Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow
$151
$143
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Glasgow Marriott Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$88
Kelvingrove Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$57
$54
Agoda.com
Fraser Suites Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$157
$132
  • Fitness center
$71
PremierInn.com
3,190 results
All reviewscentral stationcollage restauranta business class roommodern hotelstandard roomjunior suitecity centremini barargyle streetleisure facilitiesbuffet breakfaststayed one nightcar parkbars and restaurantsgood nights sleepan overnight stayhaggis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 1, 2009

Please note to keep my comments in context, Radisson consider this hotel to be 5 Star
Just before posting this I was fascinated to read the recent posting – also referring to “No apologies”.
This is one of those hotels which has a “Mission Statement” in the guest bedrooms but does not appear to have communicated that Mission Statement to all of its staff and certainly not to the managers on duty during our three night weekend stay. “We guarantee you’ll be satisfied. It is our promise to you that in every hotel, every day you can expect to be satisfied with Radisson SAS. If you aren’t satisfied with something, please let one of our staff know during your stay & we’ll make it right …… It’s Guaranteed.” Kurt Ritter; President & CEO; Radisson SAS.
I booked this hotel because of the rave reviews on TripAdvisor. Apart from my negative comments following, I concur with all the reported good points and it is very sad that I shall be rating this hotel as 2 out of 5. This is judged on our weekend stay only.
1. Pre-arrival: Some query/request emails from me to the hotel were answered within minutes by “Therese”. All subsequent arrangements were very smooth.
2. Arrival Friday: Very good, be-kilted and very friendly “John” appeared at our taxi and took us up to our room explaining very clearly how the room “worked” including the famous heated floor in the bathroom (see later re this). Check-in at reception was friendly and efficient AND ahead of time.
3. Bathroom: The underfloor heating did not appear to be working and the floor tiles were quite cold; there is no other heating in the bathroom. I reported this verbally to reception first thing on Saturday. We were out all day and on our return there was still no heating and also no message about this.
4. Sunday before breakfast: I handed in to reception a note addressed to the “Manager”. This commented that the underfloor heating was still not working and that we had had no feedback from the hotel on this. I stated also that although we had been coming and going quite a bit, were not that young, sometimes were carrying shopping etc., NOT once had any hotel staff opened the quite heavy door for us. This had happened EVEN when uniformed staff were standing chatting to each other right beside the door. This door only opens outwards and is very awkward to open if entering carrying bags etc.
5. Sunday breakfast: Saturday had been very good; excellent manager on duty; good staff and food. On Sunday, we were greeted by the manager with “Hi Ya folks; what’s your room number?”. Then “Come this way folks; do ya want tea or coffee folks?”.
Coffee was stone cold; returned – no apology; came back hot but no apology. Toast wasn’t “toasted”; returned – no apology; came back but no apology AND as brown – we had ordered white; returned again – no apology; came back again; still no apology though we did get “Here ya are folks”.
Link sausages on the buffet were piled high in the serving dish but no one was selecting them as they were totally undercooked and white, not brown. After pointing out this, these were removed. Hash browns had run out and had not been replenished.
6. Sunday, another note: I handed in to reception another note to the “Manager” commenting on all the above. I also asked that the hotel re-introduced staff training. After being out most of the day, returned to room expecting there to be a message on the phone; NOTHING. Underfloor heating still not working.
7. Monday: Breakfast good but still greeted as “Hi Ya folks”. We may be old-fashioned, but this is a 5 star hotel, not a 2 star American motel. Actual restaurant servers again were delightful, mannerly and attentive, especially “Jacqueline” who had “rescued” matters from the managers on Sunday.
On checking out, I commented to reception that we were astonished that no contact or response whatsoever had been forthcoming from any managers which the hotel might have. I asked for the General Manager’s name and contact details and said I would be contacting Head Office. I added that we would be leaving our bags with the concierge and not picking them up till around 4pm. This gave plenty of time for a manager to call me on my mobile or leave a message with the concierge – nothing!
Later we sat in the reception lounge bar for about 90 minutes before going for our train. Again we noted that no one would open doors for hotel guests no matter how old were the guests or what they were carrying. Again we actually saw staff standing by the door and turning away just as guests approached the door. Of course, even though there had been plenty of opportunity, we still were not contacted by management.
Without exception, staff were friendly and rooms very pleasant though not that large for the grade of hotel. The bathroom especially is smallish. It is just such a pity that there appeared to be no management that weekend hence my very low marking.

NOW an upbeat message: I emailed the President and CEO and other senior managers, copying in the Glasgow hotel General Manager. I received a very quick personal call from the General Manager (he had not been on duty during our weekend). I also received a call and a letter from the Regional Director of Radisson and a personal mail from the President.

I was very impressed with the reaction and speed of the responses from these managers once the issues had been brought to their attention. My wife and I are now more than happy to be going back to the Glasgow Radisson in January for three nights and to celebrate our anniversary. I don’t think we have full confidence in the restaurant however, especially for an evening meal, and will be dining out at the excellent Guy’s and La Lanterna.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BuddyES
Reviewed December 1, 2009

Great spacious bedrooms and an even greater bathroom with underfloor heating. Loved the big fluffy towels and walk in shower cubicle. The staff are very friendly and the concierge very helpful and chatty. We left our bags after we had checked out to do our Xmas shopping in town and again no problem.
Thoroughly enjoyed staying in this lovely modern hotel in the city centre of Glasgow.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2009

We were treated very well and had a great stay.

We were allowed to check in 2 hours early, the rooms were very good, the breakfast was very nice.

Location wise it is superb and we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank ROBERTANTHONY223
Reviewed November 21, 2009

Stayed at this hotel for three nights from 7th to 10th Nov 09.
We have always stayed at the Radisson's, especially in London as they are comfortable and a smashing breakfast, well at least in the London Radisson.
Was very disappointed with the Glasgow Radisson breakfast. I asked for coffee the first morning and was brought (after 15 minutes) a luke warm jug of coffee, which I sent back as did the couple sitting at the next table, as their coffee was also luke warm.
The waitress just snatched it up and with no apology took it away, another waiter brought the next jug which was hot.
Next I asked for fried eggs, as they only had scrambled in the 'help yourself' buffet, I was told they would take a couple of minutes, so took my plate and served myself to hash brownie, bacon and sausage, sat down and waited for the fried eggs, I had to ask again for them as the waitress had forgotten to get them for me, so when I finally DID get them, the rest of the breakfast was cold.
What a difference to the London Radisson, everything there is hot and they can't do enough to be helpful.
I felt that I should 'make do' with what I got, and just help myself to what was on offer and not bother the waitress for anything 'extra'.
There was no marmalade for the toast, had to ask for that too, it was dumped on the table!.
To be fair the hotel itself is lovely, we had paid extra for a Club room, which was lovely and clean and very comfortable, but I do feel the restaurant needs attention, or the waitresses need training properly when paying guests ask for something extra.
We had this treatment for two mornings, the third morning we were given seats at a different part of the restaurant, and the service there was A1, the waitress there was very helpful, so I would advise, if you get the surly waitress one morning, then ask to be seated somewhere different the next morning.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank DoncasterYorkie
Reviewed November 19, 2009

Just come back from the Radisson Glasgow and our stay could not have been more enjoyable. The staff at the hotel cannot do enough for you. The hotel is situated across the road from Central Train Station so was brilliant from our 11pm arrival from Glasgow Prestwick Airport (50 mins by train away). On arrival we were offered a complimentary drink to celebrate my husband's birthday (the reason for our visit). The hotel is central to the main shopping district, pub & restaurants, all no more than a 5 min walk away. We were not leaving til late in the evening so we were given a late check at (at no extra charge). The rooms are immaculate with underfloor heating in the bathroom, large wardrobe space, a great entertainment centre with everything you need for the modern day traveller. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends