Last minute whim decided to head to Glasgow with my wife to celebrate her birthday - having stayed at Radisson Blu before already knew of it's great location and friendly staff.
The hotel was nearly full - they had knocked off about £100 off the rack rate and threw in breakfast for 2 too.
When we tried to check in at 3.20pm (earliest 3pm) our room wasn't ready so we were offered complimentary drinks in the bar - a nice touch and very nice Rioja! As soon as the room was ready we were advised.
Parking in Central Glasgow can be an issue but we took advantage of the valet parking - £16 removed all the hassle and included the NCP car park fees.
We opted for a business room - decent sized although the bed being offset at an angle takes some getting used to. Free wi-fi, bathrobes, newspapers and movies were included in the business room.
We'd hoped for an afternoon siesta but the hotel seems to creak and make loud noises as the hotel cladding expands in the sun - so that sadly was ruled out! A shame as the last time we stayed in this hotel in a standard room we managed a legendary 11 hour sleep.
No gripes about the room at all. Decent bathroom and toileteries. The loo brush was broken. Very clean all round. We'd asked for quiet room away from elevators with non feather pillows and these requests were all met (apart from the hotel creaking exterior!)
We each had a massage at the health club. I enjoyed mine with relaxing music but my wife was 'treated' to a Now Thats What I Call Music CD for her aromatherapy massage - what happened to a bit of chill out music?
Breakfast was buffet style and, importantly is served up until mid-day on a Sunday - and our request to check out at 1pm not 12 noon was met with no fuss at all.
We will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trendy and sophisticated, Radisson Blu Glasgow is located in the heart of the culture-rich city. Shopping and popular attractions such as Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Riverside Museum and the SSE Hydro are all nearby. Each of the 238 elegant bedrooms and suites come with bathrobe and slippers, top-end toiletries and a mini bar. Enjoy the delectable and creative fare of Collage Restaurant offering a unique twist on the British Brassiere, then stop by the two on-site bars for perfectly poured cocktails, wine and beer. When you're not out exploring rejuvenate in the fitness and wellness facilities which include a swimming pool. The exceptional meeting facilities are some of the best in the city, boasting 15 meeting rooms hosting up to 800 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Rezidor, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Radisson Glasgow
- Glasgow Radisson
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow Scotland