Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow
$151
$143
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Glasgow Marriott Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$88
Kelvingrove Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$57
$54
Agoda.com
Fraser Suites Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$157
$132
  • Fitness center
$71
PremierInn.com
3,190 results
All reviewscentral stationcollage restauranta business class roommodern hotelstandard roomjunior suitecity centremini barargyle streetleisure facilitiesbuffet breakfaststayed one nightcar parkbars and restaurantsgood nights sleepan overnight stayhaggis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 2, 2005

The staff here is really special. They were knowledgeable and helpful.

We needed to add an extra night at the last minute; and though our extra night had to be in a different (upgraded) room, the rate remained the same fabulous bed and breakfast value, and the efficient staff moved our stuff while we were out sightseeing. The breakfasts were excellent (both in the restuarant and as room service), the location good for walking to lots of things, and the rooms beautifully designed and maintained. Standard rooms are almost as big as executive rooms and just as nice.

Regarding the neighborhood: we are from the NY city area, so the neighborhood doesn't seem bad to us. We drove up in rain and traffic, and I did have to run inside to get someone while my husband stayed with the car, but I got immediate attention and our car was unloaded and parked for us in very short order.

We liked Collage restaurant very much, thought TaPaell'ya restaurant was terrible.

• Stayed: October 2005
5  Thank Dorothy in NJ
Reviewed November 2, 2005

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for my first three nights of four in Glasgow. The last night I stayed at the Malmaison, which offered a better weekend rate.
This hotel is ideally located for shoppers in the UK. The best shopping district outside of London, although Edinburgh has it's share.
The photos say it all. A contempory hotel with a nice staff. Clean and nicely sized room although it is a bit of a squeeze for one of the bed partners. Close to the wall.
Unusual room design. A slight flaw is the amount of light that goes from the bath to the bedroom at night. The Europeon Radissons are a cut above the American and Australian ones in my opinion.
I thought about using the pool, but was intimidated by the gym/exercise room look. I think hotel pools should have a romantic feel.
I got great staff advice about Rogano's restaurant and the Chinese restaurant named Ho Wong. Loved both of them. A bit pricey with the Euro-dollar rate being what it is but I would eat at both of them again. An interesting note is that Scots seem to dress a bit more casual than the Brits when they eat out.
Since I missed a tour bus trip (stood in the wrong location), I got good advice from the staff about how to catch the same tour the next day. That worked out better because of the weather.
Regarding Glasgow and Edinburgh. Bring your portable umbrella. The weather changes every half hour. I am not kidding. It is unbelievable and I have traveled many places in the world. Take a look at a map and note how far north these cites are located.
The hotel is located on the edge of a district being rebuilt. Any USA city dweller will feel OK, but some people from smaller towns might feel a bit uneasy. That is how it is in most Europeon cities. These Scottish metros are not big cities. On Sunday the Glasgow subway doesn't run the first train until 11 AM. Weird.
I am a bit of a hotel buff, who places his own reservations on the web and this place deserves it's rank in Glasgow.

• Stayed: August 2005
7  Thank Navigator10
Management response:Responded November 7, 2005

Thanks for your comments.

Interesting point about the bedroom configuration, they are by far our most popular room type but, in the interest of satisfying most tastes, we do have different room designs. It's best to check them out on the web-site and make your selection at the time of booking.

Reviewed October 27, 2005

My business partner and I stayed at the Radisson on the 19th October. We were unable to park our car directly outside the hotel as there are double yellow lines and a bus lane. I drove around the hotel several times looking for a parking space, but to no avail. We ended up parked in a grotty NCP car park 5 minutes walk away, which is bad enough during the day, but particularly horrible after dark. The day shift reception staff were friendly and efficient, however, the night shift seemed happier hiding behind the screens at reception rather than maintaining a presence behind the reception desk. Twice we returned to the hotel after 9pm to find no one at the front desk, and other staff members seemingly unable or unwilling to come over and help us.

Our rooms were really nice - clean, modern and well equipped. Breakfast was good too, with fab bacon and eggs, and good strong coffee.

We travel to Glasgow frequently on business, and would probably have considered the Radisson as our regular base......if it wasn't for one major factor. The Radisson appears to be located right in the heart of the Red Light District in Glasgow. As soon as the local businesses and shops closed for the day (about 6pm), the street corners soon became the haunt of 'working girls' and their clients. One evening, we left the hotel to walk to Gamba, a seafood restaurant recommended to us by the reception staff (who said it was a short walk away). It was an incredibly uncomfortable and intimidating experience to walk past the women in the red light districts and the kerb crawlers who were approaching them. We were 2 women alone in the city, and we felt incredibly vulnerable being in the area around Argyle Street, Wellington Street and Oswald Street - the 3 streets that surround the hotel.

No matter how lovely our room was, or how great our breakfast, we wouldn't want to stay at the Radisson again because of the location. I'm stunned that no one seems to mention the red light district in any of the reviews here - did we all stay in the same place?

Thankfully, we are booked into another hotel for our next trip to Glasgow which is in a far superior and safer location.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
11  Thank Bridget B
Management response:Responded November 7, 2005

Thanks for your feedback; very useful for us.

Sorry to hear you had trouble parking. For the benefit of other readers, the lay-by at the front of the hotel is there primarily for our arriving guests and we do offer a valet parking service from there - just let us have the keys and we'll take care of the rest.

I'm sorry to hear you experienced the worst of Glasgow's nightlife. This is something the city council are working very hard to eliminate but, until then, it is something you could come across nearby any hotel in the city centre. That being said, our front desk team should have been more sensitive to your requirements and this was a bit of a learning exercise for us.

A TripAdvisor Member
Newcastle, England
Reviewed October 17, 2005

This was our second stay at the Radisson in Glasgow, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. The hotel is modern and stylish but with the friendliness and service you would expect to find in a much smaller hotel. Without exception, the staff couldn't have been more helpful and dealt with every request efficiently and with a smile.

The only thing which disturbed us this stay was the loud music from the floor below (we were on floor 3, I am assuming there is a function suite below) and then in the early hours, what seemed to be the noise of furniture being moved. It was not excessive, but on future visits, I will request a room on a higher floor as we did not have this problem when we stayed on floor 4.

The twin beds pushed together in what is supposed to be a 'double' room is also weird, and slightly uncomfortable. Provide double matresses and duvets Radisson!!
I don't want to appear negative, and these were really minor things.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in a modern, stylish, friendly, relaxed hotel, so close to the shops, it's easy to pop back, unload those bags, grab a glass of vino and start shopping again!

P.S. The lovely doorman, Kenneth in his chic black kilt is a total star!

• Stayed: October 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 17, 2005

Very good service from the moment you check in to the moment you leave.
Staff are courteous and helpful.
Good room service menu with prompt delivery.
Free use of Fitness First and classes are a bonus!!
Definately worth going back to.

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled on business