“Very good evening meal with great service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Chophouse Brasserie and Bar - CLOSED

The Chophouse Brasserie and Bar
Cuisines: French, American, Steakhouse, British, Vietnamese, Scottish
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Chophouse Brasserie specialises in top quality Angus steaks. We are also famous for our “fall of the bone” baby-back ribs. We have a fine range of mouth-watering burgers. Our 2 course lunch at £7.95 is the best value home cooked menu in Glasgow. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Scotland
“Very good evening meal with great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband and I went to the Merchant Square for a quiet evening meal in good surroundings with atmosphere. We were not disappointed with the very efficient service, good quality food which was served hot and at a reasonable price. The portion sizes were good too - not enough room for pudding! We would recommend The Chophouse to anyone for great unfussy food in a friendly environment.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Newmiller
Starvin_Marvin79, General Manager at The Chophouse Brasserie and Bar, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Newmiller,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant.

I am very pleased you and your husband enjoyed your evening. It a a great testament to what we are trying to achieve here at the Chophouse when you mention efficient service, well portioned quality food and a reasonably priced menu; all of our core values.

I recommend leaving room for dessert next time, the sticky toffee pudding is to die for (if I do say so myself).

I look forward to welcoming you back into the restaurant again.

Kind regards,

Barry Clark - General Manager

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I only visited here for the first time on Wednesday, food was delicious, (courtesy of the NEW & BEST chef Richard), staff where very pleasant and attentive and the atmosphere was very relaxed. Overall I really enjoyed my meal and will be going back for sure.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank nikki w
Strathaven, United Kingdom
“5pm deal of the day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

2 sirloin steaks with maris piper chips for £15. The deal also included two glasses of house wine which was extremely pallatable. Great value

Visited March 2013
3 Thank Stewart M
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Average at best, not worth the money.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We visited for lunch on a Tuesday afternoon. The place was pretty quiet which was to be expected.

We opted for the 2 course lunch for 7.95 which seemed ok.

I had fish cakes while my fiancé had ribs. My fish cake was very greasy and the grease had soaked into the potato leaving the texture very mushy. Her ribs were very fatty and we struggled to find a decent bit of meat.

We both ordered steaks for our mains which we had to pay a supplement for. The steaks were nice bit served on a cold plate so they didn't stay warm for long.

We decided to add a couple of desserts which cost almost a fiver each. My pudding was ok and her sticky toffee pudding was a bit dry. Both puddings could have done with more sauce.

When the bill came I was shocked! £41 for 3 course and 2 drinks each. It seems ok on the face of it but then I realise that my 2pints of Tennents cost almost £8. We were almost £16 for 4 drinks which is ridiculous.

I would probably eat here again but not until they reduce the drink prices!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Bazzah41,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant.

It is good to see a very fair and balanced review of our products though I must admit to being disappointed regarding the quality of food you received. Here at the Chophouse it is my objective to provide quality, reasonably priced food in a comfortable and friendly atmosphere and it seems like we didn't quite meet our goals on this occasion.

May I enquire if you mentioned to a member of my team that your food was not up to the standard you expected? All of my staff have been trained to come to me or another manager whenever a dish is not up to expectation and I would have moved mountains to ensure your replacement dishes were of the standard that we strive to achieve here and I will not patronise you with an excuse for a cold plate because quite simply, there isn't one!

In reply to specific items you mentioned may I say;

Our desserts on the lunch menu are priced at £3.50 each, not including the cheeseboard.
Our pints of Tennents are priced according to our locality and competitors in the area and although at £3.95 they are certainly more expensive than a local bar etc we are cheaper than other restaurants in the area.

I am pleased that you would choose to eat here again though I request that instead of waiting till we reduce our drink prices, call me at the restaurant, book another table and I will happily buy you and your partner a drink as recompense for your last visit.

I can be contacted at the business on 0141 552 4200 or by email; reservations@thechophousebrasserie.co.uk

I look forward to welcoming you back to the restaurant at a later date.

Kind regards,

Barry Clark - General Manager
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If there was a 10 button instead of 5 for all aspects id pick them all.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

me and my friend went in by pure chance on a friday night. It was very busy but the staff were very accomodating. We sat outside in the square which is a great option. The atmosphere was great and staff amazing. Now we come to the food. We both had starters, camembert and pate oooooft.... Amazing again. I then had the biggest steak which was cooked to perfection and my friend had a starter but in a main course size ( he asked the server and she checked with chef.. If u dont ask u dont get) portion was huge. And also he said it was amazimg. We then were fit to burst so waited 15 mins before ordering sweets (yeah greedy i know but menu looked great) i had the cheese board which again great portion. And my friend had the sticky toffee pudd yummy. Overall for a chance meeting between us and the chophouse brasserie we were very impressed. Service, food and drinks..... Amazaballlllsss. Will defo be back with the troops thank you.