“Great food and wine but rude bartender remains”
Review of The Finnieston

The Finnieston
Ranked #252 of 2,430 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Great food and wine but rude bartender remains”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I visited with a work colleague last week, I have been before and was keen to return. The food and wine was great, although we had booked for 8pm the restaurant was running late as loads of people eating prior to seeing Beyoncé, no worries we got a drink, the wine list is great however when I asked one of the staff when our table would be ready at 8:25 he was extremely rude and sarcastic. Let me say at this point, the food was great and both the waiter and the waitress that looked after us were really great however having 1 rogue very rude employee needs to be addressed. He laid our table following the eventual exit of the people before us, maybe he should stay back of house rather than being released on the public who at least deserve the courtesy provided by the rest of the great staff

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Vicky A

• Thai first
“Great Place to meet for a drink”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Did'nt have time for a meal just meeting friends for a drink, great pub atmosphere, decent prices. Bar tender gave me a menu for their Fine Dining event on December 12th, unfortunately I was back in Canada otherwise would have booked. Langoustine Bisque, Pan-Fried duck legs, Duck Fois Gras, Pan Fired Sweetbreads, Sole Meuniere, Crepe Suzettes and a Trio of cocktail Sorbets each course paired with bubbles from Moet Hennessey. Sounds like my kind of heaven !!Next time I am back in Glasgow will definitely eat here !!

• Visited November 2013
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“A Fantastic place for Food and Drink.”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Really impressed - I'd happily go back again for a Meal.
Great Beers - Fresh and Crispy.
I had a Steak and it was good.

• Visited February 2014
scotland
“Nice food does what I says on the tin”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Been twice now and ate both times, nice selection of gins which hit the spot. Food was good on both occasions my only criticism is maybe a bit too pricey! I will no doubt eat here again as it's location if attending the hydro is great but please book as it's busy.

• Visited February 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Awful Bartender!”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Terrible bartender on a Saturday night who thought it was acceptable to laugh at customers with friends who were sitting at the bar and refused to hand out straws! After a poor experience with food previously and then this, I will not be back.

Visited January 2014