“lovely hotel,very central”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow
Ranked #32 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed February 27, 2007

My husband and myself have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and love it!! The location is very central to all attractions in Glasgow and right beside the train station. Parking is beside the hotel and you get your ticket validated so it only costs £5 for 24 hours, this is good value for Glasgow! The hotel is very modern and the rooms are great. We particularly loved the heated bathroom floor! There is a good leisure complex with friendly staff.A spa is also located in the leisure area which I have used before and is super. My only grumble would be that on all our previous stays the breakfast was fab but for some reason this time it was not quite up to standard, it was in actual fact very poor, which was a bit of a disappointment. Having said that I love the hotel and will stay there again very soon.

Stayed: February 2007
2  Thank shinty0105
Write a ReviewReviews (3,020)

Reviewed February 25, 2007

I have travelled a lot over the last 10 years or so, and stayed in a number of rather lovely hotels. This one certainly did not disappoint me in any way over the standard of the room or the quality of service on offer. Everything was as I would expect from a 5star hotel. The one thing that was exceptional was the quality and tone of the restaurant. I was there on business and was dreading the dinner for one experience I have had in other places however, here, I was placed with 5 other people also eating on their own and a friendly banter soon hit up. The gentleman in charge of the restaurant that night was very professional indeed, thoughtful, polite helpful and with a sense of humour which eased the atmosphere.
My only slight niggles are, on my second morning being placed at a dirty table for breakfast, a room-service tray left at the side of my room corridor for at least 4 hours and a huge dirty stain on the carpet of my room. (yuck!)
But that said, efficient, happy accommodating staff are the hallmark of this hotel. And to explain the title of this review and to illustrate the service on offer here, the chef of the restaurant rustled up 4 plates of delicious pancakes, no fuss, just because one of the 'eating party' at the restaurant that night happened to remember it was Shrove Tuesday!
Delightful!!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank smileme2you
Graeme-Glasgow, Graeme Gibson at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2007

Thanks for your review - the gentleman in charge is delighted!

We are waiting for delivery of new bedroom carpets and will replace this one soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2007

Stayed at Raddison over the weekend and enjoyed a comfortable stay. Staff were friendly and polite. Room was nothing too exciting but was very clean.

Breakfast was fantastic, especially after a night of enjoying Glasgow's nightlife!

Only one (very small) complaint, when we got to car park to exit, the ticket had not registered the discounted rate (we did give the ticket to receptionist on check out). Could not be bothered to go back to reception so obviously not a big complaint.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IGAScotland
Reviewed February 22, 2007

Stayed in the Radisson and opted for The Apartment! What an amazing hotel room. Usually stay on Executive floor in the Hilton in William St. Having been messed around by them one too many times I decided to head off the Radisson. Like the one in Edinburgh - LOVE the one in Glasgow.

Only down side was quoted a price on the phone and was told it was actually £50 more when I arrived. Breakfast served in room fairly quickly and service was great whenever we needed it.

I will be back

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Allan F
Reviewed February 17, 2007

have stayed many times and loved it but i will not stay again. i had to wait nearly 2 hours for my room(this also happened in dec had to wait 90mins.) but what is most annoying was the way i was treated by the reception staff come back in 20 mins i was told twice .we have 250 rooms to clean you know. your room does not have to be ready at 2pm and other excuses not once did i get sorry sir iwill get on to it straight away. i was offered a free dring the second time i went to enquire sit down and some one will attend to you 20mins later i was still sitting on returning to reception i told her i felt like cancelling(i had booked a valentines package for my wife. who was now very upset and wanted to go home.) she just said thats fine sir and proceeded to tap the keyboard. thats you cancelled. i know problems happen but it is how you deal with them that is important and the customer service ireceived not once but twice(i allowed the first time to go by as a fluke) was terrible i await a reply from the radisson but unless i get a sincere appolgy i will not book with them again. there are far friendly hotels around glasgow.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
11  Thank jeromeserena
Graeme-Glasgow, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2007

No excuses here - we got it wrong and I have been in touch with you directly to resolve this.

We are working with the team to improve our response

Reviewed February 16, 2007

Just back from a two night stay (13th - 15th) at the Radisson. This was the third time my wife and I have stayed here and we wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. The hotel is a short walk from the City Centre and the walk through the railway tunnel is not user friendly , though we have never had any problems. As soon as you arrive at the hotel you are greeted by hotel staff , who will park your car for you (8 pounds per day) , check in is quick and easy. We have always stayed on the 6th floor (never asked for it) but this is not a problem and the hotel lifts are very pleasant (you'll know what I mean , if you've been in them) The rooms are good with every thing you'll need and don't ask for a room with a view because there aren't any.Breakfast is served in the Collage Restaurant and is excellent (no need for lunch). We have had previously eaten in the hotel restaurants , but there are several good ones in the City Centre , so try both. The bar area is hugh and service is the best. One down point for this trip was although it was Valentines Day , there was nothing in the hotel to indicate this and I had notified the hotel prior to travelling of a special occassion that my wife were celebrating however this was overlooked. This didn't make our stay any less enjoyable and the hotel is the best hotel we have stayed in the UK. The staff are mostly all local and very friendly. This is a good hotel and Glasgow is a good city. Enjoy both !!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NITraveller
Reviewed February 9, 2007

A lot of positive things have been said about this hotel. I mostly agree, but there are a few thing I didn't care for.

It is always nice to be back in the friendly city of Glasgow, and on this occation for the Celtic Connections festival, where we enjoyed some great concerts on the last weekend in January.

Arriving at Glasgow Central Station from Prestwick airport at 6 pm Friday we were able to check in and be in our room 5 minutes later. You can't beat the location if you arrive by train!

Our room was on the 4th floor and was medium sized. The bathroom was on the small side, but with a tub and perfectly comfortable. I would like to thank the hotel for introducing me to the Arran Aromatics products. I absolutely loved them and even bought some Arran products at the airport to take home. I just discovered they also have a website where I can order more of these great products.

Now for the less positive part of my review: Entering the room we realized we were given the chain smokers room. We did ask for a smoking room, we usually do in hotels, but I have never been in such a smokey room ever. An airfreshener would have helped.
In order to get some fresh air we turned on the air conditioning, but found it too noisy and turned it off again.
The room had two windows. We were able to open only the smallest one, but it opened just a few inches. Why?
Anyway, we left the window open when leaving the room an hour later. The smokey room was less smokey when we returned. Could we have asked for another better smelling room in the first place? Probably, but the thing is that we were in a hurry to grab something to eat before the concerts. We didn't want to waste time moving our stuff around again.

Pulling the curtains from the window to have a look at the view (wiew = a roof) a half emptied bottle of red wine appeared. Did the staff think we would like to empty it?
Quite a lot of stains on the carpet, amongst them a big red one. Was it the rest of the red wine?

There were only one set of towels in the bathroom. We were about to call the reception to ask for more towles when we found another set in the closet. Why did they put towles in the closet?

There were a lot of amenities in the room and in the bathroom, so we wondered why we didn't have a hair dryer in the bathroom. We assumed we had to ask for it. We never needed one, so we didn't ask either. Only the last day, on Sunday, while looking for a pen to write tags on the suitcases, we found the hair dryer - in the desk drawer. Why not put the hair dryer where people usually use it - in the bathroom?

We prefer to sleep on a firm matress, this room had a very soft one.

Furniture is of course a matter of taste, and if you are in to standard corporate like furniture it would be perfect, but I'm not, so I found the furniture a bit boring and dull.

Overall these "complaints" are only minor to a good stay in Glasgow and the SAS hotel: The amenities in the room were great, staff friendly and efficient, breakfast excellent on both mornings.

• Stayed: January 2007
2  Thank TET

Thanks for your review - we love the Arran Aromatics too and I hope you had some left to take home.

We are installing de-ioniser's in our smoking rooms to reduce any smell of smoke and our window opening is restricted as a saftey measure.
New carpets are on the way and this one will be replaced.