Devoncove Hotel
$206
$272
$265
  • Restaurant
Glasgow Marriott Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$188
$289
$244
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$139
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$176
  • Breakfast included
$262
$244
1,190 results
All reviewscity centrewest endkelvingrove parkbreakfast was excellentshampooironpubsuniversity
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I have stayed at the Devoncove a number of times and I find it is great value for money, the rooms are clean and spacious the staff are friendly and helpful and the breakfast was ok to be honest you pay for what you get and the service and rooms reflect that. in short a very good hotel and at the price we have payed a bargain.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chris s
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

This is a very adequate 3* hotel, it does the job, as others have said it would benefit from a lick of paint and general maintenance.
The safe wasn't very safe as you can see from the picture!
Breakfast was fine, a buffet style self service offering full cooked or cereal, yoghurt, fruit. A decent coffee machine would be good though, the flasks containing coffee coloured hot water were a fail.
All in all this is a three star standard hotel but at £99 for a double room a night it I feel it is overpriced.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Rachel R
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Just awful. I checked in initially until the Saturday morning, this was extended until the following Tuesday although it did mean I would have to switch rooms - not a problem but to check with them whether a cancellation had occurred meaning I did not have to move - great. I went down to check with them and was told I did not have to check out on the Saturday morning and it was all sorted.

Turns out it was not fine at all they checked me out claiming that they had spoken to a friend staying in another room who said I was to be checked out. My friend wash't even in the hotel at this point and received no call from them. I returned to find I had indeed been checked out and they had no more available rooms to stay in and I would have to share with a friend. I demanded they return what I had left in the room and eventually they returned ONLY SOME of the items I had left in the room. At present I am still missing a log book containing work for university and my Advent Calendar among other more trivial items. Its the 7th of December and you stole my advent calendar. I am absolutely fuming - being completely serious here. Awful, awful place.

Not to mention my window would not close properly and the smoke alarm battery needed replaced - it kept beeping every 5 minutes. Despite repeated requests to fix it nothing was done. Just go somewhere else!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I decided on this hotel as it was a good location to the venue I was going to see a band in. Upon arriving I had to wait a long time before someone arrived at the reception desk. (even after ringing the bell) The receptionist was not very forthcoming with any information and proceeded to help another member of staff instead of finishing with my check in.
The room was good enough for somewhere to stay for a night out.
Upon check out again I felt that there was no warm service and

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I payed £81 pounds to stay in a double room with my daughter. I Chose the hotel as it was supposedly one of the closest to the Hydro, and the reviews I had read to date seemed reasonable. first impressions wer that the outside steps were tatty and in a state of disrepair. The staff were freindly enough and we made our way to our allocated room via a lift very much in need of a hoover and clean. We got to out room - it was stinking of damp with no exageration!! The roof was bubbling black with large mould spores. We looked out the window, there were smaill bird bones lying outside - quite a horrifying site- the window sill was manky/dirty on the inside. the bed throws were clearly stained and to as much as use them was a disservice to themselves...disgusting!!! I called the room service and asked if we could please have a room that was not damp. A man came up and acted like he was utterly shocked and agreed unreservedly that the room was very unacceptable. We were moved with no fuss to another room. This was a smaller rrom but an improvement... never the less the toilet seat was broken and the ironing board failed to stand up - so we ironed on the floor...trying to make like of this 'faulty towers situation.... off we went to our concert and I felt the walk back was rather more than id hoped for (than the distance indicated on the website) especially for two lone females. When we arrived back the night barman was again friendly enough... but we just felt the hygiene in the hotel fell far short of somewhere we would be happy to eat in. We left therfore without eating our breakfast. I expressed my disappointment to the lady on reception in the morning at hte faults but she just appologised and dismissed it quite politely. I would never go back there again ever!!! Our other choice had been the 'Jury's Inn Hotel' which incidentally we used three weeks later. (last night) it was cheaper. very clean, superior and breakfast was lovely. . promting me to write this review which i had initailly intended.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family