“Disappointed”
Review of Clockwork Beer Co

Clockwork Beer Co
Ranked #857 of 2,543 Restaurants in Glasgow
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Clockwork Beer Co is one of only a handful of pubs in Glasgow to have its own microbrewery on the premises making Clockwork one of the most interesting places to eat in Glasgow. Great for a working lunch, afternoon coffee with a friend or -of course- for a beer in the evening.
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The Clockwork Beer Co has always been a favourite of our family so we were there last week for a meal. We were disappointed. The menu was rather limited. However what we had was pleasant for bar food. Service was ok but slow and not as caring as the previous evening at the Ashoka Southside. The background music was far to loud to enable conversation. One of the diners sat with a piece of napkin in her ears. I'm afraid I wouldn't rush back.

1  Thank Pollyanna21
Clock W, Manager at Clockwork Beer Co, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Pollyanna21 I'm very sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience last time you came to the Clockwork. Your comments have most certainly been taken on board. We have recently had a refurb and a new menu I hope you can make it in to try the new menu and see the great new look we have!

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I came for a meal after being told by a friend that it was a nice local bar with a good beer garden.

Unfortunately it rained when I was there so couldn't use the garden, although it did look nice - if not a little messy with ashtrays on the ground and not on tables.

When I went into the clockwork I decided not to sit in the restaurant as just wanted drinks and a bowl of chips to pick at. It was okay to sit outside of the formal restaurant.

Ordering at the bar was a bit of a hassle and to be honest the portion of chips was relatively small. The wine glass was dirty and the bar tender had to go through a few glasses before selecting a clean one - not the best to see as a customer but hey.

The staff were lovely, my friend who drinks in there sometimes told me one of their names - I think it was Andy.

It was an alright bar but I wouldn't rant and rave about it. Okay for a quick pint/glass of wine I guess.

There were jokes getting flung between bar staff and regulars which was nice to see and certainly made me feel comfortable.

My friend has since been back and it was her response from an incident the other week that has made me post a review.

As I said she drinks occasionally in the clockwork bar and was a witness what I believe it being referred to below.

The group of young people were, in my friends eyes, enjoying a night and having "banter".

I hope they return to the clockwork and continue to enjoy their nights out.

However, overall I would pop in to clockwork on the odd occasion but don't think it recommend as a food outlet.

Clock W, Manager at Clockwork Beer Co, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Thanks for your review, I've taken a note of your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know & I can assure you this is not the norm for Clockwork.

Hopefully the weather will improve soon & you'll have the chance to enjoy the sun in our beer garden.

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Have been drinking here for a number of years and seen managers come and go I think the new manager has had a tough time as there has not been a management structure there for a few of those years and it will take time to sort it out I have had complaints my self with the service I have had shall and will continue to go here

Clock W, Manager at Clockwork Beer Co, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thanks for your support Andy. It's always a pleasure to have you in

Reviewed April 28, 2014

The Clockwork Beer Co is a large pub which serves pub grub and has a wide selection of beers available (as you would expect from a pub with its own microbrewery). We visited on a Saturday afternoon and the pub was very busy with families visiting an event being held there but the wait at the bar wasn't particularly long. The staff were polite and there's plenty of seating. There didn't seem to be many toilet facilities for an establishment of this size.

1  Thank JSW2014

Thanks for your review, we are very proud of our microbrewery so it's fantastic to hear someone mention it.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

As a regular of the clockwork I want to know what has happened!? The pub used to a great place to drink with a good atmosphere. All of a sudden a new manager comes in and it changes. (Not the first time this has happened) Firstly I feel she is disrespectful to customers. And secondly I am shocked that a group of regulars can be barred for no reason other than associating with an ex member of staff. It has been made clear the new manager has an issue with this ex member of staff. However they are a paying customer that should be treated equally and fairly. I feel the new managers behaviour is shocking

5  Thank Jmurfs