“Good food, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Finnieston

The Finnieston
Ranked #311 of 2,393 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Good food, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Can really recommend The Finnieston... Menu had lots of interesting options and the staff were fantastic.

glasgow
“bit of a tight squeeze”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

My partner and i booked into this restaurant for a birthday meal.At first glance it is a nicely designed well lit small specialist restaurant for the "new west end".On arrival we were greeted by friendly and welcoming staff and shown to our booked window table.BEWARE I am only slightly rotund(between overweight and clinically obese) and i could not fit into the table as the distance between seat and table was too tight and as table and seating were both fixed there was no adjustment.What an embarrasment if two really overweiht people had arrived and not fitted in to the seating.I changed seats with my partner and just made it with my belly tight against the table.If a fire had occurred i would have to have been unwedged.This is a classic case of design from outside in which is a pity as mostly this is a small restaurant with terrific atmosphere.
The food was well presented and the 32 day aged ayrshire gold steak was tender and excellent with a mushroom assortment topping.My fish wasokay but the batter was not crisp.and the fish was slightly overcooked
The bar was busy with a 25 to 40 year old age group who seemed to be enjoying the atmosphere.
We had a bottle of wild boar rose ( winner of decanter wine magazine top wine award) which was excellent.
The bill for two was £65

Scotland uk
“Poor Value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Three of us visited this restaurant on a Tuesday evening. My two friends wanted to try the half lobster. They were disappointed and hungry afterwards. I had the fish with two sides priced at £15. Had the steak been a similar price I would have preferred to have that. However the steak was ridiculously priced at £25 so I stuck with the fish which was okay. The cheapest wine was £18 a bottle, I had a glass which was not particularly good and also not chilled the way it should be. Service also pretty slow. Nice looking restaurant but both food and wine too expensive for what they serve.

Tokyo, Japan
“great - will visit again in the very near future”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

The Finnieston was recommended to us by the landlord of our condominium.
After shaking off our jetlag we ventured there not knowing what to expect.
Started off with a pint of stout which was great.
Then oysters. The oysters were so great that we ordered extras.
Then the mussels, lobster, brown crab, deep fried hake with bottlesof white wine.
Ending our feast with a glass of whisky.
The service was slightly slow in taking our orders
but perhaps we were too shy to catch her attention.
The bar man knew his score.
Nice decor.
The seating was slightly crammed on the down-side.
But a great restaurant and will visit again in the near future.

1 Thank fortysomethingmale
Canada
“Excellent seafood in a pub.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Pub atmosphere, menu is all seafood. Food was excellent. We nearly all ordered fish and chips, but this was 'the good stuff'. The fish wasn't haddock or cod, it was a choice of the market fresh fish of the day, either salmon, or hake, brill, etc. The chips were hand cut, and the dish also came with a small jar with a couple of pickled onions and a dill pickle. It was delicious.
I ordered the 'fresh oysters' for 2 GBP; I was wondering how fresh oysters could be only 2 GBP. Turns out, the appetizer should be called 'fresh oyster', not 'fresh oysters', as the dish is a solitary fresh oyster. It was good, but still, if I want fresh oysters for an appetizer then I want more than one...

• Visited August 2012