“Brilliant theatre!”

King’s Theatre Glasgow
Ranked #61 of 293 things to do in Glasgow
Reviewed June 25, 2013

It's lovely, the interior is exactly what you expect and adds to the experience, although the bar is a bit pricey but then, so are most.

The seats are comfy and have brilliant views! Particularly in the stalls. Majority of the time I sit in stalls as they are the best seats but often in gallery. I have quite a few times had an upgrade from gallery to stalls free of charge.

Good location, easy to get to. Just 5min walk from charging cross/sauchiehall street and a ten min taxi ride from central station which costs £4.

Thoroughly recommend the theatre and will be back!

1  Thank georgiawx

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The show we went to see was Priscilla Queen of the Desert, it was a good night with a few nitpicks the sound quality was not that good, I don't know if it was because we were seated in the Gallery but I felt the sound dipped in places. The show was great, all the cast/characters were great but the ones that shone in my opinion were the characters of Felicia and Bernadette these two were amazing and fantastic well done! I have only ever seen the film so this was my first theatre visit. We were seated we did have problems viewing the stage if you got a tall person sitting in front of you, you were having to move left or right and this caused a problem also to the people behind you. We did have a group of ladies in front of us as the night progressed the got a bit more drunk and more chatty this did cause other folk to ask them to stop talking as I said previously the sound quality was not that good so you were missing out what the cast were saying. I would go to the Kings again but I would not sit in the gallery again tickets not cheap, paid well over 50.00 pounds for two and we got restricted viewing and not to great sound quality. All in all, night was good apart from the few nitpicks.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Three of us went to see Evita at the King's Theatre in Glasgow.
Seats were good and afforded an excellent view of the stage - we were in the middle of the fourth row in the front stalls.

The lighting and scenery were very good indeed.
However the quality of sound could have been much better.
There were a good few parts of the dialogue that we missed.

The costumes were excellent.

A good night out spoiled somewhat by the sound quality.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

staff here are very courteous. drinks are over priced. biggest disappointment no programmes of the show left. it is tired looking but the show was excellent. would I come again almost did book again for next year but the show I want to see is on at a theatre closer to home.

1  Thank michele g g
Reviewed May 30, 2013

i have been to a few plays and pantomines not far from city centre which costs less on travel as always an enjoyable experience