“Great wee restaurant”
Review of Sideways Glasgow - CLOSED

Sideways Glasgow
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Scottish, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Sideways is an independent neighbourhood Bar and Eatery, serving quality food and drinks. Our space is relaxed and open with huge windows looking out to the front and our open kitchen to the rear.Our food is inspired by the heartwarming simplicity of traditional cooking, and inspired by our own experieinces around Europe. We strive to find the best ingredients possible to ensure that what we put on your plate is of the absolute best quality and flavour.Our wines are hand picked by us and are inspired by our own travels, with some diverse styles and flavours on offer. Our selection of beers and ciders are a clebration of the best that british independent brewers have to offer.Our coffee comes from a number of artisan roasteries around the UK, who all roast unique tasting blends from ethically sourced beans. And all our cakes are baked by us.*****We serve Breakfast, Lunch and Evening Meals Tuesday - SundayWe host Food/Drink events and tastingsGroup bookings and free private hire is available for up to 35 people any day of the weekWe can cater any type of event for you, no matter how big or smallWe will also deliver lunch orders to your office!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great wee restaurant”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Went here yesterday for brunch/lunch and loved it. Really good home made food and fantastic service.

Can really recommend the cupcakes, I had a lemon meringue one which was awesome and just freshly made that morning. I also had eggs benedict and the eggs were the best eggs I had ever had!

You can tell the people that work here are really knowledgable and have a passion for food, which is really good to see.

Cant wait to go again for dinner!

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank Shmee682

Glasgow, Scotland
“Lovely Wee Place”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

What a fantastic brunch and a great find. A lot of attention and detail has gone in to create a bright and attractive restaurant. Food was outstanding as well. Great ingredients make all the difference. I had the breakfast, every item on the plate was a quality piece of produce cooked to perfection. A meaty and tasty Italian sausage, a sweet and juicy tomato and the black pudding was yummy. One of the best cooked breakfasts I can remember for quite some time, the only minor fault being it could have been slightly warmer. My wife had a smoked haddock omelette and that was great as well and packed full of haddock. The menu looked great as well for lunch and dinner with a nice selection of options. We will be back to try at a different time of day for sure! Even just for a coffee, there was a great selection of home made baking by the look of things. Just great all round.

Even the coffee was as good as anything I have tried in Glasgow. Added to this friendly and attentive service and this place deserves to do well, you can just see and taste the effort that has gone in here.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank PilotBoy72
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“afternoon tea”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I organised my friends baby shower here for afternoon tea on a saturday for my 15 people. The guys did a fantastic job at a really reasonable price. Nothing was too much trouble. The food was fresh and tasted amazing! We had a selection of sandwiches from the menu including fresh smoked salmon and homemake cakes. We werent able to eat all of the food but took alot of it back to the after party with us so the food really did keep us going all day. The table service was great as we went on a really hot day but always had a cold drink on the table. I would definately recommend visiting sideways!

• Visited June 2012
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Saturday Brunch was buzzing”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Came in to Sideways on Saturday afternoon for Brunch and was lucky to get a small table at the back next to the amazing wallpaper. Though busy the place had a great buzz about it and was an excellent rest bite from the rain and the upcoming hangover! My friend and I loved the relaxed atmosphere which happened to have an excellent soundtrack playing over the top. I believe when we were there it was 'Mogwai' my friend and I both had the breakfast which was excellent, consisting of all the classic ingredients with both poached and fried eggs. The Black pudding was delicious and the spicy Italian sausage was a great twist. All in all the service was excellent, the food was great and excellent value for money! I will be passing on my knowledge of this Glaswegian gem in a quiet part of town.

• Visited June 2012
“A gem for breakfast”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We called in for breakfast, with our young baby and were delighted to find an oasis of calm where we could sit down, enjoy well cooked high quality food and read the paper.
The place was not that busy when we visited which was great for us with a buggy as we could sit by the large windows and enjoy the morning sunshine.
Staff were very helpful and overall everything about the experience was a treat and stood out from the norm.
The menu was suitably diverse and the ingredients were clearly fresh, recommend to others.