“French food at reasonable price”
Review of Le Bistro Beaumartin - CLOSED

Le Bistro Beaumartin
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I went to Le Bistro Beaumartin with my husband for the first time last Saturday (15/02/14). We were there for Lunch. We were not sure at first as the restaurant from outside looked closed ; when we came in, there were no customers... My husband and I looked at each other wondering if we made a good choice to come here for lunch... Don't run away!!! It gets better afterwards!

The staff is really nice, the food was really good quality and good portions. I had the vegetarian option (stuffed aubergine) and it was really nice. My husband had steak/frites and enjoyed it as well. We had a Fondant au Chocolat and Creme Brulee for desert.

There were more people in the restautant from 1pm. Maybe we were a bit early at 12.30pm sharp!

Overall, it is a really nice bistro, it is not posh but this is not what it is about. Maybe the atmospehere is not the best, a bit cold but it might be different for dinner. We will definitely try it for dinner next time.

There are newer reviews for Le Bistro Beaumartin

Reviewed February 14, 2014

From the moment we walked in to the moment we left, the Beaumartin was a beautiful valentines experience. Service was attentive and friendly but not overbearing, and it felt very much like the staff were pleased to see us, which you don't always find in some places. I had the baked goats cheese which was divine, my boyfriend had the broccoli and Roquefort soup, which was so nice it gave me food envy! We both had fillet steak, which we both agreed was cooked to absolute perfection, and the dauphinoise potatoes were to die for. There was a magician doing a show, which was ok, but unusual for valentines day (I think a vocalist would have been better) we didn't really feel he added much to the night, but nothing could take away from the food, and the wonderful service. Thank you Beaumartin, we shall be back! X

Reviewed February 8, 2014

My first visit to Bistro Beaumartin during a short visit to Glasgow, was for dinner with a friend on Thursday 6 February before a concert. The first thing that struck me was the style of the bistro, I had expected a more rustic look ie typical French bistro,, but was pleasantly surprised by the chic but relaxed mood. We were shown to our tables by the friendly, polite waiter. Water and delicious bread appeared quickly. I enjoy duck and looked for confit on the menu. The waiter recommended the shepherds pie style confit of duck,shredded off the bone and my friend had the rabbit. I thoroughly enjoyed the dish, it was succulent and very flavoursome and I commend the chef for presenting it in such an interesting way. I also tried the rabbit , and it was spectacular! Incredibly tasty and I will be having that next time.
But the highlight of the night for me was the pudding, a creme brûlée that was beyond divine, I didn't want ever to come to the bottom of the dish. The flavour was sheer perfection and and I would thoroughly recommend it.
We enjoyed our dinner so much that we returned next day for a quick lunch before our train home. I had the open sandwich of ratatouille and poached egg with sauté potatoes. It's not a combination that I would normally try but I felt adventurous and it didn't disappoint. Utterly scrumptious and very reasonably priced.
I shall be recommending the Bistro Beaumartin to my friends when they are next visiting Glasgow.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

A refreshing Beaujolais for aperitif drinking bode well.It went down hill rapidly after that!
My rabbit in mustard sauce was tasteless especially of mustard.9The food was hot, the plate cold) My wife's confit did not look as it did when we lived in France but we assumed the chef has his own take on the recipe. It turned out to be a totally different dish whch they eventually took off the bill.
Fresh bread is usual in French restaurants. Here there was none until we asked for some which when it arrived was stale factory sliced brown suitable for onion soup.
It was easy to see why there were only two other customers on a Friday lunchtime in the heart of the businees area of this busy city.

2  Thank Tony S
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

As title says this restaurant is one of my regular haunts whem Im in glasgow as their is not a dish on the menu I dont like or wouldnt recommend. The snails in garlic butter are amazing and make a great starter or even on their own as a quick lunch. A newly addition to the menu is breast of chicken fillet with a creamy mushroom dressing served with steamed rice and olives which has now become my favourite dish since another similar dish being remived from the menu due to not being economicaly viable for the running of the kitchen. I am even going to attempt to make the dish myself it was that good. I always find the service pleasurable as Andrew the chef is always on hand to offer advice on recipies and to give tips while Steven on front of house makes sure your time at the restaurant is as nice as possible. Richard the owner also makes sure your looked after and dosent forget his regulars like so many other restaurants seem to do now. Its nice to see such teamwork. Definately the place to go for any budding Francophile looking for reasonably priced French grub.