“excellent value and great customer service”
Review of The Ocean Rooms Spa Glasgow - CLOSED

The Ocean Rooms Spa Glasgow
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Welcome to The Ocean Rooms Spa Glasgow. We look forward to providing you with a wonderful spa experience whether it be to relax, rejuvenate or invigorate. View our website for our varied and complete treatment menu. Please sign up for our daily Newsletter for the latest information on our seasonal and themed treatments for girls groups, men only and lots more. Signing up will ensure you have all the latest info on treatments, prices and offers. You will find a Newsletter pop-up subscription form as soon as you visit our website.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“excellent value and great customer service”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Was treated to a spa day by my lovely boyfriend for christmas, we had an excellent time. The staff where fantastic and made us feel really welcome. We had booked in for the half day spa package and felt completly pampered from head to toe, The massage was amazing and I am actually a massage therapist myself and was suprised and how amazing it was. The facilities are basic but I really enjoyed the jacuzzi.

Overall a great day out, Lunch was also amazing at the bar, will be back soon hopefully for my birthday :)

Visited January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“An absolutely relaxing and rejuvenating experience”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Had a deep tissue massage which was brilliant. It covered the back, neck and shoulders. Very relaxing and would highly recommend.

Also had a facial. They used Elemis products. Skin felt good afterwards.

Rome
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Dreadful experience at Elemis Spa”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Early in December 2012 I booked 2 x Luxury Champagne Pedicure
treatments and 1 x Luxury Champagne Manicure treatment at the Elemis
Spa, Glasgow Hilton for 3 p.m. on 23rd December 2012.

After the treatments my daughter and I were unhappy about a number of
points and attempted to complain direct to the Spa and also to the Hilton
Hotel.
I telephoned the Spa twice on 24th December and again today 28th
December.

My daughter visited the Spa to allow her nails to be inspected but
despite a telephone call informing them she would do so she could not
see anyone in authority and only managed to show them to a very
uninterested young girl who was manning reception. I also called the
Hilton hotel and spoke with their Duty Manager. She did return
my call but was unable to help. She promised to call me again on 27th
December however did not do so however in fairness she has contacted me since as has one of her assistants and they have made attempts to help even though the Spa is only a franchise within the hotel.

Despite many promises I have still not had a call from anyone from the
Spa and it is now 9 p.m. on 3rd January 2013.

My complaints are:

1. If a treatment is described as being able to be enjoyed with a glass of Champagne then visiting a bar afterward wearing flip flops etc. is unacceptabe. This also would extend the treatment time - time we did not have. There was no point in choosing three Champagne treatments if the Champagne could not be provided with the treatment.

2. At 8 p.m. that evening my daughter knelt on the carpet and when she got up her toenails were badly smudged. Either the nail polish was put on too thickly or it was old and not drying properly.

3. My daughter had the manicure and her fingernails were badly bubbled.

4. My toenails also smudged.

5. When we explained we would not be sitting in the bar to have Champagne and asked to pay just for the Luxury Pedicures and Luxury Manicure I was overcharged as a deduction was only made for 2 glasses of Champagne when 3 treatments were booked.

6. Service has been unacceptable. Call-back promised from Stacey within 30 mins of my original call at 10.15 a.m. 24th December. Call back then promised again after I called in the late afternoon. No one in authority would speak with my daughter when she visited on 24th December. I called yet againon 28th December and been promised a call back which never materialised.

The Elemis Spa have been given every chance to inspect their botched work and to communicate with me without success.

I am now attempting to get a full refund of my £114 which was a complete waste of money.

Visited December 2012
4 Thank Sweetmaker
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A great girlie day”
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Myself and 2 friends purchased Groupon deal and were slightly worried when we read earlier reviews. No need to be as we had a great day. We had 2 half hour treatments and the girls that done our massages and treatments were lovely. Total professionals from start to finish. The only downside was the changing rooms. No cubicles for privacy so we changed in toilet. A slight complaint but won't put us off returning again!

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Avoid at all costs!!!!!!”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Had a Itison voucher and was looking forward to my first Ocean Spa experience. Well, it's my first and last. The price list said my cut, blow dry and conditioning treatment would take 1hr 15mins, I was finished and out the door in less than 30!!!! Stylist not interested in my hair at all. Left with a lopsided hair do which I've had to get fixed. I did question her before I left but I was told it was because my hair was thicker on one side!!!!!
In saying all this, my afternoon tea later in the day was wonderful and I'd definately come back for that!!!!

Visited December 2012