“Amazing stay at the Euro Hostel right downtown Glasgow”

Euro Hostel Glasgow
Ranked #15 of 48 Specialty Lodging in Glasgow
Toronto
“Amazing stay at the Euro Hostel right downtown Glasgow”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I had a great time at the Euro hostel in Glasgow. The service was incredible. The staff are very friendly, and were willing to help me with any questions I had. The rooms are very clean and fairly spacious for hostel dorms. The showers tended to leak a little bit onto the floor, but that was a very minor issue, and the only one I had while at the hostel. It's a large hostel, but it felt fairly personal and I met people easily. The breakfast was great. I would stay there again in a second.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Rosanna B, General Manager at Euro Hostel Glasgow, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Hi IswToronto, thanks for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. It is wonderful to read that you found the service we provide incredible, staff friendly and rooms very clean. It is also great to see that you met people easily whilst staying here as this is an important factor for travellers/backpackers. Looking forward to see you again soon. Thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2014

The best thing about this hostel is the location. It's like 2 minutes walk from Central Station. I stayed in a 12-bed dorm (if I remember rightly). Relatively clean, fresh bedding. The main lift to the floors was out of order so we had to use the service elevator which took forever to arrive. Decent bar downstairs that serves cheap food. Not too crowded as others have said but maybe that was because I stayed on a Wednesday.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Rosanna B, General Manager at Euro Hostel Glasgow, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Hi Max_Henchliffe, thanks for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you had a good stay and found your room clean with fresh bedding. My apologies for the Elevator issue you had however please be assured that we are working very hard on this matter as our lifts are currently being renovated. I do hope we can welcome you back again soon!
glasgow
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights recently in a private room. The room was basic, as you would expect for the price, but comfortable enough for £20 a night. Both nights the room was cold but just about bearable.

My main issue was the noise from the room next to me. It sounded like they were having a great party until the wee hours. I just had a terrible nights sleep. They didn't answer my knocking on their door and I couldn't face trekking down the stairs (lifts out of order) to the reception to ask if they could try getting them to be quiet. I had a terrible night as a result and felt like I had barely slept a wink :-(

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Rosanna B, General Manager at Euro Hostel Glasgow, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Hi Kaspoodle, Thanks for your recent review. I am sorry to read that you had a disturbed sleep whilst you were staying with us, we so try our best to ensure noise levels are kept to a minimum so that guests are not disturbed. I am delighted that you found the room to be comfortable and the price very reasonable and hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.
Swords, Ireland
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

This is one of this classic huge multi floor hostels that welcomes a lot of people. This can be a plus for someone but surely not for us. The lifts were not working even if they let you use the scary service lift. We decided to get the private room which for some reason was cheaper then the dorm. It was a good call and I would suggest anyone interested in this accommodation to get the private. Room was not great, kinda dated, not very clean but we got linens and towels for as little as 12 pounds. Beside this huge place, not very clean, very loud and not very well equipped kitchen. Won't stay again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Rosanna B, General Manager at Euro Hostel Glasgow, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Hi Branca90, thanks for your recent review of Euro Hostel Glasgow. I am sorry to read that you did not have an enjoyable time with us. We do currently have major lift renovations going on which should be completed very soon.
I am glad that you enjoyed your private room price and hope that we can change your mind to welcome you back when the lifts are completed. Thanks
Reviewed February 9, 2014

On arrival the staff where good and checked us in. Unfortunately the lifts didn't work so we had to us the service lift. I would advise Not to use this lift. Felt so dangerous, wobbly. Looks like something from the 40's! Scary! Anyway... Room was a complete dump. Stains on the floor - rusty shower - toilet leaked and over all not clean. Ashame because the place does have potential. Covers, pillows and mattress did not have sheets on them. We had to put them on outselves. I do have to admit the price was great! Only £10 per person so can't moan to much. I would just say it really need some TLC, make over and more than anything a really good scrub and a clean!

• Stayed February 2014
Rosanna B, General Manager at Euro Hostel Glasgow, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Hi Megzst, thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Thanks for pointing out our great staff. I am sorry you had a difficult time with the lifts within the building, this is an issue that we are aware of and are currently working on, we are set to have 2 new lifts ready to go very soon. I am terribly sorry that you found the room to be dirty, could you please email me direct on rosannab@euro-hostels.co.uk and let me know your room details from your stay so I can look into this further for you. Many thanks once again for your feedback.

Travelers are raving about these Glasgow hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Good points: the shower was fantastic, I booked a four-bed female only dorm and was the only person in it for three of my four nights. I still only paid about 15 pounds. It had an en-suite bathroom, was very clean and very cheap.
Bad points: I was on the eighth floor and the lifts were out of action for my entire stay. Getting up those stairs with my backpack was a challenge and it was annoying have to go up and down seven flights to stairs to get to the kitchen or to use the wifi which doesn't reach to the higher floors (however the stairs were possibly a good option considering how much fish&chips I was eating in Glasgow!). The kitchen was also very badly stocked - at one point, there were four of us cooking dinner and we had to share the single spoon to stir our respective meals! Not ideal. Also, I do not recommend the bar/restaurant downstairs. I had dinner there and I'm pretty sure it was a pre-made meal from tesco. I'm vegetarian and they claim to have many options on the menu but in reality they only had one available. Drinks were very expensive too. Over all: was worth it for the shower and having a few nights of quiet privacy.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Mary F
Hi Mary F, many thanks for your review on Trip Advisor. Let me start by thanking you for the feedback and I am delighted that you found the shower, cleanliness and price fantastic. I am sorry that you had a difficult time with the lifts however I do hope you noticed our refurbishment notices around the building stating that we are currently working on this issue and are soon to have two new lifts for the building. I do hope we can welcome you back again in the future to Euro Hostel Glasgow.
Skelmorlie
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Booked the euro hostel in glasgow for a night out with friends. On presenting my email and reference number at reception was asked by a young female member of staff I was required to show photo id. I had none was asked for 2 bank cards when I asked why I was told with a degree of bad attitude that this was the practice here! Now travelling regularly all over Britain in hotels I have NEVER once been asked for id. The very UNCHARMING member of staff assured me that most hotels in glasgow do this! NOT TRUE!! The whole attitude of the member of staff was shocking to say the least as a receptionist having a stand up argument with a customer WRONG! When I asked her to show me in the email where it stated this she couldn't find it!! Won't be back ill stick to hotels thank you!!!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Rosanna B, General Manager at Euro Hostel Glasgow, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Hi Toaster1, thanks for the review on Trip Advisor. Firstly let me apologise for the experience you have had, I can assure you that cheeky receptionists is not the feedback we normally receive therefore could you please email me direct at rosannab@euro-hostels.co.uk so we can discuss this further. Many thanks and my apologies once again.