“Enjoyable Lunch”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely lunch here. Both opted for the fish and chips which was well presented and tasted great. Good portions. Good choice of wine and beer. Tables not too crammed in. Service was friendly and polite. Will return!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had been planning to try The Finnieston for a while, as it has such a varied seafood menu. We finally went early on a Sunday evening, at about 5pm, and were impressed with the decor, atmosphere and choice of drinks.

However, it was all downhill from there. The only seafood available was salmon or smoked haddock. No Oysters, Bouillabaisse, Prawns, or Mussels. We were also told that their traditional Fish 'n' Chips was off the menu, only to find out that is was available, but only to customers who had an internet voucher (from Groupon or one of those sites). It is a rather strange business model, knocking back customers who are going to pay full price, in order to accommodate those with discount coupons...good luck with that lasting!

Anyway, the smoked haddock and duck egg was very nice, but didn't make up for the disappointing lack of choice. It is rather telling that another seafood restaurant in the area, Crabshakk, was far busier than here.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Went to this bar this afternoon after purchasing an itison voucher which entitled me and my partner to finest catch fish and triple cooked chips ,tartar sauce and pea compote and a jar of pickles for 2.What came to the table was the smallest portion of fish i have ever been served potato wedges and tartar sauce had to ask for the pea compote which arrived when we were nearly finished as for the pickles we are still waiting must have got lost with the other half of the fish.All and all very disappointing wont be back.What a ripoff.

1  Thank MARTIN J
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Went in here after hearing positive comments from some friends, so after we walked into the front door we were seated immediately as it wasn't very busy at all. The Waitress came over to the table and gave us the menu then proceeded to tell us that most of their food was unavailable which was slightly to my surprise even just after Hogmanay. I thought maybe they shouldn't really open if they cant cater for customers. I ordered haggis croquettes which considering it came to £7 i thought it would be a pretty substantial starter, how wrong I was. I ordered it to share and when it came it seemed like it would be finished in one bite certainly not worth £7! so this pretty much ruined the rest of the experience. Having said that my hake was cooked very well and the beer batter was perfectly crispy. If i was to give them any feedback at all i would say that they need to rethink the price structure for starters.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

FANTASTIC FISH - IMAGINATIVE DISHES

I have been to this restaurant 3 times now. The chef even comes out to my table to see how things are (John). Time and time again i have an amazing time @ The Finnieston. The fish is as fresh as you can get and the presentation and imagination that goes into the dishes is simply inspiring.
The staff are all very well trained and very attentive and the cocktail and wine lists..... well, get me drunk all to often.
The Place is Definately worth a visit if you are in Glasgows west end.

1  Thank Mark L