“Tasty food spoiled by price and restaurant experience” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Verona

Verona
Ranked #209 of 2,386 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Glasgow
“Tasty food spoiled by price and restaurant experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

A spur-of-the-moment visit with a friend as we were passing on a Tuesday night. The restaurant was pretty much empty, but that didn't mean our service was quick. On the contrary, the waiter took a very long time to take our orders and the food service was even slower.

My friend just had a bowl of soup, which she enjoyed although was too big for her, and I had the 4 cheese ravioloni. It tasted excellent but the portion size was far too small, and I ended up finishing the rest of the soup too.

The soup price was reasonable at just under £4 but the pasta at £10 was nowhere near worth the price.

After waiting a long time for the waiter to bring us the bill, we paid and made a quick exit. As other reviewers have said, Glasgow is full of Italian restaurants; there are ones a lot better than this one.

1 Thank ieatyourcake

Belper, United Kingdom
“Very good Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

Even though I had an issue with my dish, the staff tried to sort out and in the end sorted it out in the bill.

The seating is excellent, we had a window seat. The restaurant made a half portion for my daughter, all the food was obviously prepared fresh.

Would use again.

3 Thank Bangkokram
Larkhall, United Kingdom
“Verona Italian resteraunts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very good Italian food have been at least 5 times the calzone pizza & lasagne are my favourites,but it is all very good & the staff are very friendly

3 Thank Rangersno51
“Be back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Was there on Wednesday and Omg I was well pleased,
I had pate to start plenty on it
For main the chicken and peppercorn sauce with rice and it was mmmm
And I was greedy I had profiteroles and Omg best ever choc filled and a mellow type top I think and cream I wanted more my friend enjoyed his meal also gd price for lunchtime I will be.back again and again
Keep it up

3 Thank Yvonne M
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

After looking at the menu many times in passing and looking in at the beautiful restaurant, my partner and I decided to finally give Verona a chance. The verdict -average. Food was okay, service was okay. Nothing particularly bad but just not that good either. There are much better Italian restaurants in Glasgow to try.

Visited November 2013