“A gem! Just brilliant....”
Review of Sideways Glasgow - CLOSED

Sideways Glasgow
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Scottish, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sideways is an independent neighbourhood Bar and Eatery, serving quality food and drinks. Our space is relaxed and open with huge windows looking out to the front and our open kitchen to the rear.Our food is inspired by the heartwarming simplicity of traditional cooking, and inspired by our own experieinces around Europe. We strive to find the best ingredients possible to ensure that what we put on your plate is of the absolute best quality and flavour.Our wines are hand picked by us and are inspired by our own travels, with some diverse styles and flavours on offer. Our selection of beers and ciders are a clebration of the best that british independent brewers have to offer.Our coffee comes from a number of artisan roasteries around the UK, who all roast unique tasting blends from ethically sourced beans. And all our cakes are baked by us.*****We serve Breakfast, Lunch and Evening Meals Tuesday - SundayWe host Food/Drink events and tastingsGroup bookings and free private hire is available for up to 35 people any day of the weekWe can cater any type of event for you, no matter how big or smallWe will also deliver lunch orders to your office!
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

If I could give a '6' I would. This place is something extra.
The eggs are superb, deep yellow, free range and tasty. The waiter knew all about them too. The spicy Italian sausages are awesome. Kedgeree was classic and hit the spot. In fact my wife and I have been back again and again - we've brought family along too - and everything has been of the highest quality.
The staff are prompt and friendly, managing to find the time to talk with folk and keep the place going well.
It's good value too - I really think this is a gem!

3  Thank Dibblydowcus

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We went back to visit Sideways at the weekend to sample their new menu and were so impressed with the quality of food. I had the Fishcake to start followed by the sea bass which was delicious - beautifully fresh, tasty and really well presented. And we were delighted to see the Lamb Shank back on the menu, a really first class dish. All washed down with a lovely bottle of wine, again really good quality. Sideways has such a relaxed atmosphere and the staff are friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. We thoroughly enjoyed our food and after having a look at the Christmas menu decided to book a table for our family over the festive period.

2  Thank Karen M
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My daughter booked this restaurant for her graduation dinner - I had never been there.
The staff were very friendly and excellent with my 3 year old granddaughter. The ambience was relaxed and welcoming and the food was beautifully cooked, a good selection, with hearty portions.
I was very pleasantly surprised at the bill - great value.
A very special little restaurant in the West End.

2  Thank JoyceMay
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Re visited Sideways with my family after my daughter had graduated recently. We were greeted with fizz and the usual friendly staff, beautiful scallops, prawn pasta, crab cakes, pork belly, all greatly flavoured and so well presented, we continued with sweets to die for, cheese cake, cola chocolate cake and lovely pecan tart. The low lighting and candles are superb for a great laid back night. Keep up the hard work guys its all great thanks again. Just had a look at the Christmas menu and will be booking shortly it sounds great looking forward to it.

1  Thank JJJ1960
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Sideways is a great choice and is ideal for a quick working lunch through to a slap up evening meal. It has a great feel to it and the foot is fantastic.

2  Thank nkew