My partner and I visited in December 2010 for a pre-Christmas trip.
Upon arrival we were greeted very nicely at the door and our bags were whisked away immediately, which was nice.
Hotel staff then checked us in, but we had to wait about 20 mins for our room to be ready. However, this was okay as we arrived at around 10.30am and weren't expecting to be allowed in til 3pm - so i'm not complaining!
We had some very nice drinks in the bar - although, first advice, a pint is about £4.20 so go somewhere alse for that!
We were taken to our room by a nice man JOHN who must be credited. He couldn't have been more attentive.
The room was a Corner Suite on the 'Love Is....' package - and it was amazing.
I actaully thought when John opened the door that we were going through someone's house or private room to get to ours it was so good!
The decor was lovely and there was so much space.
And all day and night someone would come to the door with gifts - strawberries, fruit, bottled water, champagne, flowers..... So worth the money.
The only problems we had are as follows:
1) I asked TWICE on the phone for a smoking room and upon arrival could not find an ashtray. So I called reception to ask, and they said they would check and call back - but didn't. So I smoked anyway. They obviously made a mistake and tried to avoid me.
2) The room was clean and tidy, however me and my partner noticed hairs in the bath and finger prints on the mirrors etc... plus some fittings in the bathroom had come loose and looke messy and one of the 2 TVs had a mind of its own, was obviously broken.
3) The bed was a little hard for me.
4) On reading reviews before going, may had said the pool was shut when they were there. And when we arrived, we were told the same. Why have a pool to keep it closed all the time? HOWEVER - they did apologise and say if we wanted to use a pool, they would get us a free taxi to a partner hotel round the corner so that we could use theirs instead - free. All we had to do was let them know if we wanted to go. So that wasn't so bad.
5) Beautiful breakfast in-room. Yum! Only fault - our milk jug had no milk in it. Ooops!
I am one who can't help but notice blips, and these are minor. Overall it was fantastic. The rooms were outstanding and service was great too. Will definately be back. 9/10
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trendy and sophisticated, Radisson Blu Glasgow is located in the heart of the culture-rich city. Shopping and popular attractions such as Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Riverside Museum and the SSE Hydro are all nearby. Each of the 238 elegant bedrooms and suites come with bathrobe and slippers, top-end toiletries and a mini bar. Enjoy the delectable and creative fare of Collage Restaurant offering a unique twist on the British Brassiere, then stop by the two on-site bars for perfectly poured cocktails, wine and beer. When you're not out exploring rejuvenate in the fitness and wellness facilities which include a swimming pool. The exceptional meeting facilities are some of the best in the city, boasting 15 meeting rooms hosting up to 800 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Rezidor, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Radisson Glasgow
- Glasgow Radisson
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow Scotland