majority of my time here. It only seems professional that the rest of the staff contribute just as much.
In no way at all am i slating this centre as i would highly recommend it to any family for an enjoyable day out! I was just passing comment on the excellent efforts made by one of your managers, Lyn, today, i hope to converse with the other staff as i did with her today in the future!

Visited September 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Brilliant Birthday Party”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

A brilliant and very memorable birthday party! I took a punt and booked for my son's 6th Birthday. He and his friends- 15 of them!!! had an amazing time. Jillian look after the kids so well that us parents got time to catch up over decent coffee! I find parties a bit stressful but this was seriously stress free. The food was great proper chicken nuggetts, the service always with a smile and the facilities are now all working well so that the kids could enjoy some go-kart races and climbing wall challenges set by Jillian. I would recommend to other parents. Especially as y they are redeveloping the centre onto 1 floor with even more attractions- or so Lynn the manager told me when she came to check that everything was ok with my party.

Visited August 2012