Devoncove Hotel
$220
$206
  • Restaurant
Glasgow Marriott Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$188
$289
$244
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$176
$137
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$139
$262
$244
Travelocity
1,190 results
All reviewscity centrewest endkelvingrove parkbreakfast was excellentshampooironpubsuniversity
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stayed here lastnight the room was bright,clean and very comfortable for a 3 star I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised the only issue I have is with the breakfast us scots dnt grill potato scones!

Room Tip: First floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
robinGlasgowUk, Director of Sales at Devoncove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you for your review ,we hope to see you again

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Booked through late rooms and payed £53 for 2 adults in a double room. The main reason for booking this hotel was its close proximity to the SSE Hydro arena where we were going to a concert. It certainly is convenient from that point only 10 minutes walk.
The check was quick and efficient and the staff helpful. Our room was on the small side and outdated but very clean. There were all the usual facilities plus an iron and ironing board and free safe. After our concert we went back to the hotel and the night porter, John, was on duty. A real laugh with his faux french phrases and jokes and being residents he was happy to serve us drinks into the wee small hours.
Breakfast was a little chaotic. Serve yourself to toast, tea, coffee, juice, cereals, fruit and yoghurts then queue for the cooked breakfast. We didn't get down to breakfast till late and it felt like the whole hotel had done the same thing. That said we easily found a table and the cooked breakfast was good. We had to wait whilst they fried eggs but at least we knew they were freshly cooked.
Overall we had a pleasant stay and the hotel served its purpose, we would definitely stay again if going to the Hydro or SSEC . As for the bad reviews, if you want 5 star facilities and treatment, pay 5 star prices, do not expect it from a budget hotel!

Room Tip: Room 323 on the top floor is great, at the end of the corridor and away from the lift!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind comments

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I am just off the telephone after calling the Devoncove to see if they could cancel my booking. Now, to be fair, although they weren't, this was a non cancellable booking but... My Mum was diagnosed with cancer shortly after our booking and has just completed her treatment and we are unable to use our booking due to her health. I called up expecting a degree of understanding, what I didn't expect was no compassion what so ever. the response was simply it is not our policy. When I asked if under the circumstances, there was nothing they could do, the response was no, then when pushed, the reply was if you put it in writing and supply EVIDENCE, we will look at it. I asked what sort of evidence and he said he couldn't say, I continued to push for an answer and he replied MEDICAL EVIDENCE! I am appalled at this, if it is the policy, that is one thing but to say he would consider it if I supplied evidence implies he thinks I am lying. Considering this is about my Mum having cancer, I find this thoroughly disgusting and, at best, distasteful.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

We thank you for your review, and are sorry to hear about your mother .Non refundable rates are cheaper and charged at time of booking and are therefore non refundable.

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Arrived on the evening of the 13th of February. As a birthday present for my partner on arrival to reception area there was no one there and suddenly a man appeared from the the side entrance. He wasn't full of conversation and gave us our room key, which didn't open our door , and we had to report this more than once and wait 15 mins at reception before being served to actually get a new key, Reception area was very dirty around the walls and the lift and hallways looked liked they hadn't been hoovered in weeks , Our room looked ok when we entered it but out bed looked like it had sunk in the middlle. We hardly slept as the springs were nearly popping out the mattress , the tellie remote that's stuck to wall would not turn the channels , and the bathroom was absolutely filthy behind the sink looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months , the blue divan bed sheet the drape below the base of the bed looked like it hadn't been changed since the mattress had first landed on it all you can see is the mattress in print. And to top it all we found a condom under the bed, I went to reception to ask for the manager and was told he wasn't there so I explained everything to the receptionist I was told to fill in a complaints form and basically she said she just worked there it wasn't any thing to do with her. She wasn't fazed by what I had just told her. I asked will he phone me because I would really like a refund we arrived late at night and there reviews as a 3 star hotel and standards are defiantly not what there offering to the consumer she said oh yes he will be in shortly and will act on this straight away I am still waiting on his reply. I am totally shocked that this hotel can get away with being a 3 star, I t might be ok for people that work but for people booking weekend away for partners especially when it's in the city centre you'd expect higher standards.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

We are reporting this review as it has been written by a competitor

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

At just under £50 for a night my expectations werent too high when I booked this hotel for a stay over in Glasgow for my boyfriends birthday night out however I didnt expect what we got! On entering our room, room 302, the first thing you notice is the brown and black staining on the ceiling/wall where there is obviously some dampness issues. The toilet was the worst it was dark and very grubby with black tiles, there was absolutely no lock on the door and the shower head was attached to the wall with what looked like a whole roll of sellotape...which leaked like crazy!you cannot turn the shower on without getting in and closing the door as the control is located behind the door when its opened so you get a huge blast of freezing cold water to start your shower!not pleasant! The first time the toilet was flushed was the last, it didnt refill with water and in order for it to be flushed a second time my boyfriend had to refill the cistern himself with glasses of water from the sink....a complete joke! There is a mirror with surrounding lights in the room but when you turn it on you soon realise that only 3 of the 8 bulbs work! You could feel the springs in the mattress and the lift feels like its going to crash to the ground when you step in it! In future I will be spending my £50 on somewhere which at least has some standards, there are plenty of better places for the same price and I wont be making the mistake of staying here again!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

We thank you for your review and are sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations
There was an issue with scottish water , outwit our control
If you contact the hotel we will give you a half price future stay .