Stayed at the Radisson for 6 weeks on business during March to April and all I want when I am on business is quiet room, firm bed, good shower, free broadband, decent breakfast, friendly staff, good bar and food and decent sports channels. Radisson has all this but first two depend on which room you are allocated, otherwise you are in a room with noisy air conditioning and a bed which a trampolinist would covet, which is fine if that is your bag. Staff (particularly Edmondo?) help sort problems when they occur, but you get a bit tired of the battle of changing rooms (I think I have done 4 times so far) when you have registered your preferences (and I know I am on the fussy side) and they have not been followed and there are no spare rooms (there is not a lot of competition in Glasgow at the moment so the Radisson is busy). If you are in odd numbered rooms 543 (firm beds, street facing) upwards you are fine if you are in 610 you have a soft bed, noisy air con, smokey smelling corrider and the noise of what sounds like a lift closing every two minutes then you type reviews into Trip Advisor at 12:30 a.m. Only 7.5 hours before I can check out, not having slept much, for the last time and see what the Hotel du Vin has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trendy and sophisticated, Radisson Blu Glasgow is located in the heart of the culture-rich city. Shopping and popular attractions such as Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Riverside Museum and the SSE Hydro are all nearby. Each of the 238 elegant bedrooms and suites come with bathrobe and slippers, top-end toiletries and a mini bar. Enjoy the delectable and creative fare of Collage Restaurant offering a unique twist on the British Brassiere, then stop by the two on-site bars for perfectly poured cocktails, wine and beer. When you're not out exploring rejuvenate in the fitness and wellness facilities which include a swimming pool. The exceptional meeting facilities are some of the best in the city, boasting 15 meeting rooms hosting up to 800 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Rezidor, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Radisson Glasgow
- Glasgow Radisson
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow Scotland