“Good Value”

Cafe Dijon
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Visited yesterday for Afternoon Tea on a Groupon or Itison deal. Sandwiches (+ crusts) & cakes were delicious. Yes, the cucumber wasn't peeled & chunky but we all need a bit of roughage! Scones & cakes were 'petit' but yummy & plenty enough for Afternoon Tea. Good range of teas.The cafe was very busy & the only assistant had a lot on his plate, so getting his attention for refills of hot water was a wee bit difficult. When he had time to breath he was very pleasant. Someone mentioned the cleanliness of the toilets. Only the edges of the floor caught my eye, everything else was fine. All in all a very pleasant outing. Not the fanciest cafe in Glasgow but If I see the offer again I would consider going back, what more can I say?

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We recently visited cafe dijon using a groupon voucher for afternoon tea .Cafe Dijon is a lovely cafe not far off Great Western Road in Glasgow and what a lovely cafe this is with a good selection of sandwiches scones and cakes .The staff were nice and the service was quick. throughly enjoyable and id definitely recommend Cafe Dijon for afternoon tea .

Reviewed June 15, 2013

loved our afternoon tea on a groupon voucher for 2 11.50£
we had choice of tea coffee or hot chocolate with cream.
lovely little cakes and lovely scones with cream and jam all handmade and freshly baked.
The sandwiches were nice too just one sandwich filling was less of my taste.
My only complaint isn't the service or food and drinks but the toilets.. all three of them were either dirty or not working properly or left untidy.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I recently purchased a Groupon afternoon tea deal for a friend and myself.
The first thing I would say is the café looks nothing like the website picture, also the afternoon tea was nothing like the picture either.
Nothing fancy or special about it as you would expect ( and I have experienced before in other establishments.)
The sandwiches were take it or leave it, no choice. I stated I disliked one of the fillings and was told there were others on the plate I could eat. I asked for an alternative and was told I couldn't change it.
Cakes were not mini, more like very tiny, one bite cakes. two bites max if you were trying to be posh.
Scones were lovely but again very small.
Was not a deal, only worth price paid. would not go back.
For a lovely afternoon tea with choice of sandwich fillings and full size scone and cakes ( lovely strawberry tarts and fresh cream meringue , all served by friendly staff and on a reserved table with white linen table cover, head to Dobbies at Braehead.I got two for price of one. Great value.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

An ant problem, along with an attitude problem!

The floor had white powder on it which we overheard another customer asking about. We heard the female staff member admit with very bad grace that it was insecticide powder due to an infestation of ants, she didn't make any sort of apology at all. The lady who had asked about the insecticide actually had to ask for the powder to be cleaned up instead of the staff clearing it up right away. We noticed that the same staff member didn't wear gloves to deal with the insecticide and failed to change her food preparation apron afterwards. I also saw her glaring over at the lady and her friends afterwards.

After that experience, I won't be returning.

2  Thank travelview
Craig H, Owner at Cafe Dijon, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Travel View, I am sorry that you did not have a good experience in our cafe.
At the end of May we did have an issue with some Ants coming through the front door, but never in the kitchen. We were advised to use a particular powder which is food safe and whilst the team should have first of all ensured that it was discreetly applied and definitely not during service.
Customer service is paramount to me and I will highlight your comments to the team for reflection.
I do hope you come and let us make it up to you. Craig