“Great - good food, good prices and not a chain”
Review of Cafe 13

Cafe 13
Ranked #494 of 2,552 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Please note that last food orders are as follows: Monday 5pm Tuesday - Friday 5.45pm Saturday 5pm
Reviewed July 4, 2013

It's been a long time since we were able to say there was somewhere decent to go in Govan, but finally it has arrived in the shape of Cafe 13.

With a bit of luck trip advisor will update the address, I have submitted the change.

When I first went in I was pleasantly surprised as on of the chefs use to produce some good food in town, and I remember chatting for hours about food and his ideas.

They do need to work on their cappuccino though, it's a bit latter wish.

Today we went in and ordered a Cajun chicken baguette, ham and cheese baton, carrot cake, Cappuccino and 3 cokes bill £12

The cajun chicken was yummy, fresh crispy baguette, loads of flavour and not too spicy. The s salads are very fresh.

The baton was huge with coleslaw and side salad and very tasty.

The carrot cake was nice, the drizzle of honey lifted it, will try this at home.

All in all very good, filling, tasty and good prices. Child friendly

Can't wait to try a breakfast roll, and we might even try for dinner one night.

Keep it up

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

This place is opposite Govan Subway Station.
First Class service from a blonde haired girl. Friendly and Glaswegian, can you ask for more.
I ordered Cheese burger, chips and Irn Bru to go. Once order was finished the young girl came rpund the counter and personally handed me my order in a brown gift paper bag all wrapped up inside.
The cheeseburger was superb (Honestly no jokes). The Chips were massive. (note to self) Get the small portion in future.
4/5 stars only because you forgot MA IRN BRU!!!!! :-)

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This cafe has now moved and is situated at Govan cross - literally across from the Underground Station. I was on my way to Glasgow and wanted a quick bite to eat before getting the subway to the City Centre, so decided to give the No 13 Cafe a try.
I had a cheese & ham toastie and a cappuccino (Lavazza) which came to around £4. Both were fine, but I do usually have Lavazza Coffee at Wetherspoons for around £1 (whereas it was £1.80 here, which is still good for a decent coffee compared to Costa/Starbucks and I'd rather encourage smaller more local cafes anyway!)
I did notice someone with French Toast & Bacon, which I would have loved, but I had already ordered!
The cafe itself has a good atmosphere in it, and it's obvious the customers are mostly local since the staff welcomed most of them by name which was good.
There are some wooden tables & chairs, and also some leather couches and a coffee table, as well as small kids chairs too, which is a nice wee touch.
I had to use their loo before leaving, and it was spotless. Ideal for wheelchair users too which I was pleased to see...
I can only hope that the locals will continue to use this wee gem so that it remains at the hub of the community...

1  Thank SuperPinny
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've been to this cafe quite a few times now and have never been disappointed. As a veggie who doesn't believe in paying the earth for a good lunch, Cafe 13 is perfect. Plenty of delicious options on the menu--not just the usual soup and sandwich you get for lunchtime in most places, or the limited cheese and onion, or cheese and veg, or cheese and onions options we veggies always seem to get; it's got plenty options for meat-eaters too--, good quality ingredients and very, very reasonable prices. The only minus is the size of the place (under 12 seats, I believe, which is why it has no loo just now). The cafe is moving premises soon, though, which will fix that--as long as everything else stays at the same high quality, I'll continue to be a regular customer.

1  Thank Shams A
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Just been on my first visit and just had the most wonderful hot steak and onion baguette. It's a great find and I'll definitely be going back for another visit. Tastefully furnished with a lovely little outside seating area. Definitely worth a visit for either sit in or take away.