I am staying in this hotel now and the room is ok apart from: broken (still live) power socket that I've had to warn my young son about and missing smoke detector in the bathroom.
Breakfast was a surprise. I dont mind toast and cereal, but queuing for ages to get toast is annoying. Will be skipping tomorrow and going to MacDonalds instead. Staff should be toasting the bread and keeping some toasted and ready. Doesn'yt matter if its not warm. If you want the warm toast you can wait.
Worst thing of all about this hostel is the rudeness of some of the other guests. Yesterday a bunch of students walked in ahead of my son and I. The elevators take ages to come (we were going to floor 8 of 9) but we waited. The tourists seemed to get tired of waiting and took the stairs. But know what they did? They went up a floor from G to 1 and got into the lift there. When it came down to G the door opened then immediately closed as they closed the button before my son and I could get in. So thats the calibre of people you'll be sharing the place with. Same thing happened today with some other young tourist - but this time I managed to get my foot in the lift door before he headed off with it. There was a nice atmosphere in the lift then.
Nighttime was quieter than I expected apart from the (inevitable) idiots above jumping up and down at 12am. Not worth complaining about as it didn't last. My son slept through and I used earplugs as I always do in hostels / hotels. Nobody sneakily smoked in the room nearby so the air was fresh at night. Coming into the hostel door was awful. About a dozen smokers there at all times. Nothing to be done about that.
Disappointed with the broken mains socket but it works fine. My disappointment is that it was broken in the first place as (just like Devoncove) I can never understand why these things are left broken. Someone must go into the room and clean it or inspect it and then it should be repaired. Reading the reviews here before going was encouraging as manager answered some reviews and made me think he was on the ball.
I'll come here again. Cheaper than anywhere else and rude people are rude people. AS long as they don't keep jumping and whooping at all hours I don't mind.
My son and I were used to staying in Devoncove hotel which was abysmal but cheap. I tried to book again there but they were too expensive and I decided I could not justify spending so much for the inevitable trouble we'd have. Euro hostel sounded cheap and cheerful but also professional so I thought I'd give it a go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Why pay more than you have to? You're in town to explore the city, or to go shopping, catch up with friends, maybe see a band, or go to the football, not to spend time in an expensive hotel room. We can offer you most of what the big hotel chains do anyway.... Just with twice the fun and half the price. We have comfortable 1-14 shared single gender dorms, family rooms and disabled rooms, all with en-suite facilities, fresh linen and lockers for secure storage. We have a great bar, Mint & Lime, with cheap prices and daily specials, FREE wi-fi available throughout the hostel. During the day we're showing your favourite sporting events and at night we party with guest DJ's or live bands. All our twin rooms have TV's. We have a guest kitchen to cook your own meals and save a bundle, one TV room with huge TV, chill-out room, secure luggage and bike store, Internet access, towel hire or purchase and a guest laundry. What more could you ask for? Oh yeah, we've got that too... Pool tables and a very late liquor license for guests! We welcome groups of all sizes throughout the year and make an ideal choice for sports teams, concertgoers and stag and hen parties. There's plenty of room for the late-night party animals to continue the night without disturbing the peace of other guests. Our staff can organise all of your group adventure activities and tours. Euro Hostel Glasgow is our flagship property and we are very proud of it. It's clean, safe, and friendly and loads of fun. All the rooms are on the higher floors, so when it's bedtime, it's quiet too. Not only do you enjoy cheap accommodation, but because we're right in the city, you save those cab fares as well. We are raising the level within the hostel market so come and see for yourself what all the talk about Euro Hostels is for. *Please note that check in time is at 3PM!* ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Euro Hostel Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Euro Hostel Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Euro Hostel Glasgow Scotland