“Poor spa(not really a spa) , dated facilities, DISGUSTING management however lovely therapists and amazing treatments”
Review of The Ocean Rooms Spa Glasgow - CLOSED

The Ocean Rooms Spa Glasgow
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Welcome to The Ocean Rooms Spa Glasgow. We look forward to providing you with a wonderful spa experience whether it be to relax, rejuvenate or invigorate. View our website for our varied and complete treatment menu. Please sign up for our daily Newsletter for the latest information on our seasonal and themed treatments for girls groups, men only and lots more. Signing up will ensure you have all the latest info on treatments, prices and offers. You will find a Newsletter pop-up subscription form as soon as you visit our website.
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I came to the ocean rooms spa with two friends as a birthday present. We were all looking forward to a relaxing day together away from the kids. When we arrived we filled in forms at the main spa reception which felt a bit intimidation and uncomfortable due to a dark haired women called Emma i believe, who i can only assume was the boss intimidating and being rude to her staff. We were taking down to the spa to be welcomed by our 3 lovely therapists. The girls were very polite and made us feel welcome, offered us a glass of water and some magazines. We sat for 5 minutes before being taking through to our treatment rooms, however I was shocked to see some poorly decorated and NOISEY rooms around a public pool( not really a spa) and not really the standard you would expect from a spa within a 5star hotel! Was a bit sceptic of how the treatments would be after seeing this but i cant complain as they were definitely 5 star level, even though i could hear children playing in the "spa" pool I was still able to half relax. I had the back, neck and shoulder massage and a facial which was amazing. I felt sorry for my therapist as she looked embarrassed about the noise but remain very professional. My friends loved their treatment also. After using the dated and not so relaxing facilities we went back up to the main reception to pay. The dark haired women was still there and therapists looked uncomfortable. We could see and hear her speak to the girls SHOCKINGLY through the glass door, when we entered the reception she went quiet and stood behind a cupboard. My friends and I are reporting this to a higher authority out with the hotel. As a business owner myself I would never dream of de minimising my staff and BULLYING should not be tolerated especially in the working environment. The girls who work here are a credit to the spa. Would love to have the same treatments from the same therapists just not at this spa!!!!

4  Thank CarolineDx

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I bought four spa day deals from Wowcher in December and called to book this for myself and my friends as soon as the codes were available. I booked in a Saturday we were all available as my friend was going to try on wedding dresses that day and would be moving to London shortly after. We turned up to be told we had been booked in for the day before by mistake and they could not take us. The spa was staffed with very young females and seemed highly unprofessional. We got to use the facilities which were quite dated and neglected and when leaving the hair dryers did not work so we left with wet hair. On the way out we questioned this with the gentleman at the desk to be rudely told that they would have overheated although no one was using them before us! In short, save yourself the agro of going here. It was supposed to be relaxing but caused nothing but stress! For the same money I have been to much nicer spas.

3  Thank Ashley2808
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Was treated to a spa day by my lovely boyfriend for christmas, we had an excellent time. The staff where fantastic and made us feel really welcome. We had booked in for the half day spa package and felt completly pampered from head to toe, The massage was amazing and I am actually a massage therapist myself and was suprised and how amazing it was. The facilities are basic but I really enjoyed the jacuzzi.

Overall a great day out, Lunch was also amazing at the bar, will be back soon hopefully for my birthday :)

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Had a deep tissue massage which was brilliant. It covered the back, neck and shoulders. Very relaxing and would highly recommend.

Also had a facial. They used Elemis products. Skin felt good afterwards.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Early in December 2012 I booked 2 x Luxury Champagne Pedicure
treatments and 1 x Luxury Champagne Manicure treatment at the Elemis
Spa, Glasgow Hilton for 3 p.m. on 23rd December 2012.

After the treatments my daughter and I were unhappy about a number of
points and attempted to complain direct to the Spa and also to the Hilton
Hotel.
I telephoned the Spa twice on 24th December and again today 28th
December.

My daughter visited the Spa to allow her nails to be inspected but
despite a telephone call informing them she would do so she could not
see anyone in authority and only managed to show them to a very
uninterested young girl who was manning reception. I also called the
Hilton hotel and spoke with their Duty Manager. She did return
my call but was unable to help. She promised to call me again on 27th
December however did not do so however in fairness she has contacted me since as has one of her assistants and they have made attempts to help even though the Spa is only a franchise within the hotel.

Despite many promises I have still not had a call from anyone from the
Spa and it is now 9 p.m. on 3rd January 2013.

My complaints are:

1. If a treatment is described as being able to be enjoyed with a glass of Champagne then visiting a bar afterward wearing flip flops etc. is unacceptabe. This also would extend the treatment time - time we did not have. There was no point in choosing three Champagne treatments if the Champagne could not be provided with the treatment.

2. At 8 p.m. that evening my daughter knelt on the carpet and when she got up her toenails were badly smudged. Either the nail polish was put on too thickly or it was old and not drying properly.

3. My daughter had the manicure and her fingernails were badly bubbled.

4. My toenails also smudged.

5. When we explained we would not be sitting in the bar to have Champagne and asked to pay just for the Luxury Pedicures and Luxury Manicure I was overcharged as a deduction was only made for 2 glasses of Champagne when 3 treatments were booked.

6. Service has been unacceptable. Call-back promised from Stacey within 30 mins of my original call at 10.15 a.m. 24th December. Call back then promised again after I called in the late afternoon. No one in authority would speak with my daughter when she visited on 24th December. I called yet againon 28th December and been promised a call back which never materialised.

The Elemis Spa have been given every chance to inspect their botched work and to communicate with me without success.

I am now attempting to get a full refund of my £114 which was a complete waste of money.

4  Thank Sweetmaker