“coffee and staff that will get a smile on your face”
Review of Smile Cafe

Smile Cafe
Ranked #160 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“coffee and staff that will get a smile on your face”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Although I have never had food at this place, the coffee is probably the best you'll be able to find in Glasgow. On top of that; the guys who run the place are the kindest. Always happy to have a chat with you and the most amazing thing is that they remember you and your favourite order. It is not in city centre, but well worth the walk!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“"il mio preferito!"”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Having this enclave of Italian culinary delights less than 100m away from my student flat is one of the greatest privileges of studying in Glasgow! It offers delizioso Italian snacks, amazing coffee beyond compare, and friendly chit-chat - all within a short stroll from the centre of Glasgow's West End. Grazie guys! (I now know how a REAL Cappuccino should be - con il 'SILKY' milk!)

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Nicest Café in the WestEnd”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I enjoyed a delicious lunch while sitting outside in the sun and being served by two friendly Italians. All food and drinks are either imported or home made while being competitively priced. The quality of the food is far superior to nearby Cafés (i.e. Greggs, Tesco, North Star Café, Fish& Chips/Kebab place...).
Yet this Café enjoys a peaceful, relaxing atmosphere much more enjoyable than the hustle and bustle of Bires Road's Cafés.
Whether you go to Smile Café to have a cup of coffee or pick up a sandwich you wish to eat in the adjacent botanical gardens, you will not be disappointed.

Rutherglen, United Kingdom
“Just a coffee but lovely ”
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Had a cappuccino here today the best in Glasgow yet and I drink coffee all over the city the best by far that I've tried in 15 years of living here :)

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Home is where the heart is”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I must admit I've always been very skeptical about "Italian" restaurants/bars in Glasgow. I've been in this city for 3 years, and had never enjoyed a great authentic Italian espresso or a warm tasty ciabatta (with authentic fresh Italian ingredients) until I walked into the Smile Cafè. I was surprised about the diversity of typical Italian products you can get there, including delicious home-baked ones. The atmosphere is magical, so friendly and genuine, the service so efficient! And the price/quality ratio is amazing too! I've never felt this much at home, while actually being so physically distant from home. I can finally enjoy a proper uplifting espresso whenever I feel like it, combined with loads of laughs. If I had to decide what my favourite thing in Smile Cafè was, I would really srtuggle.. panini, coffe, gelato, everything I tried so far has been great! And I always end up spending at least 15 mins trying to choose what to order -poor Rocco and Santino, may their patience be blessed!-. So let them give you a warm welcome, I promise you won't regret it!

• Visited May 2014