“Old Glasgow”
Review of King's Theatre

King's Theatre
Ranked #61 of 286 things to do in Glasgow
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Went to see Cats with my Daughter and Granddaughter the show was great.
the Theater itself is like stepping back in time it is showing its age but i like that it adds to the atmosphere you can picture people doing the same thing in 1904 a good history lesson for the kids

There are newer reviews for King's Theatre

Reviewed September 21, 2013

The theatre was easily accessible, had a very good view up in the circle..Found the theatre very hot could have better cooler systems. Would definitely recommend cats to every one.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Went to see CATS with my family. I can not recommend the show enough, it was fantastic and well worth the ticket price, what I do object to is the rip of that ATG add on that is classed as a booking fee. A fee of 3.90 per ticket when you select your own ticket, collect your ticket at the box office and do all the work for them yet they claim that this is value for money...I think not and to add this on at the end and not advise prior to payment is very poor as I know they have been pulled up about this before. Makes what is a reasonable night a grude for paying them to book your own ticket.

5  Thank ColinQwerty
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Went to see Cats awesome show, kings theatre as a venue isn't as classy as you would expect or as the prices lead you to believe. To top it all off nearly chocked when I was charged £21.85 for a bottle of rosé which sells in the shops for around £5.00. Disappointing really....

2  Thank NandLPaisley
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We were at the theatre to watch Andrew Loyd Webber's "Cats" for my birthday on 18 September. We watched the first part of the show with no problems, but unfortunately for me, I took ill just as the second half was starting and was violently sick in the disabled toilets.

Obviously I was very embarrassed and still feeling below par, but the staff were brilliant about it. I insisted that I clean up the mess and when I was finished a member of staff asked if I was ok and seemed genuinely concerned.

To my fiancée and my amazement, the woman produced tickets for the evening show and suggested I rest and she looked forward to seeing us both later that night.

When we arrived at the theatre both members of staff greeted us and commented on how much better I now looked!!

Thank you Kings theatre, you're kindness and generosity were very much appreciated.

3  Thank Unicorn1966